News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least that guy copped to it pretty quickly. There was no 'video that I have not seen or does not exist'.

i wanna know if that paper paid for the video, and if so, how much? what were the negotiations like? etc. (i.e. i wanna know what they did differently to allow the video to be released.)

ford lot.PNG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1040626619653932301_190319720

Attachments

• ford lot.PNG
    ford lot.PNG
    499.5 KB · Views: 608
JWBF, post: 1025285, member: 6932"]I was looking exclusively at the "mental" and drug use aspects, we have already looked at the fallacy of "white privilege". I'm sure if Robbie posed a potentially lethal threat to a panicky cop then he would be put down.[/QUOTE
Most of your posts give the impression that you are a stand up guy but occasionally I wonder if English is your first language. I say this because "We have already looked at the fallacy of white priveledge" sends the message that you think white priveledge is made up . If you believe that you are entitled to your belief (it's wrong ) but it doesn't jibe with whatever else you seem to feel about it. Just checking to be clear. I was thinking maybe Dutch?
There are privileged white people, there are whites who struggle. There are MANY privileged Asian people. The wealthiest, most spoiled and privileged person I know is black. Can you imagine people just casually throwing around some phrase that insulted everyone with black skin? Blacks and the left would be outraged. Such childish b.s.

There are privileged white people, there are whites who struggle. There are MANY privileged Asian people. The wealthiest, most spoiled and privileged person I know is black. Can you imagine people just casually throwing around some phrase that insulted everyone with black skin? Blacks and the left would be outraged. Such childish b.s.

The only "childish b.s." I see is your stubborn insistence on tirelessly railing against a wholly incorrect definition of white privilege. You keep getting upset about black people who talk about white privilege yet refuse to engage with the actual definition of the term they are using, even after it's been explained to you (since this is not the first time).

To be clear, white privilege is not the privilege to be rich and spoiled. It's the privilege of being free from systemic racism. That's it.

So now that you know what it actually means (and can't continue to pretend you don't), how exactly is everyone with white skin being insulted? What exactly is insulting about a term that identifies the opposite experience of racism??

Jimmi, look at it this way. I'm white, from a working class background. I have privilege, even over a rich Black person. If both of us were driving around in a fancy car, which one of us do you think the police would be more likely to stop, even though such a car is outside of my pay scale?

I mean in terms of how the event itself was handled. In the past, the media wanted a scrum from Ford, even if he wasn't relevant to the story. CBC also mentioned the statement in their article.

Last edited:
"I'm the most racist person ..and I'm the mayor of Toronto" - I'm paraphrasing from memory, and I think that was in Hizzoner's Steak Queen rant. For me this may be RoFo's Legacy. I've lived in this city for over 6 decades and I can remember when the n-word was a common epithet. And I can remember how that word started fading from common usage in the city, though I don't know about in Etobicoke. I encountered it at a workplace in Scarbo in the 1990s and I was the only one who was shocked. It was a black woman who approached me to say , basically, "ignore the idiots". It was the black community members who were willing to let it go. If some of them, or all of them, or even none of them are no longer willing to let it go it doesn't absolve members of the white community who are offended by it from a duty to call out members of our own community on racism, first and foremost our "leaders",.

My parents were ethnically German Jugoslavs who arrived here as DPs after WWII, and some of my relatives never gave up their fondness for Uncle Adolf. I never heard any of them say "ignore the idiots" .

I'm also the mother of a bi-racial son, and he's now a resident of a city that is 50% non-white. I don't have a lot of white female privilege, but if someone wants to call me out on it I'm willing to engage with them.

An adult conversation is what we desperately need, and if that makes some of us uncomfortable, so be it. But I think we need to be willing to call it out when we see it or I fear for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back