News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the "***** *****", etc. swearing words or top secret need to knows?

My guess is it's A LOT of swears to describe some things that are beyond the pale for Maclean's, at least for that volume of quotes.

As much as I despise Towhey (be sure to read the Q&A for the full 'Yes, he was a horrible person behaving horribly, but I was just trying to help him be the BEST MAYOR EVER!'), I think I need to find a way to read that book to see just how awful things are behind the asterisks, especially the really long words (?!).

The fact Ford thought of calling anyone at 3 am to validate his awfulness and bullshit ... the manipulation of his daughter ... brrr.

Especially when Harper is in full-blown family values mode tonite. Unless he decides to go all in--"Hear no monkey, see no monkey."

KatieSimpsonCTV8:40pm via Twitter for iPhone
Harper gets big cheers from crowd saying Canada cannot legalize marijuana. Says Conservatives will not legalize prostitution.

Canada had legal marijuana (as in no laws against it) until someone decided we needed to outlaw it because of race-based moral panic. Which is totally alien to the CPC, right?

Also, prostitution is technically legal, as is solicitation. It's 'communicating for the purposes of prostitution' that's not legal - a weaselly way of trying to make it illegal that just makes it more underground and less safe.

is that the same guy as the guy to rob's right in this photo, but in a different jacket?

robbie jays.JPG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1095891107125784886_389828963

Attachments

• robbie jays.JPG
    robbie jays.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 457
My guess is it's A LOT of swears to describe some things that are beyond the pale for Maclean's, at least for that volume of quotes.

As much as I despise Towhey (be sure to read the Q&A for the full 'Yes, he was a horrible person behaving horribly, but I was just trying to help him be the BEST MAYOR EVER!'), I think I need to find a way to read that book to see just how awful things are behind the asterisks, especially the really long words (?!).

The fact Ford thought of calling anyone at 3 am to validate his awfulness and bullshit ... the manipulation of his daughter ... brrr.
i hate how he's giving rob 'an out' as well... maybe he was just lying about **** to upset renata. yeah... and maybe it's true.

but man i wish i knew what the **** were!! why all that money in the couch? he caught who on video? he sold what? cousins willy and dougie? transvestite mikey?

Last edited:
It should be a bestseller, so what's the real reason the publishers have sat on it this long?

And Towhey's understanding of what's "legal" and what's not is interesting. Illegal guns? Drunk driving? A Mayor out of his mind on, and in possession of hard drugs threatening his wife?

Ford Family Values.
good question... why did they wait? i hope it wasn't waiting for cancer remission.

and exactly. he didn't think to get someone over to the ford's to prevent some possible violence. only calling the cops after someone's already being beaten could mean they get there too late.

who is the night shift?
Q: What was the “Night Shift,” and how did it affect your job?

A: That’s what we began calling an ethereal group of people whose names we didn’t know, but who clearly had influence with Rob and [his brother] Doug during the campaign. We’d sit at headquarters with Rob and Doug, and come up with the plan for the next day, or the next couple of weeks. Everything would be set. Then we’d come in the next morning, and Rob and Doug had been on the phone with God knows who. The plan had changed completely. These were people who were not on the campaign team, but the brothers would come in, ready to put their ideas into action. In many cases, they were good ideas we had already considered and discounted because they weren’t workable. Others were complete hare-brained schemes. We were just, like, “No, this is stupid.”

Q: Was the Night Shift ever more than a nuisance to you?
A: It was particularly problematic when a plan to fund a new phase of the Sheppard subway [line] came to a vote. We had agreement with the mayor and 26 council votes lined up. The very morning of the vote, Rob and Doug come in, and they’ve talked to the Night Shift. They’ve changed their minds and they’ve withdrawn their support for our own plan. I had to go into a meeting of those councillors and, without betraying my disgust, explain to them that the plan has changed and the mayor’s going in a different direction.
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/mark-towhey-the-man-behind-rob-ford/

Last edited:
Doug Ford Pretty Chill About Stephen Harper Calling His Family ‘Losers’
The brothers were both contacted by VICE for reply, although only Doug Ford blessed us with comment.

