8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I summarize?

Anyone who does not agree with my opinion(s) must be either ignorant of the facts or close minded.

Unless you are talking about an opinion such as someone liking Ford because he has kept x,y and z promises when in fact he has done the complete opposite of such promises. As Ford has done on countless occasions.

Its none of anyones business when, where, and with who he takes his vacation, and anyways who the hell cares.
:D,,,,,Hahaha, thank god he is not going to Vegas once every 3 months, they would be calling him a mobster in cahoots with organized crime

Mayor Rob Ford is headed for Disney World on his second Florida vacation in less than three months.

On Dec. 10, reporters covering city hall learned from Twitter users that Ford was at Pearson airport embarking on a pre-Christmas trip. He reportedly spent 10 days, on his own, at the Ford family condominium in Hallandale Beach, Fla

Last edited:
I agree with AG that's it's nobody's business where he takes vacation. I also think it's nobody's business with whom he takes vacation as long as he complies with lobbyist and conflict of interest rules and isn't associating with criminals. As for "when" he takes vacation, I don't really care except he seems to take a lot of it. Being mayor seems like it should require more work than a regular job, but Ford seems to work waaaaaaaay less. Why is that acceptable to his supporters?

I still remember when Miller skipped out on the funeral for TFS Chief Bob Leek after the gas plant explosion so he could go on vacation. I imagine even Ford's supporters wouldn't be pleased if he'd done same.

Being mayor seems like it should require more work than a regular job, but Ford seems to work waaaaaaaay less. Why is that acceptable to his supporters?

How quickly people tend to forget........Football and all, Mayor Rob Ford’s attendance better than late-term David Miller’s

Mayor Rob Ford's football-related absences make headlines, but he has a better council attendance record than Miller and 21 current councillors
Mayor Rob Ford has a better council attendance record than 21 current councillors and than former mayor David Miller did during the last two years of his tenure.

Ford, who drew widespread criticism for skipping more than two hours of last week’s three-day meeting to coach high school football, has missed 494 of the 3,334 council votes since December 2010, an absenteeism percentage of 14.8 per cent. He has been absent less frequently than 21 councillors, more frequently than 23.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...dance_better_than_lateterm_david_millers.html

How quickly people tend to forget........Football and all, Mayor Rob Ford’s attendance better than late-term David Miller’s

Mayor Rob Ford's football-related absences make headlines, but he has a better council attendance record than Miller and 21 current councillors
Mayor Rob Ford has a better council attendance record than 21 current councillors and than former mayor David Miller did during the last two years of his tenure.

Ford, who drew widespread criticism for skipping more than two hours of last week’s three-day meeting to coach high school football, has missed 494 of the 3,334 council votes since December 2010, an absenteeism percentage of 14.8 per cent. He has been absent less frequently than 21 councillors, more frequently than 23.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...dance_better_than_lateterm_david_millers.html

Bold makes it truer!

I was never a particular fan of David Miller (check the old garbage strike thread), but I do get the impression he was away a lot meeting with other mayors at conferences and the like. The utility of doing this is debatable, for sure, but at least it can be argued that it's mayor's work. Not so much with the football and the multiple vacations within a few weeks when no other work seems to be getting done from the mayor's office.

I can't remember the last time I heard about the mayor's office working on or toward something (and I read the Sun often enough that I would think that I would if it were happening). The last thing I can remember was when he voted against his own budget.

What is on his agenda other than waiting to campaign next year? All those who think he's doing a "great job", please tell me what job he's doing, I just don't see it.

What is on his agenda other than waiting to campaign next year? All those who think he's doing a "great job", please tell me what job he's doing, I just don't see it.

I agree, showing up for votes is the easy part, having a clue about how to get things done and then getting them done is not.

As someone that doesn't believe Ford is qualified enough to run a city like Toronto, I think it's getting pretty petty when the discussion amounts to when the guy skips town to go on vacation.

Like really???

Maybe if the anti-Ford crowd saved their bullets for meaningful critique instead of continuously crying fowl, it may actually resonate with the public more.

Oh, please. Ford has spent the whole of the last 10 years bitching about the little things. Shoe, meet other foot.

^You don't think it is legitimate to criticize Ford's apparent lack of dedication to his job? How is that not meaningful?

Also, re: "crying fowl", I can't resist:

wmm7u1.jpg

Attachments

• wmm7u1.jpg
    wmm7u1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,154
I dislike Ford as much as anyone else, but the fact that the guy can't even go to Disney World with his family without extensive public scrutiny is a bit shameful.....he may be a polarizing public figure, but relax and let the man take his kids to Disney World for christ's sake.

Actually, back to this (kinda)

You should add Rob Ford to the list of people who have threatened Rob's Ford's life: quantity/quality of food ingested, quantity of alcohol ingested, driving under the influence...I would be surprised if that's the extent of it, too.

But back to your point, yes he's a scumbag hypocrite, and scumbag hypocrites probably need to watch their backs more than the average person when things go bad. I, personally, would prefer a return to the rule of law (at the very least) and an enhanced use of rationality among the electorate (when I'm being optimistic).

One other thought I've had re things potentially going bad...how's Deco *really* doing these days?

I had that thought when the Fords started crying poor over lawyer's fees; yeah, maybe shaking it out of Magder and C-F is typical "gimme your lunch money" tactics, but still, up to now the Ford clan has been popularly presented (and self-promoted) as, well...loaded. A self-made business clan, Deco's doing terrifically, branch plants all over, family spreads all over, they can afford to put on those honking big Ford Fests, etc etc, like there's no end to what they've got...

...and yet, and yet. It really *is* "daddy's company", after all. I don't know if there's subtexts of operational violations or whatnot; but...there's something about the Junior Fords' bully-boy bravado that seems to be...covering something up, perhaps? Like as I see it, the true sign of endurable success is in being measured, not in being ostentatiously boastful. It ain't the meat, it's the motion, y'know--and the Ford boys, unfortunately, are meatheads.

I wouldn't be surprised if "sturdy as she goes" Deco winds up (surprise!) going under or bought out or in some form of bankruptcy protection; that is, the Ford kids being like the Eaton kids in ham-handedly running the family business into the ground. (Also jibes with the brass-touch subtext to boondoggles like Woodbine Live!, etc). I'm not saying it *will* happen; but, forewarned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back