Status
Not open for further replies.
Response from John Tory
CmrbDOaWYAA0ge4.jpg_large.jpg

Attachments

• CmrbDOaWYAA0ge4.jpg_large.jpg
    CmrbDOaWYAA0ge4.jpg_large.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 944
Dougie was on the Newstalk 1010 morning roundtable talking about BLM. He just rehashed stuff we've been hearing from Warmington about Tory being too slow to back police. And he's still pitching his Ferris wheel believe it or not. He seems like such a light weight compared to the other people on the roundtable. He has practically nothing of substance to contribute. It's hard to believe he's considered a serious political contender.
Dougie who? ;)

Without Robbie to give the appearance of civility in their Abbot & Costello routines, and complaints from the actual political players when the thought of pulling out a chair for Dougie was brought up, he is just an armchair halfback.

Do you remember Cointelpro?
Yep. Same shit goes on today but that's why you have to look at everything with an open attitude but still try not to fall into the trap of being whishy-washy.

Attachments

• 160706-0002.png
    160706-0002.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 654
This from Jesse Wente, programme director at Tiff:

It was only a few weeks later, walking with my then girlfriend (and future and present wife) late at night on Adelaide outside her apartment that the cruiser pulled up beside us. They shone the spotlight on me and ordered me to face the wall. They kept the spotlight on me as they asked my wife if she was okay. I was dressed in a hoodie and had my traditional hair down my back. They asked her a few more questions- did she know me? Where were we going? Before they finally left. She's never forgotten that night and what that it felt like. She had never experienced anything like that in her life. I told her then as I do now, that it wasn't the first time....and it wasn't the last. She still distrusts police to this day because of that one night.

It mostly stopped after I cut my hair off but I have never lost that instinct or fear - when I hear sirens and I'm walking at night, I know there's a chance their coming for me again. And that it could end differently this time.

And I got off exceedingly luckily. If she hadn't been there, what could have happened? If there wasn't a white witness what would have happened?

This was in Toronto, the great multicultural mecca of Canada. And I'm sure it will happen to someone else tonight. I worry that it will one day happen to my son - who like me is going to be a very large Ojibwe man - and that he won't get off easy like I did.

So when people say that what BLMTO did at Pride was wrong or "extortion", I remember this night and the many other encounters I've had with police just because I'm a large Ojibwe and once had my traditional hair, and I wish I had been there to sit with them, as I stand with them now. And I wish I'd said more to the police chief, that I'd been even more forceful, for the son and daughter I now have, and for the all sons and daughters out there, that will have that spotlight on them in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

It's nice to be able to say that BLM are just being a pain when you have no fucking idea what they have to put up with.

I wonder if his daughter is related to Karla?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 43m
Donald Trump: "My daughter is Jewish. I have grandchildren that are Jewish. And I love them."

Well, it's true--Ivanka married a Jew, and sealed the bond by converting prior to their marriage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner

Though speaking of matters Trump: of course, "Deconomics" fits this con-job scenario, too
https://newrepublic.com/article/134667/conservatives-groomed-perfect-suckers-trumps-epic-scam

Response from John Tory
View attachment 80681

But it's not just the TPS who were walking in the Pride parade. Set aside the police officers who were working - managing the crowd and the crowd barriers and traffic - during the parade that I actually attended, I saw the following:

Freshly repainted police cruiser decorated up in pro-Pride livery and covered in stick-on flowers and other rainbow decorations going woo woo woo attended by Mark Saunders and somewhere between 50 - 100 uniformed TPS officers packing floral garlands and guns.
DITTO from Peel Region police
DITTO from York Region police
DITTO from Halton Region police
DITTO from Hamilton police (HAMILTON? Why do cops from the Hammer have any need to march in Toronto Pride??)
DITTO from K/W police

Come on now. How many hundred uniformed and armed cops do we need to get the message across that cops these days are working on being nice and we are want to be (shown to be) inclusive. Were these officers getting paid? Who paid for the very fancy spray jobs on the cruisers and who paid for their transportation in from the hinterlands?

At one point I thought maybe I was at a Police Parade with a few LGBQT guests.

Mikey made a point of going last year. Maybe he was advised not to this year because Ford Nation doesn't approve. Election year, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back