News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess this will be on krista's wedding cake?

krista & hubby.PNG

https://instagram.com/p/5o0P8bwdTk/

Attachments

• krista & hubby.PNG
    krista & hubby.PNG
    985.2 KB · Views: 775
I saw that he said he had to be restrained while working at City Hall. He looks more like an idiot now that he is flipping out. I guess he doesn't realize the internet is forever.

When I first read this, I thought "restrained" meant "by City staff" or "by security". Given that it's Graeme, who knows...

why do i feel like i'm only learning of this now? i guess i missed it at the time. sorry to those that knew, but in case others missed it too...

Rob Ford shocked to hear accused terrorist said he would be easy to assassinate
Etobicoke North Councillor Rob Ford says he was shocked to learn that a man accused of terrorism may have told an undercover FBI agent that it would be easy to assassinate Ford when he was Mayor of Toronto.

The revelation came out during the trial of Raed Jaser on multiple terror-related charges related to a plot to target a VIA Rail train travelling between New York and Toronto.
[...]
Ford, speaking with reporters at Toronto City Hall on Wednesday, Feb. 4, said that was news to him.

“The first thing that jumped to my mind was that it went as far as the FBI and nobody even told me,” he said.

“That’s what bothered me the most. The only other threats that have come in were on the phone, police tracked them down and thankfully they weren’t real. This was serious. These are the type of people you don’t mess with.”

Ford said he didn’t know why alleged terrorists would go after him — pointing out that for a time during his childhood, his parents “adopted” a Moroccan child.

“It bothers me, it really shocks me. I support every race and religion. My dad adopted a little boy in 1982 from Morocco. The Muslim religion — I support them, but the extremists from every race and religion, I don’t support,” said Ford.

Ford said that the alleged would-be assassin’s plan might not have worked.

“They said because I take the subway a lot I would be an easy target on the subway,” said Ford. “I love subways but I think they got that part wrong.”

Ford rarely takes public transit, preferring to drive to and from appointments in his SUV.

http://www.insidebrockville.com/new...rrorist-said-he-would-be-easy-to-assassinate/

hmmm... not sure why this didn't hit me before (or maybe i forgot this), but... 'adopted' a moroccan brother in the 80s... dougie sold has in the 80s...
Morocco is said to produce nearly half of the world's hashish, and it's estimated that around 800,000 Moroccans work in the industry—
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/i-went-on-a-hash-making-holiday-in-northern-morocco

hmmm... why would doug sr be in morocco and return with a person he moves into his house?

and what do you think his name actually is?
Doug Sr. led by example. His son says he returned in 1982 from a solo trip to Morocco with a "Muslim boy" and announced to his startled family that 19-year-old Mohssine Hanafi was now their new brother.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/michele_mandel/2010/04/17/13626296.html

Among the guests was Mohsine, an immigrant from Morocco who met Doug Ford Sr. in Tangier and moved to Canada in the 1980s. He spent four years living with the Fords, learning English and hanging out with the Ford brothers. Doug Ford said he had been like “a brother.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...ty-invitation-and-one-of-them-was-his-brother

A Moroccan man named Marhafi joins the show, and it turns out the Ford household gave him a place to stay when Rob and Doug were teenagers. Rob shows off how he can “speak Arabic,” which turns out to be a couple of words that he says loudly.
http://torontoist.com/2013/03/the-rob-and-doug-ford-radio-recap/

Last edited:
Rob Ford ‏@TorontoRobFord 1 hour ago
@dannyfitz93 has your power been restored?
2 retweets 0 favorites

DF ‏@dannyfitz93 23 minutes ago
@TorontoRobFord yea brother, thanks! Come for beers with the boys sometime?
10:41 PM - 28 Jul 2015 · Details

Im rarely out of Muskoka during the summer months, and its rarer still for me to be in Etobicoke but Monday night I went to the Black lives Matter Rally and then drove some people home to Etobicoke afterward. It was so eerie as the power was out for block after block.I drove from lake shore and browns line back into the city via lake shore/ queensway and did not see one cop. I saw a few establishments I recall from UT and I wondered how close I was to any Fords. Robs tweet for power strikes me as an odd bit of synchronicity.

