News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, has Rob been a bit camera-shy these past few days? I can't seem to find a single shot of him running alongside Marilyn Bell on her leg of the Pan-Am torch relay (because: family tradition :rolleyes:)
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/1...-to-be-thrust-into-spotlight-as-young-athlete

All kidding aside, that's a fair point: There's been speculation as to how well/badly Slob's doing post-surgery - and it's not like we can automatically believe anything coming from the Fords themselves, obviously - but if he's not using the opportunity provided by the Pan Am Games to barrel his way in front of every tv camera in sight, then he can't be in very good shape right now.

Ford Fest is listed by name in Doug Ford's campaign documents as a Fundraising Event or Activity (it cost $32,321.23 and raised $26,459.00).

So if last year Ford Fest was officially recognized as a campaign event, how can it be something different this year?

And campaigning outside of the official campaign period is seriously illegal, right?

Ford Fest is listed by name in Doug Ford's campaign documents as a Fundraising Event or Activity (it cost $32,321.23 and raised $26,459.00).

So if last year Ford Fest was officially recognized as a campaign event, how can it be something different this year?

And campaigning outside of the official campaign period is seriously illegal, right?

I have to go to one one day! Last year's was jokes with Robbie waiting in that tent to receive his followers. Straight up Gaddafi styles!

x20081103-1_kaddafi.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PpSryBIzca.jpg

In an election year it is an organized campaign event called Ford Fest with free food, bands, beer donated by a local club, strict financing limits and reporting requirements. In an off year it is a simple family get together called Ford Fest with free food, bands, beer donated by a local club and anyone is welcome to drop by. How is it so hard for you to see that those are completely different?

Ford Fest is whatever the Ford Family decides it will be at any given point in time. Isn't that how the world works?

Technically though, they would be campaigning, since Rob says he is running in 2018. It would just be more informal.

I had a bizarre dream about Ford last night. For some reason I sat down next to him at something like a school lunch table and he told me, "Don't worry, buddy. I forgive you." lol

Clinging to former glory...

"Robbie Bobbies" For All!

Just ask Mammolitti; seriously, Robbie never stops camping so Ford Festers will always be counted as political rallies.

Unfortunately the type whom would cast their vote for The Donald or his ilk are not that bright (in may experience) and it may not work as intended.

Last edited:
I had a bizarre dream about Ford last night. For some reason I sat down next to him at something like a school lunch table and he told me, "Don't worry, buddy. I forgive you." lol

Jesus Christ.

I feel ya man. I'm tired of this too.

I'm guessing that "Ford Island" will not be on any long or short list of possible names for the new island at the mouth of the Don River.

The difference between the two is that the ex-mayor isn't close to being as smart as Trump is. Ford never got a degree or diploma, while Trump got top marks at a business school. Both know how to play the media though.

Smart is debatable. Four bankruptcies isn't exactly "smart" or prove one a good businessman. He inherited a company from his dad, expanded it impressively to a peak, then has been riding it down in a fiery mess (sound familiar?).

As someone who's proctored MBA entrance exams in the past, I can tell you plenty of dumb people get into—and succeed in—business school.

I'm guessing that "Ford Island" will not be on any long or short list of possible names for the new island at the mouth of the Don River.
I think we came perilously close to having Ford square at the air canada centre based on car co. $$$. I wouldn't mind a posthumously named rob ford addiction treatment centre. Thats the only publicly named buildings upon which they should bestow le nom de ford. Is this thread now totally searchable like historically? Was some poster writing a book? Any action on that? Need a first reader?

"Ford Island" would sound more appropriate if it were some kind of Alcatraz or Rikers affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back