News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford was an lying, unrepentant bigot, sexist, homophobe with ties to criminals and a preference to skip work and drink in school yards rather than be the Mayor of the city "he loved so much." He used bully tactics to silence his critics, and actively corrupted the institutions he purported to serve because the rules never applied to him. The facts about this are plentiful. His failure as Mayor to represent all citizens will not be chocked up to some weak argument that he was the victim in all this.
Yeah, well what about the gas plants?

Well, given the extant LRT plans at the time, you'd bet he'd rip it up if it wasn't the popular thing to do and it was within his jurisdiction. I mean, the city at large did swallow the liability from the project cancellations, no?

AoD
Sure but what about eHealth? That was a billion dollars! And Layton's handjob!

Sure but what about eHealth? That was a billion dollars!

Yeah, wait till you find out how much essential service designation for the TTC will cost us. And let's not talk about the biggest line item in the city budget either because as I recall precious all was done about that.

As to the final item, well, someone had enough to eat, at least.

AoD

Let's remember that the real story of tragedy today is in Brussels, not in Toronto.

In fact, when I first learned of the news via subway news feeds, my first thought was of the dumb luck that Ford's passing would be upstaged by the Brussels attacks--which, in the pigger picture, *should have* been the case.

I believe that drunk driving, without causing an accident or anyone getting hurt, is simply a loss of your drivers license (punishment should be higher but that is what I think it is currently).

You do realize that on at least one of these instances, the situation was so dire that he had to be 'boxed-in' by TPS so that he wouldn't harm anyone but himself or a cop car, right?

When you say assaulting a colleague is I'm assuming, possibly incorrectly, that you are referring to the instance where he bumped into a member of council accidentally (granted while running around like a fool) and as far as I know that usually requires an apology (I think he did that).

Honestly, that's the least of it.

As for the rest of your apologia, meh. You've either been willfully blind or are trying to advance an agenda. It's tiresome. And quite honestly, even if you have been following this thread for its greater life, swooping in now with your sanctimonious B.S. is too little, too late. It won't win friends or influence people, Dale Carnegie.

Perhaps a more effective effort would be to start a 'sympathy', 'late-mythology' or 'hagiography' thread?

We already have a "guy like him" at city hall. His name is Denzil Minnan Wong.

Oh yeah remember the time he was terrified when Ford blocked his way and tried to intimidate Denzel "Winman" Wong? He was nothing but a scared weasel who almost crapped his pants.

I've never understood people saying he's charismatic. Next to Doug, maybe, but the bar is awfully low.

Rob Ford was a mirror for many people. Not that he had much in the way of redeeming social qualities or graces, nor that he could persuade with any great skill. He fed the narcissism of a select percentage of Toronto who felt angry no one wanted to listen to their socially-backward ignorance. He was "them", and that's why they liked him.

Rob Ford was a mirror for many people. Not that he had much in the way of redeeming social qualities or graces, nor that he could persuade with any great skill. He fed the narcissism of a select percentage of Toronto who felt angry no one wanted to listen to their socially-backward ignorance. He was "them", and that's why they liked him.

He does have a tendency to attract the Iolas and Neils.

AoD

And we're supposed to pretend the media had nothing to do with Macdonald's Pacific Scandal smear job?

The Medicine Hat Tam O'Shanter just wanted Tory blood. That's where Gordon Sinclair, another proud plaid dandy, started. They say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back