News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Campbell wasn’t available and seeing Robbie is councillor for the neighbouring ward – he stepped in?

Maybe Campbell wasn’t available and seeing Robbie is councillor for the neighbouring ward – he stepped in?

Considering what happened between RoFo and the TCDSB/coaching, I am not sure why anyone at that end thought that letting him participate is anything but inappropriate. Like honestly, you basically barred him from volunteering at your board, and then have him at the sod turning ceremony for one of your new schools? W-T-F?

AoD

And here I was about to say that, with something as mundane as a sod-breaking ceremony, Robbie was at least doing his job.

But no, he was doing John Campbell's job in John Campbell's ward!

If I was a councillor, that's the sort of thing I'd be bringing to the Integrity Commissioner, since it shows a huge lack of respect for his colleagues (not to mention the taxpayers of Ward 2, whi end up with a distracted part-time councillor.)

Some of the other councillors need to start going into his ward. Tit for tat and all that.

Considering what happened between RoFo and the TCDSB/coaching, I am not sure why anyone at that end thought that letting him participate is anything but inappropriate. Like honestly, you basically barred him from volunteering at your board, and then have him at the sod turning ceremony for one of your new schools? W-T-F?

AoD

But as we have learned....people are dumb and blindly believe dumb things. Obviously at least a couple folks thought that Ford is the bomb diggity and would be a great addition to their digging. I bet one of his minions may have worked this out as well and people don't say no to Ford. "what harm could it do it's only a .."

But as we have learned....people are dumb and blindly believe dumb things. Obviously at least a couple folks thought that Ford is the bomb diggity and would be a great addition to their digging. I bet one of his minions may have worked this out as well and people don't say no to Ford. "what harm could it do it's only a .."

Re-election absolved all past sins.

AoD

It's a completely different school board. This school is being built by the CSDCCS - not the TCDSB

I believe someone took that issue to the IC before he was mayor and they ruled he could help people in other wards. Seems like a raw deal for Ward 2 though.

Rofo himself is a raw deal for Ward 2.

But they *had* to have him. J'ose dire ils peuvent manger de la merde et mourir.

AoD

Money and politics.

It's a completely different school board. This school is being built by the CSDCCS - not the TCDSB

Considering the reasons for "banishment" should there be a difference.

Last edited:
I got curious about how quickly we learned about Robbie's cancer when it was first announced, and so did a little digging.

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 we learned around 2:00 that Ford had been transferred from Humber Memorial to Mt. Sinai.

By 7:00 that evening, Dr. Zane Cohen gave his first press conference. By that point they had performed a CT scan and conducted a biopsy (presumably using the immediate results of the scan). Dr. Cohen informed us that Ford would be having an MRI the next day, and that the results of the biopsy would take a week.

We didn't hear again from Dr. Cohen until Wednesday, September 17 when we learned that the first biopsy had proved inconclusive and so Ford had undergone a second that Monday; the MRI had revealed a second tumour; and that the second biopsy had proved the tumours were cancerous. He also said that Ford and his family had learned the news in the last 72 hours, which technically means they could've known as early as Monday, after the biopsy.

Conclusions?

Fair enough, but even then the question of due diligence and appropriateness remains - does anyone think that he is a suitable representative for anything school-related at this point? Me thinks not. The amount of latitude cut for him is just mind-boggling.

AoD

I know its difficult to keep all the court cases straight but is there a challenge to the next COI coming up any day? I think the frods mounted a challenge to the merit of the case to proceed. I thought Aprilish. Anyone recall?

I know its difficult to keep all the court cases straight but is there a challenge to the next COI coming up any day? I think the frods mounted a challenge to the merit of the case to proceed. I thought Aprilish. Anyone recall?

Last I heard: There is a motion to dismiss by the Fords, to be heard by the court in April.

CP24 ‏@CP24 1m1 minute ago
JUST IN: Ajax Ward 2 Councillor Renrick Ashby has forfeited his seat due to incomplete financial filings, the town clerk says.

Meanwhile in Ajax, something we can only wish would happen to some councillors!

Good I'm not losing it too badly. Anyone clearer on the dates? IMO this is the most promising way to be rid of them both for at least 7 years. Thanks againJude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back