8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should just read the book .... *shudder*

All these books sound interesting, but with two babies I have no time or energy to read these days. My wife and I only get like one or two hours tops together once the kids are put to sleep so don't want to spend it with our noses in books.

All these books sound interesting, but with two babies I have no time or energy to read these days. My wife and I only get like one or two hours tops together once the kids are put to sleep so don't want to spend it with our noses in books.
You've already watched the TV show - no need to read the script.

Not suggesting any involvement by the TF - suspect they probably have good controls. But there are lots of ways to play dirty. For example:

1. Criminal takes dirty money (drugs, whatever) and donates it to charity. They take the tax receipt and get a rebate on their legitimate business or personal income, essentially giving them half back in clean untraceable funds.

2. Supplier charges a large markup on goods and services purchased by the charity, or fudges volumes and amounts. They get paid in full and divert the funds to a criminal via another fake invoice.

3. Someone has a hobby that isn't tax deductible, so they sign up with a foundation like TF, make donations themselves and then direct where the money goes.

And so on. Remember the stories about how the delivered equipment didn't match Rob's boasts, in either quality or quantity? We've also got a politician with known addictions and cash problems directing where funds donated by city lobbyists are being spent with cursory oversight. That in itself is a huge red flag.

Maybe it's connected with Deco as well? Something about that outfit doesn't sit right with me: shit product, lousy wages/staff treatment, no public financials but revenue reported as nice round numbers every year (I can't find it right now, but someone found three consecutive years where the figure went up by $1 million each year).

And then there's this:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/doug-ford-at-deco/article21067584/

Three former employees who worked out of Deco’s Toronto office say the best example of the dysfunction is Apollo Health and Beauty Care, which became a significant client in 2011. The Fords wanted to make Apollo happy – even at the expense, at times, of more longstanding clients.
For example, Deco would commit to a printing a major order of meat labels ahead of a scheduled sale. But then Apollo would demand that a comparatively small job be done right away and Deco would jump.
“So instead of making time for a big customer, who is the bread and butter of your company … they’d be like ‘we have to really get that Apollo job on,’” said a former Deco staffer.
This approach to production caused delays, missed shipping dates and ultimately, frustrated clients. Former employees said that the Fords’ focus always seemed to be on the thing in front of them and not the big picture.
Even the City of Toronto, which orders thousands of dollars worth of products from Deco – including tourism labels, bike signage, and permit tags – had problems.
One incident chronicled through an e-mail exchange between the city’s Randy Smith and Deco’s Angie Garcha was obtained by The Globe through a freedom-of-information request. In early 2014, the City of Toronto ordered 500,000 water-meter tags for $24,195.
Deco initially committed to shipping the order on May 12, but it was changed to May 20. Five days before that deadline, Ms. Garcha e-mailed with bad news. “Due to the long weekend holidays we are going to be a bit late as to shipping this order out. We will have it shipped to arrive there on Friday May 23rd for sure.”
Then it was changed to June 5. Mr. Smith, a supervisor with Toronto Water, waited all day and, when nothing came, e-mailed Deco: “June 5th has come and gone without any delivery.” The order arrived June 10.
That wasn’t the only issue with the job. At the time of invoicing, the city was billed an additional $2,419.50 charge for extra tags that came off the print run.
“We ordered 500,000 and I never even dreamed that we would need to specify no overs or unders,” Mr. Smith wrote to Deco. In the end, the city agreed to take the extras.
Why is Apollo so important to the Fords? Who's behind it?

ETA: Okay, so that's easy to find out: Charles and Richard Wachsberg.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...s-independent-director-otcqb-ccan-1982648.htm

Canadian Cannabis Corp. ("CCAN" or the "Company") (OTCQB:CCAN) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Richard Wachsberg to the Board of Directors. Richard is co-founder and Chairman of Apollo Health and Beauty Care
Probably not significant, but interesting in the context of Rob 'I smoked a lot of it' Ford.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...r-clients-tax-break/article18605744/?page=all

The Wachsbergs moved their business from Vaughan to Toronto expecting a break on property taxes.

