8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
· 2 hrs 2 hours ago

Speaker @MiroslavGlavic tells government management committee that councillors don't need a board book app for mobile devices #TOpoli

Yeah, that is how I discovered that I was blocked.

Not exactly

[video=youtube;MVfWzzrZAoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVfWzzrZAoo[/video]

although he certainly defends/apologizes for Ford from time to time.

You're not missing much. He seems to have a touch of OCD about posting his location and fancies himself a gadfly/shitdisturber. Sort of a younger, slightly less disingenuous Sawision.

Recently claimed several police divisions forbade him to criticize them :confused:

I will add him to my list of people who have blocked me.

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 12.02.28 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 12.02.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 12.02.28 PM.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 576
Trustee Sam posted a snarky Tweet about Day Of Pink. I would look it up, but he blocked me.

Oh I see. Because the Fords are opportunistic hypocrites, the city should do away with the rebate program altogether.

I didn't come anywhere close to suggesting such a thing. Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm merely saying we shouldn't let the demonstrable fact that the two scumbags are opportunistic hypocrites (as you so deftly put it) go by unmentioned whenever they act like opportunistic hypocrites. It's exhausting, I know, because they constantly misbehave - I can't believe all the crap they've pulled in the last couple of weeks alone, and this well after Slob dropped out of the race for Mayor while Thug handily lost his own electoral bid and during a period where Baby Bro Blob is supposed to be prepping for major (and potentially life-threatening) surgery - but I don't think we have any choice. Recognizing the reality of the Fords' ugly behavior but not shining a light on it when we have the chance - for whatever misguided reason - is playing right into their hands. Speaking of which...

You just don't get it. If you keep harping on every little thing the Fords do, you look like an obsessed hater. People think it's personal and not based on your disapproval of what he did, but of who he is. And they stop listening to those critics. You become the boy who cried wolf; when you actually have something important ("Ford was drunk at the Danforth, and witnesses say he drove himself there"), people go "oh, there's that guy who chases Rob down the street after he's parked his car and screams 'you didn't turn your wheels towards the curb!!! You should have your licence revoked forever!!'"

1.) It's not crying wolf when we criticize them for things they've actually done, Kat, and (2.) Yeah, some of their stunts/rule breakings/crimes are obviously more significant than others. Who said otherwise? But the entirety of it all gives off an unavoidable car crash sensation. It all adds up. Yes, even the minor stuff, and don't be so quick to dismiss it. A lot of times, it's the small things that manage to capture the public's attention in a way that larger outrages don't or can't. Al Capone was eventually nailed on tax evasion, right?

Since the Fords are keeping their little carnival side show up and running, I don't see why we shouldn't highlight the freakishness of it all when they act like....well, freaks. They're doing it as much for attention as anything else, so why not give it to them? When they're so accommodating as to hand us ammunition on a silver platter, then we should use it, for Chrissakes.

Picking your battles is not about appeasement or taking some high road. It's simply that people will eventually tune you out if you constantly wail about everything at the same volume.

But just mentioning something on the smaller scale of outrages or discussing it isn't necessarily keeping it at the same volume as the bigger issues, is it? Practically everything they do is an affront against common decency. If we choose to highlight only the 'important' stuff, then a lot of truly despicable actions will end up swept under the rug.

They are the same people who shrug when told of all the domestic assault calls to the Ford house, and mumble "well the charges were dropped, so I'm sure it was nothing..." And they embrace the idea and language of the term "snooty downtown faggots". They were cheering at the July Fordfest when the LGBT group was threatened.

Nope, I don't want them as allies.

Rest assured I don't either; in this instance I was referring to the people who actually run the HHOF, not the willful peasant crowd who are only too eager to tug their forelocks and kiss Big Daddy Ford's gigantic ass as long as he strokes their egos and shits on the groups they despise.

Trustee Sam posted a snarky Tweet about Day Of Pink. I would look it up, but he blocked me.
You're not missing much. From what I can figure from his ravings, his objection to Day of Pink revolves around the word homophobe. Bullies who pick on gay people are called homophobes. Phobias are a mental illness, so why are we stigmatizing and politicizing mental illness. Or something like that. And the best response to a bully is saying 'sticks and stones etc etc.'

Edited because homophone and homophobe are two very different things.

And he really does seem like a "Doug Sr. hire" type, i.e. a grown man hired by a grown man. That the Ford boys wound up in charge of him was an "inherited condition"; but in and of themselves, they woudn't know how to seek or score someone like that in a lifetime...

Actually, the article says Rob and Doug hired him to oversee sales for Deco when they began camping for mayor/councillor in 2010. He was there for about a year and left due to health issues and because it sounds like Randy was an ass.

