News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I see Mike Duffy slithered off the hook. Any thoughts as to similarities to the Ford situation? Apart from the obvious, i. e. that being a blimp-sized reactionary easily skating away from accusations of wrong-doing?

Then again, at least Duffy actually had to go to court and account for himself. Rofo was never really inconvenienced to that extent. Man, the Canadian justice system has been useless of late when it comes to dealing with so-called celebrities...

Well, I see Mike Duffy slithered off the hook. Any thoughts as to similarities to the Ford situation? Apart from the obvious, i. e. that being a blimp-sized reactionary easily skating away from accusations of wrong-doing?

Then again, at least Duffy actually had to go to court and account for himself. Rofo was never really inconvenienced to that extent. Man, the Canadian justice system has been useless of late when it comes to dealing with so-called celebrities...
Most importantly Harperville, as well as other governments, were called out for abusing the system.

This is why, from what I've been told, the crown was reluctant to charge Ford and held cops to a higher than normal standard. They feared a costly, high profile, humiliating loss. Some big losses for them lately. I predict another one in the fall when Sandro's trial is up.

My first thought was that the esteemed and senior judge must have greatly enjoyed reading out his verdict given both Harper's record in the Supreme Court and then his rant against Beverley McLaughlin for doing her job in trying to prevent Steve from appointing a judge to her court who was clearly ineligible under the rules.

My expectation of justice runs more to the striking down of mandatory minimum sentences for non-violent 'crimes' by :eek:rdinary folks" than refereeing etiquette at the trough of the public purse.

Talk radio is voluntary psychological warfare
"Opinion Radio" is all that is left after SNN bit the dust for the most part and the remnants reformed as TheRebel. The self-styled singular voice in Canada for the Conservative/Republican/Populist/Religious Right special interest group/para-military organization; Rebel Commanders? Really? My question is if they can be classed as as a radicalised element due to their fundimentalised dogma.

I still miss the weekly circle-jerk w/Robbie and Dougie.

image.jpg

All those flowers, cards, and signs are now gone from Douglas B. Ford Park.

What? Earth Day? When we clean up the community and parks to get rid of the garbage that accumulated during the winter.

The "Douglas B. Ford Park" sign is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back