News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't checked in for quite some time, but had to take a quick peek to see what the response was to Dougie's big announcement tease. With all the blowback on Trump and his questionable antics to the south, and the derision from the majority of the population, what makes Doug think he's a good idea for the conservatives? Aren't they trying to run as fast as they can to distance themselves from the far-right as possible?

Haven't checked in for quite some time, but had to take a quick peek to see what the response was to Dougie's big announcement tease. With all the blowback on Trump and his questionable antics to the south, and the derision from the majority of the population, what makes Doug think he's a good idea for the conservatives? Aren't they trying to run as fast as they can to distance themselves from the far-right as possible?
Doug has a few things going for him - he's got name-brand recognition, he can draw donations and his nationalist/fantasy economic policies appeal to a certain breed of conservative. The downside, of course, is that he's a hot mess of a failed politician who would be impossible to keep in line if he ever made it to Queen's Park.

Brown is not stupid - he gets all this. His best play is to string Doug along for the $ and press, but make sure he doesn't win the nomination. In some ways this is like Ezra Levant, who was supposed to run for the Alliance but was pushed aside so Harper could get his seat in a by-election (and then shut out of the nomination process after that).

Wow! I knew Doug was an opportunist, but this is really something, even for him. Guess he's been a closet union supporter all along. :) Love the union guys comments.

"Doug Ford parade visit in union shirt raises hackles"

"Fred Hahn, president of CUPE Ontario, minced no words on his Facebook page Monday that linked to photos of Ford at the parade in a post by website rankandfile.ca.

“This vile anti-union Fu$%er thinks he can ‘trump’ the Toronto (municipal) election and get working class folks to vote for him – and he is DREAMING – We will NOT let that happen,” Hahn wrote. “CUPE 416 recently saved 500 + jobs from contracting out and this guy – he’s all about killing good jobs.....So hear me now – let’s make it clear – we will work our butts off to make SURE union folks do nothing to support this....this....candidate.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...rade-visit-in-union-shirt-raises-hackles.html

Listening to him on Zoomer Radio just hurt my brain and made me fear for humanity. I also learned that the biggest issues facing Toronto these days are a tax on rain, Kitchener city hall and rampant violence cause by no more cops in schools.

Listening to him on Zoomer Radio just hurt my brain and made me fear for humanity. I also learned that the biggest issues facing Toronto these days are a tax on rain, Kitchener city hall and rampant violence cause by no more cops in schools.

You got it coming for listening to Zoomer :D Hope the pop classical before and after helps soothe your frayed soul.

AoD

Looks like he's not missing a single number listed on the Do Not Call List either. As far as reporting him? He'll get tapped on the wrist and will smile cause "he's special"

We should probably arrange a meet-up point for the bbq tonight. How about the faux-Grecian urn in the backyard, the one on the plastic column beside the rusted out '87 Camero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back