You're not missing much. From what I can figure from his ravings, his objection to Day of Pink revolves around the word homophobe. Bullies who pick on gay people are called homophobes. Phobias are a mental illness, so why are we stigmatizing and politicizing mental illness. Or something like that. And the best response to a bully is saying 'sticks and stones etc etc.'

Edited because homophone and homophobe are two very different things.

Xenophobia isn't really a mental illness either, except in possibly some very extreme cases, and neither is claustrophobia when used to describe a mildly unpleasant but ultimately temporary sense of crowding. I'm sure he's not objecting to those usages though - he's trying to portray his bigotry as being healthy or natural.

Xenophobia isn't really a mental illness either, except in possibly some very extreme cases, and neither is claustrophobia when used to describe a mildly unpleasant but ultimately temporary sense of crowding. I'm sure he's not objecting to those usages though - he's trying to portray his bigotry as being healthy or natural.

Sam's a piece of work, lemmetellya. When he was running for Trustee, the guy went on a late night attack on me once on twitter when I responded to some tripe he'd posted about how we're poisoning ourselves with a "neurotoxin" in our water (Fluoride). Yeah, he's that kinda nutbag. He completely discredited himself by saying it's why people in Greece live longer (they don't, according to the WHO; they live .1 years *less* on average than Canadians). By the next morning, he'd deleted his crazy screed and blocked me. He's half con-man, half napoleon complex. He basically chooses a job, tries to make everyone believe he's awesome at it, and then completely abandons it when it's found out he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Prior to trustee, Sam thought he was an IT guy, or at least that's what he told people. Yet, a google search really garners nothing that's not a reference of his own. Seriously, he claimed he was the founder of an IT company, yet I can't find a scrap. Not a company name, nothing. He apparently taught after-school computer programs for the TDSB as well. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing. It's more likely he was the person paid to mind a library's computer lab after hours and did a little creative inflation with his title.

Prior to that, he thought he was "The Greek Gourmand", pretending to be a food blogger:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYEb5vur0tPRfS9pHIM9WPA

I've heard through the grapevine that prior to that he ran a greek restaurant into the ground.

He's got some kind of major chip on his shoulder, yet writes diatribes on psychology as though his mind is as pure as glacier water. There is something severely wrong with him.

Last edited:
He's got some kind of major chip on his shoulder, yet writes diatribes on psychology as though his mind is as pure as glacier water. There is something severely wrong with him.

Well, he can't even get his campaign finances in order enough to avoid getting banned from running in municipal elections. Tells you all you needed to know.

AoD

I present to you, Sam Sotiropoulos

The guy who wrote this today:

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 3.53.41 PM.png

Is the same guy who wrote this in August:

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 3.52.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 3.53.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 3.53.41 PM.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 3.52.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 3.52.57 PM.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 463
Not really, it's probably cheaper than crack.

AoD

Crack is probably the cheapest drug out there. For the price of an average single Leafs ticket, Robbie could have bought like 75 crack rocks...

Sam's a piece of work, lemmetellya. When he was running for Trustee, the guy went on a late night attack on me once on twitter when I responded to some tripe he'd posted about how we're poisoning ourselves with a "neurotoxin" in our water (Fluoride). Yeah, he's that kinda nutbag. He completely discredited himself by saying it's why people in Greece live longer (they don't, according to the WHO; they live .1 years *less* on average than Canadians). By the next morning, he'd deleted his crazy screed and blocked me. He's half con-man, half napoleon complex. He basically chooses a job, tries to make everyone believe he's awesome at it, and then completely abandons it when it's found out he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Prior to trustee, Sam thought he was an IT guy, or at least that's what he told people. Yet, a google search really garners nothing that's not a reference of his own. Seriously, he claimed he was the founder of an IT company, yet I can't find a scrap. Not a company name, nothing. He apparently taught after-school computer programs for the TDSB as well. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing. It's more likely he was the person paid to mind a library's computer lab after hours and did a little creative inflation with his title.

Prior to that, he thought he was "The Greek Gourmand", pretending to be a food blogger:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYEb5vur0tPRfS9pHIM9WPA

I've heard through the grapevine that prior to that he ran a greek restaurant into the ground.

Ahaha, that headscarf.

If the absence of fluoride had any kind of effect on longevity in Greece, it would sure be outweighed by high rates of smoking, road traffic deaths, etc.

He also has a big 'Greek superiority complex'.

Dirty Trick Playbook - Provincial Style:

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...leadership-rival-of-harassing-supporters.html

The calls appear to have targeted Brown backers with “non-English names,†Mark Towhey, executive director of the Brown campaign, said Tuesday.

Brown’s campaign, which has made a point of courting new Canadians as PC members, has lodged a complaint with the party and is considering one to the Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission.

“There are well over two dozen calls that I have examples of,†Towhey added, noting they started late last week within a couple days of PC officials releasing party membership lists with phone numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back