News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does show up, expect a big show of how poorly he is, inviting us to draw the conclusion that it was these tawdry accusations that brought on his ill health and the besmirching of his reputation that he himself had no hand in, oh no sir.

Also: He did not read the laws regarding crack smoking, extortion, etc. because other members of his family had already experienced these things in great detail and he figured he learned everything there is to know from them.

One thing I found interesting--Towhey's not even sure Ford wanted to be mayor. He thinks he just wanted to prevent his enemies from having the job.
i found that strange. i get the impression rob went for mayor to show his (dead) dad he could.

I think a lot of RoFo's loosely-defined "Night Shift" probably comes from the kinds of characters who had the wherewithal to approach him about somesuch matter: "Help me, Mister Ford". And on that note, transcribed from the Google version of Filion's book, an encounter I've alluded to earlier...

Rita Davies, former executive director of Cultural Services, remembers being summoned to the mayor's office for an important arts matter. "There was a woman who had contacted him. She was dotty as all get-out. Deep red lipstick, huge black hat. Dolled up like she was going to a cocktail party, circa 1956. She came with page after page of handwritten notes in plastic file folders and proceeded to go through them one by one. She was just going on at length about the horrible arts organizations, like Toronto International Film Festival, because she lived in the Manulife building and she never got to meet any of the stars."

The mayor was writing down everything she said.

"The board of TIFF should be fired!" the woman with the big bold hat told Ford.

Davies told me, "He looked up with great anticipation and then wrote down, 'Board should be fired!' And the reason was that she hadn't met any stars. About forty minutes into this, I stood up and said, 'I'm sorry, but I have another meeting to attend.' And I went."

That Ford Nation wacko Josie Erent is arguing with Canadian hero Kevin Vickers of all people because he commended Trudeau on his Facebook page for speaking out against the Peterborough mosque burning. I swear we're surrounded by morons!

So she thought the mosque burning was a good thing? Does she not realize that Ford Nation is very multicultural?

That Ford Nation wacko Josie Erent is arguing with Canadian hero Kevin Vickers of all people because he commended Trudeau on his Facebook page for speaking out against the Peterborough mosque burning. I swear we're surrounded by morons!

Can you cut a quote out of the discussion?
She's easily one of the crazier FN types - I wonder how many of her posts are deleted by the IHTWOMRF admins. I remember her posting the Premier's address on that page...

throw doug under the bus.jpg
throw doug under the bus2.jpg

https://twitter.com/BradMac91/status/667188707351519233

Attachments

• throw doug under the bus2.jpg
    throw doug under the bus2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 596
  • throw doug under the bus.jpg
    throw doug under the bus.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 613
I think most people are done with the Ford story.
With everything we've already learned over the last 5 years (15 if you include his time as councilor) Filion and Towhey read (from the excerpts) almost like fiction, like Ford 'Folk'-lore.

Also, as a woman, having Filion tell me Rob was a good Dad (when he was clean) cuz he took his son to a hockey game sounds so lame given all the other stuff we know and suspect about their domestic life. But he clearly set out to write about "his Friend the Victim", with a few tawdry bits to spice up the narrative. Towhey's book leaves us with a lot of questions about his motives in writing it and his own justifications for his questionable part in the circus that was City Hall. Did anyone else note Towhey, at the vey end of the interview with Paikin, say he's putting his life back together again as a management consultant and strategist for Patrick Brown?

With everything we've already learned over the last 5 years (15 if you include his time as councilor) Filion and Towhey read (from the excerpts) almost like fiction, like Ford 'Folk'-lore.

Also, as a woman, having Filion tell me Rob was a good Dad (when he was clean) cuz he took his son to a hockey game sounds so lame given all the other stuff we know and suspect about their domestic life. But he clearly set out to write about "his Friend the Victim", with a few tawdry bits to spice up the narrative. Towhey's book leaves us with a lot of questions about his motives in writing it and his own justifications for his questionable part in the circus that was City Hall. Did anyone else note Towhey, at the vey end of the interview with Paikin, say he's putting his life back together again as a management consultant and strategist for Patrick Brown?
What also stood out is Towhey says former staff are being treated for PTSD, as if they'd been in a war zone!

People probably feel sorry for him. Tory's approval is 77%? That's insanely high. I think something will happen to drag it down eventually--like a labour strike or some sort of spending scandal.
38% approval for a councilor who hasn't actually been there for how long now? That's really good. Even I like him better when he's not there.

As for Mr. Tory, what's the story on that Police Budget increase? I'm waiting to hear from Thompson in that discussion. Maybe another flippity-flop if the anti-taxers are up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back