The Apollo chairman said he does not know how the Fords came to involve themselves in issues concerning his firm, and that the issue of disclosure of the relationship between his company and Deco is one for politicians to address, not him.

(...)

“Dear Rob and Doug,” he wrote. “This response is very unexpected given our conversations and we are quite disappointed in the result.” Given the 450 jobs that Apollo expected to bring to Toronto from its previous headquarters in Vaughan, and the environmental certifications the building was expected to receive, Apollo should be considered special, he wrote.

(...)

The mayor and Mr. Wachsberg questioned why city inspectors suspected Apollo was responsible for a spill that had taken place five kilometres away. City staff explained that inspectors traced the spill – a mass of foam that spewed out of a manhole in a public park – back up the sewer line to Apollo’s factory.

(...)

Planners had concerns Apollo was deviating from the construction site plan, making a private driveway look like a public road. Planning manager Neil Cresswell said he was called to the site in the spring of 2011 and arrived to be greeted by Mr. Wachsberg and the mayor. Mr. Cresswell said the mayor’s attendance sent a clear message to staff that he wanted “this building to proceed.”
Old news, but something still stinks.​

Last edited:
Re: Partial list of Brown donors

Robbie was the tightwad @ only $500, but maybe his constituents' list was used to get Brown a huge list of new party membership sign-ups. I wonder if Rob also contributed to Monty McDinosaur's campaign.

Re: Night Shifters

If you combine this list with the Donors' list for Brown you've pretty well got clues to how many of the old Mike Harris Tories are still in the dark corners of municipal politics. They're still hoping to capture "vote-rich" Toronto! And the Harris crew were a pretty rum lot (as in not just Flaherty) back in the day. They probably enjoy spending time with the likes of the Fords, aside from whatever political gains they may get out of it.

Re: Ford & Toronto Foundation

Anybody else see just the tiniest irony of Rob getting his name in with Toronto "elites" just before his run for Mayor and after being warned about using his councilor letterhead to solicit funds for his football empire, but well after his removal as coach by Newtonbrook Secondary? Akin to Zlatko sponsoring the Chief's Gala.

None of this is surprising if you remember the photo of Harris, and Doug (it think, not Rob) with Brown after his leadership win. Doolittle in Crazy Town noted that Doug Senior remained active in the PCO after his only term in office, so I'm surprised that Harris had to go to the Fords (as per Towhey) in 2010.

And lemur, I have been wondering about Deco a lot lately.

Hmm, so Artur Kisicki?

Rob: “Can I talk to you about what happened?” I don’t know if he means me or Renata. Next he tells me he and Renata were fighting because “*** *** ******** **** **************.”
Because she had blanked that blank?

Because she and blank were blanking?
i assumed it meant artur (or arthur, i've seen it both ways) kisicki... but based on his facebook etc., it looks like he's got kids in their teens... so he's either divorced again or also cheating on someone when /if he's been with renata recently.

i wish we knew more about when the guy that taped renata (saying robbie won't give up certain drugs)... i think knowing who that actually was would provide some insight into all of this.

as for the asterisks... maybe someone who has the book can 'officially' fill those in for us?

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 5.28.31 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 5.28.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 5.28.31 PM.png
    35 KB · Views: 1,697
Why is Apollo so important to the Fords? Who's behind it?

ETA: Okay, so that's easy to find out: Charles and Richard Wachsberg.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...s-independent-director-otcqb-ccan-1982648.htm

Canadian Cannabis Corp. ("CCAN" or the "Company") (OTCQB:CCAN) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Richard Wachsberg to the Board of Directors. Richard is co-founder and Chairman of Apollo Health and Beauty Care​

i find that very interesting considering the following...

