News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt that's it. rob has/had always gotten away with everything... why would he think this would be different? and then look, he did get away with it. personally i think the call was about something else.
Hit somebody with the escalade . Jaclyn Dawe anyone? Just throwing shit around.

maybe... but would something football related warrant a call in the 'wee hours of the morning'?

I'm not convinced it had anything to do with football. It's the middle of winter (February) so they're not playing, right? And at this point Ford's already made his "think of the (football-playing) children!" speech to council concerning returning the $3,150 from his foundation and voted on it (and no one seemed to notice this but one), but it's not until March that the COI charge is brought forth.

Maybe MacIntyre? He paid Rob that visit in January and was in jail in February although he didn't get his jailhouse beat-down until March...

Subways?

But these may not be the dots we're looking for. They may still be out there. Whatever he was going on about may never be known. Rob probably doesn't know either. It's in the past. Like Doug sleeping with Renata (redacted part of call to Towhey, via Towhey). Or did that even happen?

Fords...

My uneducated guess is that he isn't around this time next year. Doug will go for the council seat or run for mayor again, just to keep it in the family. I am just amazed that medical professionals convinced him to actually focus on treatment.

Walter Gonet
Thanks but I wasn't looking for a name, just looking for connections. The Fords have a virtual stable full of high end lawyers. I was actually wondering if there were any connections to your amble around the Cortellucci/Montemarino municipal corruption discoveries since Dougie seems so keen to pursue certain kinds of development opportunities as a businessman/politician.

I just did a general search of Gonet's name and pulled up 2 items both linked to the Star. The first one, in 1997, was about him presiding on a case in which he called out the province on its failure to provide adequate mental health facilities, pre-trial, for a female addict pending a drug charge hearing.

The other one took me to reports in November, 2013 in the Star of Retired Judge Walter Gonet, "independent appointment" by Chief Bill Blair, to hear wrongful arrest complaints against cops under the Police Act during the G20.

I don't know how to access the legal case reporting sites, so that's all for me since I'm not betting on Robbie making a comeback this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back