News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused about the HHOF story. Why is it making news now? The vote was back in December, was it not?

I'm so confused about the HHOF story. Why is it making news now? The vote was back in December, was it not?

Because the appointment of the new board was March 25th... S Holyday and R Ford were installed on that date and Grimes is a holdover....Oh and guess what D Holyday is still on the board. Could that be to keep R Ford under control?

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 1m1 minute ago
John Tory on Rob Ford's Hockey Hall of Fame board appointment. "It seems he has put some of his personal problems behind him."

I politely disagree with Mr. Tory on this point.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m1 minute ago
"He got elected & he wanted to be on that board & we put him on that board" Tory on Rob Ford on Hockey Hall of Fame

Not the best idea.

Last edited:
Sigh. I wish I could agree because on a larger level I'm entirely within lockstep here, Kat...
I don't doubt that Ford is looking upon this appointment as a real feather in his cap, and for that reason alone he shouldn't get it. Sorry if that sounds petty, but after everything he's done, I don't think he deserves any "rewards," and I doubt I'm alone in that opinion.

Very well said. Bravo.

Sigh. I wish I could agree because on a larger level I'm entirely within lockstep here, Kat. I would have been happy if we'd never heard of former Mayor Assclown and his degenerate clan ever again after the last election. Unfortunately, such is not the case. We're still stuck with them, which means we have to deal. And that means we can't allow them to continue getting away with the shit they pull. As we have seen repeatedly with Ford - and as is the case with all such bullies of his ilk - appeasement doesn't work. "Oh, let's be the bigger man," "Let's be the grown ups in this situation," "Let's not respond in kind when his behavior gets ugly," "Let's allow him to twist the law to suit his own purposes," etc. etc. etc. all amounts to: Let him do whatever he wants without suffering a single consequence. Well, we've tried that, haven't we? And it doesn't work, does it? Not unless the idea is to make him look like a genuinely unstoppable force of nature who has a lot more power and popularity than he actually possesses in reality. If that's the goal, then it works like a charm.

Well, people should be outraged. Even those of us who couldn't care less about sports have heard of the HHOF, which gives it a certain amount of prestige. I'm glad that people associated with the organization are protesting this. They're exactly the sort of allies we need to put the lie to "It's only the snooty downtown faggots, uh, elitists that are against salt-of the-earth, regular guy Rob. Ordinary people love him!" line of bullshit. And more than that, they're right to protest this unstable criminal buffoon being forced on them. Of course it's an outright insult, and the people involved are correct to treat it as such. Why should they have to put up with Ford? The sooner city council realizes this is a factor, the better. It'll save them a lot of embarrassment in the future.

Yes, Ford and his fanbase of rubes will scream bloody murder whenever he encounters the least opposition over anything, but since they'll do that anyway, I say we should actually, y'know, oppose them. It's preferable to the alternative, which is to allow him to skate again and again and again, only to have him turn around and start shrieking about being persecuted the very second he sees an opening where that would benefit him. Haven't we repeatedly seen that little scenario unfold plenty of times already? And yes, I understand the argument that this particular appointment is meaningless and he won't be able to do any harm there - though I wouldn't put it past him; Slob has an undeniable talent in that area, after all - but as I've said, even those of us who aren't sports followers have heard of the Hockey Hall of Fame. I don't doubt that Ford is looking upon this appointment as a real feather in his cap, and for that reason alone he shouldn't get it. Sorry if that sounds petty, but after everything he's done, I don't think he deserves any "rewards," and I doubt I'm alone in that opinion.

100% agree. In any other situation this would be a smallish story - for example even the certifiably insane Mammo had been appointed - but HHOF has a reach way beyond our city and we will continue to have the world think this city has gone nuts by honouring this horrible man. When people like sportscasters start hammering on Robbie, it will not change his behaviour, but it may help it sink in with some of the FN base.

It's an evil construct by athletic "millionaires" to cheat hard-working "taxpayers" from their already meagre existence.

Unless you own season tickets... then it's fucking awesome.

Cool :D

The latest Ward 2 newsletter. Who rites this stuff?

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.08 PM.png

Not too bad: an extraneous comma and the "th" is not really suitable in written English when the date includes the year.

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.21 PM.png

If there really were expressions of support, it seems rather a shame that he cannot thank anyone for them.

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.34 PM.png

So-so: a redundant "both", an extraneous comma and a phoney genteel "myself" instead of "me" (but that's just between you and I).

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.44 PM.png

Apparently Ford's office will be at the hospital and at his home and, as always, he somehow will be reachable at home while he is in hospital.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.08 PM.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 466
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.21 PM.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 475
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.34 PM.png
    14 KB · Views: 452
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 1.10.44 PM.png
    17 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Those around the world? I think someone is having delusions of grandeur - kind of like how some bit dictators like to collect irrelevant trinkets as evidence of their popularity (vs. notoriety).

AoD

Those around the world? I think someone is having delusions of grandeur - kind of like how some bit dictators like to collect irrelevant trinkets as evidence of their popularity (vs. notoriety).

A Fordian "outpouring" is the equivalent of a Fordian "billion" and is "the best outpouring there is".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back