News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. People under 40 don't experiment with fonts unless they are art directors or suchlike. People under 40 use arial. Multiple fonts on a single page is a legacy from the print-only pre-computer era. My money's still on some lackey from Deco's backrooms. The Fords have a long history of ugly mis-capitalized all-you-can-eat-font-buffet productions.

And interestingly enough, IIRC back in 2010, the Ford-for-mayor website itself started out as some hideous amateur-hour affair. But then Kouvalis stepped in and brought some discipline--which, I presume, included visual discipline, i.e. the classic no-nonsense Ford/Deco look applied throughout, and no other funny stuff, less is more, etc etc.

Now, it looks as if the Fords are getting flabby again.

And thinking of other stuff like the Canadian Flag 50th signs, I'm suspecting that increasingly, the lackeys are all that's left at Deco as various Doug Sr. hires die off or retire or quit or fade away...

And thinking of other stuff like the Canadian Flag 50th signs, I'm suspecting that increasingly, the lackeys are all that's left at Deco as various Doug Sr. hires die off or retire or quit or fade away...

Or get annoyed by their former bosses enough to a) quit and b) leak their stories to the press.

AoD

I would love it if some former employee blew the whistle on them or told the truth about the family finances.

Sigh. ... As we have seen repeatedly with Ford - and as is the case with all such bullies of his ilk - appeasement doesn't work. "Oh, let's be the bigger man," "Let's be the grown ups in this situation," "Let's not respond in kind when his behavior gets ugly," "Let's allow him to twist the law to suit his own purposes," etc. etc. etc. all amounts to: Let him do whatever he wants without suffering a single consequence. Well, we've tried that, haven't we? And it doesn't work, does it? Not unless the idea is to make him look like a genuinely unstoppable force of nature who has a lot more power and popularity than he actually possesses in reality.....

You just don't get it. If you keep harping on every little thing the Fords do, you look like an obsessed hater. People think it's personal and not based on your disapproval of what he did, but of who he is. And they stop listening to those critics. You become the boy who cried wolf; when you actually have something important ("Ford was drunk at the Danforth, and witnesses say he drove himself there"), people go "oh, there's that guy who chases Rob down the street after he's parked his car and screams 'you didn't turn your wheels towards the curb!!! You should have your licence revoked forever!!'"

Picking your battles is not about appeasement or taking some high road. It's simply that people will eventually tune you out if you constantly wail about everything at the same volume.

Well, people should be outraged. Even those of us who couldn't care less about sports have heard of the HHOF, which gives it a certain amount of prestige. I'm glad that people associated with the organization are protesting this. They're exactly the sort of allies we need to put the lie to "It's only the snooty downtown faggots, uh, elitists that are against salt-of the-earth, regular guy Rob. Ordinary people love him!" line of bullshit....

They are the same people who shrug when told of all the domestic assault calls to the Ford house, and mumble "well the charges were dropped, so I'm sure it was nothing..." And they embrace the idea and language of the term "snooty downtown faggots". They were cheering at the July Fordfest when the LGBT group was threatened.

Nope, I don't want them as allies.

Last edited:
Actually, someone else (who works for them reluctantly) allegedly does it for them.

I should have put a sarcasm tag. Anyway, they are a) the individual can't have anything to do with such things, b) was told to condescend to the "Nation", c) they disdain the Fords or d) recently updated MS Publisher '97.

Also, someone named Miroslav Glavic blocked me on Twitter and I have no memory of interacting with him. Is he a Ford loyalist?

Not exactly

[video=youtube;MVfWzzrZAoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVfWzzrZAoo[/video]

although he certainly defends/apologizes for Ford from time to time.

You're not missing much. He seems to have a touch of OCD about posting his location and fancies himself a gadfly/shitdisturber. Sort of a younger, slightly less disingenuous Sawision.

Recently claimed several police divisions forbade him to criticize them :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back