News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I think much of Renata myself, but in all fairness, she likely has little choice here. If she doesn't want Thug and Diane to cut off any & all financial support, then what else can she do but go along with whatever bullshit the Fords are going to continue shoveling? She doesn't look particularly employable to me, and she (presumably) has the kids to think of. Plus whatever lovely little drug habits of her own she's continuing to nurture.

Somebody said she could probably clean up handsomely by participating in a tell-all book now that the Fords' golden goose has kicked the bucket, but remember that these people are highly vindictive and actively seek to harm their enemies. I doubt Renata wants to be thrown off a balcony any time soon.

Agree. Her world is closing in. For years, Diane has been the dowager queen of Etobicoke. But now Renata is also the widowed mother of a presumptive prince. (Renata's Constance to Diane's Eleanor of Aquitaine perhaps?) If Diane & Doug are busy sketching in the next generation of the Canadian Kennedys, then wee Dougie has significant value and he becomes Renata's meal ticket. She gets shelter in the palace but at a cost and she has to play by the royal rules.

I was chatting a bit with some old football teammates. Some of them are really upset about Ford's passing, even though we played for him so long ago.

Here's one positive story from back in the day. We had this new running back who transferred over from another school. Guy was an amazing athlete--best player on our team. But he'd be slipping and sliding all over the field. Rob asks him what's up, and he says his family was too poor to afford football cleats so he had to use this cheap old running shoes with no traction. Ford just hands him $100 out of his own pocket to go buy himself some real shoes. Then he starts running through the league's best defences almost single handedly with little help from us. So Rob definitely had his good side.

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until now. She sounds just as stupid as the rest of them. Who would think it's a good idea to let a 9 year old boy do an interview the day after his dad died? Those poor kids should have chosen their parents more carefully.

The fact that she settled with someone like Rob Ford in the first place should have said a lot about her character.

"I do give my permission," she said Thursday. "He loves the media. He wants to be on camera. He's a little rascal. He sees the media and he runs to them."

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until now. She sounds just as stupid as the rest of them.

I can't recall now whether it was in Towhey's book or Fillion's, but one of them revealed that it was Renata who came up with Rob's infamous Pussy comeback, and furthermore, she didn't understand why people didn't find it funny.

I also don't think someone whose second language is English, someone who says "I do give my permission," would even have the word "rascal" in her vocabulary, but who knows, maybe she picked it up hanging round the old cracker barrel with Doug Sr.

I was chatting a bit with some old football teammates. Some of them are really upset about Ford's passing, even though we played for him so long ago.

Here's one positive story from back in the day. We had this new running back who transferred over from another school. Guy was an amazing athlete--best player on our team. But he'd be slipping and sliding all over the field. Rob asks him what's up, and he says his family was too poor to afford football cleats so he had to use this cheap old running shoes with no traction. Ford just hands him $100 out of his own pocket to go buy himself some real shoes. Then he starts running through the league's best defences almost single handedly with little help from us. So Rob definitely had his good side.
It's nice to live in a world where money solves everything.

My understanding is that Rob was considered the responsible one, was he not? Wasn't he the one who CAS would give the kids to if it came to that? She has no job and yet her parents are the kids day to day caregivers.

But it is true that she has to be a puppet for Thug and Diane, lest the purse strongs be cut off. Renata's statement about the kid loving the media and always running to them has Doug all over it. Isn't this the first time we have ever heard from the kid? It's obviously what he told her to tell the media after he realized that his little scheme blew up.

Nope. He was actually the sweetest thing in this infamous big ball of wackadoodle:

That Sun video was telling. The way Dougie repeated himself ("He kept going at it, going at it, going at it...") was vintage Rob. That "nothing" statement was sad, but it sounded more parrot-like than comprehension. Interesting too how he "runs" to the camera/press like they're his friend. Wonder what's really going on in that 9-year-old mind (and the ones around him).

Last edited:

Well yeh, but only to the extent that it made him look good. The self-interest was strong in that one.

Re: Renata
She probably has to be channeling the Basso vibe about being careful around the Famiglia Ford, and not just the stipend they're offering. The reason many people, especially families, get dogs is to provide protection and "early warning alarms". She may also be hoping a dog may provide some protection for the kids outside the house. Funny how Rob made a deal about Dougie and Steph being taunted at school as if those kids' bad behavior, not Rob's, was harming D and S

Re: Trolls
These bit players have apparently become an industry under the Conservative Party's campaign handbooks and Action Plans.

Re: Ford Loyalty
Jimmi's "nice things Rob did" post reminded me of some of the things Rob did with the loyalty he earned from some of his former football players, such as hiring them for his own personal security and what all else.

Re: Pomp and Circumstance
A local "visitation", service and reception would have been the tasteful way to do this (plus may have provided Doug with the "overflowing crowds" he craves) but Doug needs to move his Movement forward, and he also wants to rub his "influence" in the noses of the Ontario and Federal parties who seem to be snubbing him. The organized Trump style rallies may not be far off, at least in Doug's own schemes.

I'm getting the feeling that Domise didn't like Robbie.

I don't speak for Andray. But he has always been completely articulate on Robbie's failure (followed by Doug's even more faily failure) to do anything for Ward 2 residents over the 14 years they held that council seat. In particular, to do a single thing to boost local employment or alleviate poverty or build community or provide services. In the time I volunteered with him, I never heard him say anything personally negative about Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back