News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Toronto Mayor Rob Ford to launch a clothing line with Snoop Dogg?

Ok, the former Toronto mayor isn’t actually launching his own clothing line (we don’t think), but he suggested in a tweet that he would like to. And who would be his partner in crime? None other than rapper Snoop Dogg.

http://national.suntimes.com/us-new...rob-ford-launch-clothing-line-with-snoop-dogg

CHUq7IyWsAAzOIQ.png

https://twitter.com/TorontoRobFord/status/609440520595730432/photo/1

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/06/12/rob-ford-snoop-dogg-twitter-ceo_n_7572854.html

Attachments

• CHUq7IyWsAAzOIQ.png
    CHUq7IyWsAAzOIQ.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Aside from the glaringly horrible layout and obvious trimming issue…

You own a printing company, and can print business cards (which are relatively cheap, print-wise); No bleed, two colours, one sided. The only way you can get them cheaper is by dropping a colour. And yet, they're printing cards without any contact info so that they can use *stickers* (silver at that) for that information? Geez. Even if the point is to have the contact info removable for the client, why not print the whole card as a die-cut sticker? The President of the company doesn't apparently deserve his own card? It's so mickey mouse that I'm surprised they've ever effectively courted large companies. It rings of rinky-dink mom n' pop printing shops I dealt with in the 90s.

It's like they're ignorant about printing, AND are the cheapest bastiches on the planet.

OMG for someone who is supposed to be "good at sales" this is #1 phô pah like u can't bee-leave. All Deco business cards are an advertisement for the company's work. This card says it all: The words are "Absolute crap."

Yes that is a crop mark on the left. The cut on the right is miles off. The sticker on the card "concept" shows the kind of thinking that would make many customers run in the opposite direction. Cheap and nasty, both in concept and execution. It's not even competent.

With evidence like that, how is Deco *not* in trouble?

OMG for someone who is supposed to be "good at sales" this is #1 phô pah like u can't bee-leave. All Deco business cards are an advertisement for the company's work. This card says it all: The words are "Absolute crap."

Yes that is a crop mark on the left. The cut on the right is miles off. The sticker on the card "concept" shows the kind of thinking that would make many customers run in the opposite direction. Cheap and nasty, both in concept and execution. It's not even competent.

With evidence like that, how is Deco *not* in trouble?

Ted Herriott must be turning in his freshly dug grave. (That is, if he still cared.)

Of course, if this card went viral, the classic Ford response would be a de facto "anything else?". Even when it's as plain as the nose on one's face, they. do. not. betray. weakness. About the only way to break cover at this point would be if the police made another raid on Deco and Randy *didn't* make his getaway...

speaking of randy... here's something i found recently...

name change.JPG
name header.JPG
named added ford.JPG

add that to...
Randy's ex: Lisa Dolson, age 48 - "A former hairstylist who dated Randy for 11 years. They were engaged but never married. Two weeks before the birth of their son they split, and Lisa left the city.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=878437#post878437

and...
lizangel.JPG

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=936202#post936202

(aside... how does one post as a guest on here?)

so i guess randy finally thinks jonathan is his. wonder what changed?

Attachments

• name change.JPG
    name change.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 852
  • name header.JPG
    name header.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 863
  • named added ford.JPG
    named added ford.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 877
  • lizangel.JPG
    lizangel.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:

Well, somebody needs to be school trustee after Mikey takes Ward 2.

This is why I don't buy the legend of 'Deco, the hugely successful label company'. If they can't be bothered to do half-decent business cards for themselves, what kind of major clients are they attracting and retaining?

I see the sticker as the result of a change of address, but still, why not just print new, more professional-looking cards?
There's no change of address, DECO has been at that address for at least 4 years. You can go to the address (well, to the freeway near it) on Google StreetView and look right at the building and it has a DECO logo on it, and there's a StreetView shot of it from Sep 2011 (there's one from 2008 too but I find it too blurry).

If he ran out of his own business cards he'd still need to have that sticker made up and printed to put over top of other business cards, which takes time. Why not just print more "Doug Ford" business cards? It makes no sense.

speaking of randy... here's something i found recently...

View attachment 48398 View attachment 48399 View attachment 48400

add that to...

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=878437#post878437

so i guess randy finally thinks jonathan is his. wonder what changed?

Maybe the daughter had "Ford" on her birth certificate, since it was happier times; but as noted, by the time the son was born, they were already on the outs. The mother may have decided not to put "Ford" on the birth certificate. Of course Randy can't use that as an excuse not to pay child support, but as part of the couples' legal wranglings, maybe he insisted that his name be included in the boy's name. A lot of what goes on between couples in divorce and child support/custody cases happens because the couples are using the courts to take potshots at one another. He may have demanded the name change just out of spite.

If he ran out of his own business cards he'd still need to have that sticker made up and printed to put over top of other business cards, which takes time. Why not just print more "Doug Ford" business cards? It makes no sense.

Maybe because it's a label, and labels are Deco's specialty. Self-promotion, you see ;-)

Oh, and among all the aesthetic gaffes, there's also the current Deco-logo incarnation with the silly "& Tags" add-on, which they seem to be using in all their promos these days

decolabels.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back