News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Front line" support went all the way up to 23 Division unit commander.
Hummm, I always thought perhaps Momma Diane's bf, the judge had some influence in keeping Robbie safe from charges.
Also wasn't one of Dougs daughters bf or spouse a policeman and so may have influenced Rob's protection from police . I remember seeing a video awhile back of Dougs daughter and her male companion the policeman at Costco where he was raging at someone while it was filmed. I remember thinking I would not want that man as a father of my grandchildren and the vile temper did not look like much stability for a police officer. Assumably the fellow officers would have a buddy code of ethics to ensure Rob in his mayor position or the Ford family was never to be harrased by the law in any form......the " untouchables" I guess.

Hummm, I always thought perhaps Momma Diane's bf, the judge had some influence in keeping Robbie safe from charges.
Also wasn't one of Dougs daughters bf or spouse a policeman and so may have influenced Rob's protection from police . I remember seeing a video awhile back of Dougs daughter and her male companion the policeman at Costco where he was raging at someone while it was filmed. I remember thinking I would not want that man as a father of my grandchildren and the vile temper did not look like much stability for a police officer. Assumably the fellow officers would have a buddy code of ethics to ensure Rob in his mayor position or the Ford family was never to be harrased by the law in any form......the " untouchables" I guess.

Maybe. But I'm with animatronic, Ron Tavener is the most likely suspect.

I was wondering about just how much was spent on the Brazen 2 investigation and how much of the findings were in fact a "surprise" when 'stumbled upon" by the cops. If the Dixon crew was the subject of the extensive Traveler investigations wouldn't the cops have come across Robbie's involvement with them at the Towers well before Brazen 2? Surely they'd used plain clothes cops up there or heard stories from locals about Rob's frequent "constituent meetings" Maybe one of the Basso's mentioned their friendship with the Mayor, trying to cash in the get out of jail free card in one of their incursions with The Law.

All Brazen 2 got was some charges against Lisi. The cops couldn't even get subpoenas served against Robbie, a key witness and probable co-conspirator on the extortion charges.

Maybe the retired judge enjoyed regaling the Fords with funny tales of Law and Order as seen from the courtroom bench. He was after all appointed as an independent judge by Blair in one of the G20 hearings in 2013, a very bad year for Rob. Maybe stories of pinko elitists being taught their place?

Maybe Taverner was the "gateway" cop and maybe the famiglia had a little gravy to dole out. Maybe because of the TPS' inaction in apprehending Robbie for even DUIs after observing events documented in the ITOs the Crown prosecutors claimed there was no case to charge the Mayor, and the cops kept insisting that Brazen 2 was still ongoing to save face on this hi-profile file so we wouldn't lose any more confidence in them. I wonder if there's been a swath of PTSD cases on the force.

I think there's way more to this story given how long the FoFam has had this blanket immunity, and not just for Rob. Too many coincidences, like Rob's claim to councilors that he had "stuff" on all of them, and his glee when Ana Bilao was pulled over by the cops for a DUI.

I don't recall - was Mike McCormac at Rob's funeral?

Robbie didn't invent police corruption but his idea of police "accountability" must have been interesting. Tory's don't rock the boat attitude and TPSB appointments (and dismissals) don't inspire my trust in the process of police reformation on the financial or policy field without provincial intervention.

Maybe Taverner was the "gateway" cop and maybe the famiglia had a little gravy to dole out.

Maybe because of the TPS' inaction in apprehending Robbie for even DUIs after observing events documented in the ITOs..........

I'm not sure if "gravy" was even involved. My sense is Taverner and possibly others were friends of FoFam from way back, when Doug Sr was still around. So it's sort of like the "elites" of Etobicoke looking out for each other.

I also suspect these "elites" don't think drunk driving is that big a deal.

As for Etobicoke "elites" and a little more insight into FoFam's friends, check out a documentary on TVO pre-Panama Papers, "The Great Canadian Tax Dodge", for former finance minister 'uncle' Jim Flaherty, and extrapolate the influence he might have been able to lend to the CEO of Deco's business interests in the US, given that Doug's bro was also the Mayor of Canada's largest city.

This beast has potential tentacles way beyond DUIs and crack pipes.

So, I am wondering how Doug Ford, or even Rob, would be handling these issues with BLM and the police if they were mayor right now.

Doug Ford and Donald Trump must have taking the same correspondence course. And didn't read or complete it.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.15.22 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.15.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.15.22 PM.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 637
So, I am wondering how Doug Ford, or even Rob, would be handling these issues with BLM and the police if they were mayor right now.
Rob would go and do a constituent consultation at Steak Queen, in patois asking: if they were confronted by an armed crazy man what would they do?

Overnight international radio broadcast last night reported that YouGov analyzed polls and found that 20% of Trump supporters thought freeing the slaves was a 'bad idea', and Pew found that 70% favoured flying the Confederate flag. Is Doug one of them?

What is it with cabbies and their love for Rob Ford?
Cabbies are often over-educated for the work they do; the work they do is poorly paid and, maybe more importantly, it is in a dying industry. I can understand why they are 'anxious' and why they support politicians who are against 'the elite' and who do not want or like change (Ford, Trump, Jimmy K, Mammo etc). I bet that hand-loom weavers or horse cart operators supported the 18th or 19th century versions of these politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back