News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it just me, or does something look really *off* with this website? The graphics look really shoddy.

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 11.34.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 11.33.48 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 11.34.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 11.34.05 PM.png
    770.2 KB · Views: 647
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 11.33.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 11.33.48 PM.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 609
I believe all elected officials have a responsibility to be available to the people who elect them. I will continue the benchmark set by my family – if you ask me for help, I will do everything I can to help you. I will call you back, I will return your messages, and I will come straight to your door to make sure you get the excellent level of service you deserve

The benchmark set by his family? Hopefully not drunk and hitting anyone with Big Mac and Fries.

AoD

Is it just me, or does something look really *off* with this website? The graphics look really shoddy.
It's a Ford website, so of course it's done on the cheap.

I wonder if they ever heard of vector graphics as a modern alternative to bitmapping. Anyway, is cheap the same thing as free as in beer? :D

Well now, that didn't take of long time. Just answered a telephone poll call asking if I was satisfied with the performance of John Tory. Curiously it asked if I would vote for him in the next municipal election. THEN the bomb dropped, it wanted to know if Dog Ford was running for mayor would I vote for him. Oh yes Mike Layton was also mentioned in the multiple choice.

Hmm......very interesting. I wonder if his mayoral interest is a result of less than lukewarm response to his provincial or federal ambitions?

He means a gentleman's/woman's agreement between other contenders to stand aside and only have one run formally. That's what ward 32 did to get rid of bussin.

That's exactly what the primaries in the US are. Nothing prevents the losers from running as an independent when they lose the party nomination; very very few do.

Hmm......very interesting. I wonder if his mayoral interest is a result of less than lukewarm response to his provincial or federal ambitions?
I'm guessing Doug will be Mikey's part-time assistant. He'll come in occasionally to stay in the limelight and blast Tory for different things. He'll keep polling and if come election time he's in reach of Tory he'll run for mayor. If it's not close he won't put himself out there to potentially be embarrassed.

I'm guessing Doug will be Mikey's part-time assistant. He'll come in occasionally to stay in the limelight and blast Tory for different things. He'll keep polling and if come election time he's in reach of Tory he'll run for mayor. If it's not close he won't put himself out there to potentially be embarrassed.
Tory may be bland as tapioca but if there were a rematch he would wipe the floor with Doug's weave. Can't proxy vote for a dead guy.

It's a Ford website, so of course it's done on the cheap.
It's not the same platform as the rob/doug websites and it was registered by Dan - who was too clueless to do it anonymously - so reasonable assumption is Dan made it for free whilst on "lunch break" from his constituency work.

That's exactly what the primaries in the US are. Nothing prevents the losers from running as an independent when they lose the party nomination; very very few do.

But in Toronto's case, there's no such "party nomination" process; ergo all the candidates enter the race "in the raw", hoping to win. And if they don't withdraw by the deadline, their names are stuck on the ballot. (And of course, Toronto's municipal races are technically affiliation-free; so everybody's an "independent".)

In the case of MMM (as well as Liz West's 2010 near-upset of Paula Fletcher--and for that matter, Rossi and Thomson on the mayoral ballot), it was a coalition of stuck-on-the-ballotteers.

Doug hated being a councillor -- having to rub elbows with all the riff raff and all. So poor Mikey gets shoved in to keep the Ford brand alive. So far, Mikey is declining interviews, and he will probably get elected without having to speak a word. But sooner or later he's going to have to speak at Council where he will get eaten alive. I almost feel sorry for him. He probably didn't have a choice though -- if he didn't run, his allowance would get cut off. And meanwhile, good old Uncle Doug plans to swoop in and win the next mayoral election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back