Before going off about Tory's behaviour as mayor (without making any mention of his brother's own mayoral blunders like, ya know, being caught on video doing crack... twice!), Ford described Fife's allegations as "hearsay."
[...]
It should be noted that relations between Harper and the Fords has usually been one-way, with the latter making numerous endorsements and shows of support for the prime minister, with little being said the other way around.
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-talked-to-doug-ford-about-stephen-harper-calling-his-family-losers

I can sense another illness coming up. Not sure who's going to be sick Saturday night, but I really don't see Rob and Doug getting selfies with Steve this weekend. The timing is just amazing. ;)

The Senate Flu.

Ford brothers holding rally with Conservatives
“We’re going to have a big rally on Saturday at the Congress Centre (650 Dixon Rd. at 7:30 p.m.),” Doug Ford told the Toronto Sun on Wednesday. “We’re going to have 55 GTA ridings involved, Ford Nation, you name it. It’s going to be a packed house.”

The ex-councillor and former mayoral candidate said the event is a “joint effort” between the Fords and the Conservative Party. A Conservative Party spokesman confirmed the party is holding a rally in Toronto on Saturday evening and added “we’re pleased the Fords are helping to promote the event.”

During a campaign stop in Brantford on Wednesday, Harper was asked why he was accepting support from the Fords given the fact Rob Ford has admitted to smoking crack cocaine.

“I think our position on these issues is very well known and the support we’ve had from those individuals for our party is longstanding,” Harper said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/14/fords-to-hold-conservative-rally

Filion sent Ford a music mix in rehab. “He has a special relationship with you,” Rob’s brother Doug told Filion several times. “I don’t f–king understand it.”
[...]
Whenever I asked Doug Jr. about Rob and their dad, he changed the subject. In a 2014 Toronto Star interview about their father, Doug was asked what his dad would do, if he were alive, to set Rob on the straight and narrow path.

“After he kicked the shit out of him?” Doug asked with a laugh.

The walls in this mayor’s office held no secrets. Loud voices carried right through them, and the Fords were anything but soft-spoken. While Rob Ford was mayor, the office held an atmosphere none of those who worked there had ever experienced before. Except for Rob. His office was just like home, but here Rob was the “dad.”

His mother chose the colours, selected the art and decided where everything would be placed, even in the small outer staff offices.

Although Paxton and other former staffers spoke to me on the record, some didn’t want their names associated with the crazy days in Ford’s office. But they all described Diane Ford as charming, capable, entitled and in charge. Many said she acted as if the mayor’s staff were Ford family employees. Not with a haughty manner, but more as if this was a matter of fact.

“I think Diane Ford considered herself a Rose Kennedy,” one commented.
[...]
Out among the common folk, Rob could be friendly, engaging and generous. Office staff received very different treatment. There was no leniency for an honest mistake or a misunderstanding. Insubordination, real or imagined, was punished.

Sheila Paxton said the mayor flew into a rage once when he called her cellphone and a male voice delivered her voice mail message. A friend had set it up for her. Ford ordered Paxton suspended for a week without pay. She ignored the penalty. He suspended another staff member for taking too long getting his car repaired.
http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...r-toronto-mayors-office-a-toxic-family-affair

Canada had legal marijuana (as in no laws against it) until someone decided we needed to outlaw it because of race-based moral panic. Which is totally alien to the CPC, right?

Actually more like pressure from the U.S. along the lines of "mental/moral stability" and the budding "War on Drugs" tied to organized crime.

Also, prostitution is technically legal, as is solicitation. It's 'communicating for the purposes of prostitution' that's not legal - a weaselly way of trying to make it illegal that just makes it more underground and less safe.

Actually the prostitution laws are to protect the definition of marriage. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back