Im rarely out of Muskoka during the summer months, and its rarer still for me to be in Etobicoke but Monday night I went to the Black lives Matter Rally and then drove some people home to Etobicoke afterward. It was so eerie as the power was out for block after block.I drove from lake shore and browns line back into the city via lake shore/ queensway and did not see one cop. I saw a few establishments I recall from UT and I wondered how close I was to any Fords. Robs tweet for power strikes me as an odd bit of synchronicity.
Curious - what was the rally like? Were there a lot of allies there?

Curious - what was the rally like? Were there a lot of allies there?

It was super organized, well attended and powerful. We rallied near the home of Andrew Loku near Caledonia ..I thought we were walking to thirteen division when the marshalls led us across the street I thought we were u turning. But we headed onto the Allen. The ally attendance was strong. Made me feel like a kid again. Sorry(not sorry) if you got stuck in it. Funny how todays' Sun has leaks on one of the main victims. Not about the tampered evidence or the trigger happy cops'name. Just the tox screen on the victim. Hey McLuhan yer right. The medium is as crap as its' message.

It was super organized, well attended and powerful. We rallied near the home of Andrew Loku near Caledonia ..I thought we were walking to thirteen division when the marshalls led us across the street I thought we were u turning. But we headed onto the Allen. The ally attendance was strong. Made me feel like a kid again. Sorry(not sorry) if you got stuck in it. Funny how todays' Sun has leaks on one of the main victims. Not about the tampered evidence or the trigger happy cops'name. Just the tox screen on the victim. Hey McLuhan yer right. The medium is as crap as its' message.

Good on you! I saw the write up in the Star and was sickened by most of the comments. It was like Blacks engaged in the War on the Car, as if blocking traffic is worse than cops shooting 2 black men, and projecting Ferguson-style riots will be next.

Good on you! I saw the write up in the Star and was sickened by most of the comments. It was like Blacks engaged in the War on the Car, as if blocking traffic is worse than cops shooting 2 black men, and projecting Ferguson-style riots will be next.

It's not the best way to win people over. Traffic in this city is brutal to begin with!

Do you think cops shooting unarmed blacks is nearly as big an issue here as it is in the US? I haven't looked at the numbers.
I do not think the issue is the same as in the U.S. (my mother is from Oklahoma a particularly racist and segregated state) As our black population are mostly immigrants the shadow of slave history does not factor in as heavily here as it does in the south .
The inability of some police to tailor the response to the situation is sickening. Andrew Loku was holding a hammer. The very worst thing that should have happened was his hand getting shot. He lived in community housing for mental illness survivors so the police knew there could be a distraught person having an episode. The other victim(allegedly) had a serrated kitchen knife which he was still holding after being shot 5-6 times. Is that even possible?
The cover ups insult our intelligence.

Those police are counting on us to be passive. They think these people are disposable and they wont be held to account. I want body cameras on every interaction. I want police who lie for their friends to be jailed. When people die at the hands of police I want names and I want to know they
haven't just gone one town over and gotten a new job. I also want the good police to get the support they need to do a good job. Police see alot of horror and get PTSD .psyc evaluations at regular intervals may keep a mentally stressed officer from becoming a state assasin. The system is broken. And side note to Riff Raff If there is no transparency on these murders a Ferguson is not out of the question . The best thing about the rally on Monday was the people who came out from thier stores and homes to give support and encouragement. I got misty a few times in wonder at the human solidarity on display.
Do you think cops shooting unarmed blacks is nearly as big an issue here as it is in the US? I haven't looked at the numbers.

The best thing about the rally on Monday was the people who came out from thier stores and homes to give support and encouragement. I got misty a few times in wonder at the human solidarity on display.

Was it mostly it mostly black citizens in attendance, or a mix? There are a lot of non-black Canadians who are sympathetic to the cause but not sure how to engage, or even if in-person support would be welcome.

There were probably as many allies as POC. There are a few hints at being a good ally. There are often "ally instructions" like let the group you are standing with take the lead. Ask how to help, do not speak to the media. It dilutes the message. The posters for this event asked allies to bring TTC tokens food and water. If you do go to one,realize you may hear some uncomfortable thoughts on whites. It isnt about us and our feelings. Im just learning how deep this privelege thing runs. There is an event planned for Aug 29 to stand with 22 families who have lost someone to police brutality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back