News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think it means, Jimmy? A total no-show at the budget debates - think of it, he must be pretty far gone not to get himself up and into City Hall for the BUDGET - not a single call to Warmington, or even a press release blasting Tory and his spendthrift allies on council. Not even a single photo of him either in or out of hospital. Aside from a half-hearted, sort of resigned defence of Rob in the wake of the latest ruling by the integrity commissioner, not much out of Doug, either. In my shop, we're thinking he must be close to the end. What are your thoughts?

What do you think it means, Jimmy? A total no-show at the budget debates - think of it, he must be pretty far gone not to get himself up and into City Hall for the BUDGET - not a single call to Warmington, or even a press release blasting Tory and his spendthrift allies on council. Not even a single photo of him either in or out of hospital. Aside from a half-hearted, sort of resigned defence of Rob in the wake of the latest ruling by the integrity commissioner, not much out of Doug, either. In my shop, we're thinking he must be close to the end. What are your thoughts?

Hard to say, but the signs don't look good. Rob was saying that surgery before Christmas would be a great present. Nobody has said much since, except for a brief news itme about another chemo cycle. It's possible the family decided to make Rob's treatment a private matter, but my guess is that he's in palliative care (probably at home, for the time being). That can drag on for a long time, though. My mother was a palliative patient for almost two years before she died from her cancer (first at home and, later, in a hospice). She wasn't up and about much.

Warmington even had something positive to say about Tory's trip to Hollywood, before turning to provincial matters. Ford is no longer news to him and his absence - especially from public view - can't be good news.

Hard to say, but the signs don't look good. Rob was saying that surgery before Christmas would be a great present. Nobody has said much since, except for a brief news itme about another chemo cycle. It's possible the family decided to make Rob's treatment a private matter, but my guess is that he's in palliative care (probably at home, for the time being). That can drag on for a long time, though. My mother was a palliative patient for almost two years before she died from her cancer (first at home and, later, in a hospice). She wasn't up and about much.
I agree. I think he's nearing the end. It's scary how quickly things can take a turn for the worse. My aunt just discovered she had cancer a couple of months ago and she's near the end.

I agree. I think he's nearing the end. It's scary how quickly things can take a turn for the worse. My aunt just discovered she had cancer a couple of months ago and she's near the end.

That is awful. Cancer really does suck, no matter who gets it.

Yes, cancer sucks. But so does Rob Ford. Just because he got cancer doesn't make him any less of a horrible person. (I am just trying to mentally prepare myself for the tweets, posts, obits and media reports that will come out upon his death, many of which will forget that Toronto is better off without him.)

Indeed. Getting sick doesn't excuse past behavior. I do very much agree that City Hall is better off with his absence, especially the efficiency of council meetings.

(I am just trying to mentally prepare myself for the tweets, posts, obits and media reports that will come out upon his death, many of which will forget that Toronto is better off without him.)

The Flagg brigade will demand a state funeral.

While I think cancer may be taking it's toll here, I wouldn't discount the idea that Rob has also fallen off the wagon again, or maybe jumped off with both feet. He has a deep distrust of medical authorities, has unresolved drug/alcohol issues... cancer doesn't necessarily change that.

Except that he's been off the wagon in public quite frequently ... although maybe the family is more aware of those optics now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back