News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
But remember, Robbie didn't need to read the councillors' Code of Conduct pamphlet... he already knows all that stuff, since he's the scion of a political dynasty.... i.e., his daddy was a one-term backbencher who wasn't allowed by the PCs to run again for the nomination.

With echoes of Mayor Melonville "selling fridges to Eskimos, that ad simply says: Mayor Bad Boy.

It's an ad for himself.

Rob never did read any rules.

Nor do his "professional" staff.

The Code of Conduct prohibits the use of City resources for anything other than City business, and particularly for campaigning. Constituent newsletters are produced using City resources. Advertising the fundraiser ("Evening of fun") at Mom's (which is a campaign event) in his newsletter was a violation of the Code too.

Favourite Fun Fact (FFF) from @goldsbie (He took the trouble of counting): 50% of the examples of Code violations set out in the annotated version of the Code of Conduct are cases involving Ford.

Last edited:
Prior to trustee, Sam thought he was an IT guy, or at least that's what he told people. Yet, a google search really garners nothing that's not a reference of his own. Seriously, he claimed he was the founder of an IT company, yet I can't find a scrap. Not a company name, nothing. He apparently taught after-school computer programs for the TDSB as well. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing. It's more likely he was the person paid to mind a library's computer lab after hours and did a little creative inflation with his title.

His ZoomInfo profile makes reference to a podcast called Voice of Greece that he appears to (have) run - it seems to have only one episode online.

Does this guy sound pompous enough to be Trustee Sam the IT Guy?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ddwg/2006May/0015.html

voiceofgreece.com, greekgourmand.com and sotiropoulos.com are all registered either to a Sotiris or a Sam Sotiropoulos, with an address near Pape & O'Connor ... whose registered owners are two people named Sotiropoulos but not with an initial S. His parents' place?

Favourite Fun Fact (FFF) from @goldsbie (He took the trouble of counting): 50% of the examples of Code violations set out in the annotated version of the Code of Conduct are cases involving Ford.

Unbelievable. <jaw clatters 2 floor >

When did Canada start having "states" along with provinces? Doug thinks we do.

So, Rob already has four staffers in his office. Shouldn't that be enough to fill the void? Doug can just stay away from City Hall and pretend to care about the community. Graeme technically handles "constituent" issues.

Last edited:
But remember, Robbie didn't need to read the councillors' Code of Conduct pamphlet... he already knows all that stuff, since he's the scion of a political dynasty.... i.e., his daddy was a one-term backbencher who wasn't allowed by the PCs to run again for the nomination.

Wasn't it more like: he was blocked running for the Etobicoke North nomination vs John Hastings, so he ran for Etobicoke Centre vs Chris Stockwell (and lost), instead?

Incidentally, re Trustee Sam and TDSB: *I* took an after-school computer thing via TDSB back in '97, so such things exist (or existed).

It's 2015. Get the App.

Spot the Pothole - "spothole"
http://www.spotholechicago.com/content/learn

As Chicago demonstrates here, some urban constituent services can be semi automated. Maybe one day your app will dispatch robots to come fill the potholes as well.

I wonder if Doug noticed this idea when in Chicago, being that pothole reportage is a core Ford service offering?

Wasn't it more like: he was blocked running for the Etobicoke North nomination vs John Hastings, so he ran for Etobicoke Centre vs Chris Stockwell (and lost), instead?

Incidentally, re Trustee Sam and TDSB: *I* took an after-school computer thing via TDSB back in '97, so such things exist (or existed).

Via Wikipedia:

In 1996, the Harris government reduced the number of provincial ridings from 130 to 103, a change which forced some sitting MPPs from the same party to fight one another for re-nomination. Ford challenged Chris Stockwell for the Progressive Conservative nomination in the newly created riding of Etobicoke Centre. Despite support from Jim Flaherty and others in cabinet, he was defeated.[10]

Adma is right...
Etobicoke North was not a safe PC riding in '99 and Hastings was the best bet to hold it. Is Sr ran in that riding the PC's would have lost it probably returning to it the NDP .
Etobicoke Centre was a cabinet minister (Stockwell) vs a backbencher Sr. the outcome was a foregone conclusion....

Adma is right...
Etobicoke North was not a safe PC riding in '99 and Hastings was the best bet to hold it. Is Sr ran in that riding the PC's would have lost it probably returning to it the NDP .
Etobicoke Centre was a cabinet minister (Stockwell) vs a backbencher Sr. the outcome was a foregone conclusion....

Sadly, it seems the Fords had the last laugh, with last minute candidate and family trained monkey Mikey defeating the incumbent Hastings in the end. You really can't make this shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back