Small-town Muskoka hockey rink may become medical marijuana factory
Late last week in the Muskoka town of MacTier, word began spreading that councillors had quietly voted to consider a plan to shut down the local arena and allow a private company to take it over.
[...]
Mettrum has applied to Health Canada for a research and development licence under the proposed “Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations” and would run its facility according to the government’s strict rules, said Mettrum CEO Gregory Herriott.
http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...ink_may_become_medical_marijuana_factory.html

mactier is the town leeanne mcrobb is from. and the co-founder of deco had a son named greg.
Greg Herriott
Here are two images from Ted's book (printed on the cover fly-leaf), Sunday Morning with Cass. Ted had a very close and long-term friendship with A.J. Casson. Gordon Herriott (Ted's father; my grand-father) passed away quite suddenly at a young age. A.J. Casson helped to fill a fatherly void for Ted (my opinion).
http://www.thomasfuneralhome.ca/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=507817

plus...
Tony Sergi, president of the newly-formed Medical Cannabis Employees Union Local 1 (MCEU 1), which covers the whole province of Ontario, says that the union's mandate includes providing business support, health and safety standards, education, training, and health benefits to its members.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10693869.htm

tony sergi, aka tony large, has mafia ties/connections. getting busted in project green giant (info below) really pissed of frank grano, aka granny, a mafia biker dude.
Toronto Police have charged four men in connection with a major drug bust that yielded over two million Canadian and foreign dollars in the largest cash seizure in its drug squad’s history during its large-scale investigation, Project Green Giant.

Nitesh Taylor, 35, of Roehampton Ave., Antonio Sergi, 50, of Brampton and Edward Vaserbakh, 35, of Toronto, were charged with possession of marijuana and hashish, as well as possession of the proceeds of crime. Justin Young of Toronto was charged with failure to comply with recognizance. Three others arrested in the investigation were subsequently released without charge.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ges_in_project_green_giant_investigation.html

not sure how the arrest squares with being the union president though... or if or how it folds back onto deco / the fords.

Last edited:
something else about the wachsbergs...
“This is a case about lies and dishonesty.”
[...]
Rubinoff takes the position that he knew the opposite side and their witnesses were engaged in a tightly controlled conspiracy to lie about relevant circumstances. In particular, he believed that the Wachsbergs coerced more than one of their witnesses into swearing false affidavits. He decided to settle, because he feared he could not afford the litigation, presumably against the background of a number of affiants having given evidence contrary to his interests, and there being a threat to see to the laying of criminal charges against him.
http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/...rubinoff-v-wachsberg-2003-10712-on-scdc.shtml

i wish we knew more about when the guy that taped renata (saying robbie won't give up certain drugs)... i think knowing who that actually was would provide some insight into all of this.

Crazy Town, Chapt. 6, He Won't Give Up The Blow (p. 111/2) puts it as shortly after Rob had been elected, "John" meets Renata at a Tim Hortons about an hour north of the Fords home and surreptitiously records their chat.

Crazy Town, Chapt. 6, He Won't Give Up The Blow (p. 111/2) puts it as shortly after Rob had been elected, "John" meets Renata at a Tim Hortons about an hour north of the Fords home and surreptitiously records their chat.
my guess is it was a tim's in barrie.

Rob was the only one responsible I would agree, but you are saying that TF would be participating in a laundering scheme, and I'd be careful with that. They have an excellent reputation and would ensure that funds only go to a legit, registered charity. They would only issue receipts for money that they actually received. In addition, when these foundations are established, there needs to be a minimum amount to create the fund, and then proceeds from the interest are paid out at an amount determined annually by TF. Some funds exist for 10 years, some exist in perpetuity. I don't know which the RFFF is, but if it passes the 10 year mark, the fund remains with the TF in perpetuity.
Could a person not simply email Toronto Foundation and ask them what the RFFF actually does now that Rob Ford is pretty much banned from coaching at TDSB and TCDSB?

Maybe it's not their business to know where the money goes, but it seems weird. Like if I registered a charity 10 years ago to save Captain John's boat... and it was towed away months ago but I kept accepting donations anyway, that'd be pretty shady.

(Actually, someone is doing just that, but they don't seem to be claiming to be a registered charity.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back