News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't get a majority. Plurality at best, but I'm gonna bet that the NDP and Libs go for a coalition government before they let Emporer Harper seize the throne again.

I'll bet you, say, a copy of Fillion's book Harper gets another majority.

I think he's angle is he's the one lefty who sees Ford as more than just a buffoon. He wants to give him a chance and understand what makes him tick. But I think Ford views him as just another NDPer out to get him.

I can understand that viewpoint. Rob isn't completely stupid in how he acts. He knows how to manipulate the media and get the attention focused on him.

You think he's gonna take 50% +1? After scandals, burying a surplus, austerity and everything else, he's in Ford territory. He's holding onto the die-hards, but not much more. After years of right-wing politics not working, it'll be "anyone but the conservatives" this election. I say 36% at *most*. So, I'll take that bet.

You think he's gonna take 50% +1? After scandals, burying a surplus, austerity and everything else, he's in Ford territory. He's holding onto the die-hards, but not much more. After years of right-wing politics not working, it'll be "anyone but the conservatives" this election. I say 36% at *most*. So, I'll take that bet.

I mean the majority of seats, not percentage of the popular vote. Not that I want them to win again...

I mean the majority of seats, not percentage of the popular vote. Not that I want them to win again...

In general, you will need to poll around 37-40% range to get a majority - even if the Cons votes are efficient, that's a figure beyond their reach at the moment. I am sure they have dirty tricks up their sleeves, but it's going to be a tall order. That, and the impact of the ABC effect is unknown at the moment.

AoD

Last edited:

I'd take that bet, if it was for something other than a soon-to-be-remaindered book. No way Harper gets another majority.

ETA: CBC poll tracker does give the Conservatives an outside chance at another majority. But, IIRC, they also thought the Conservatives would hold power in Alberta right up to about two weeks before the vote. My bet is that Canadians are still looking at both opposition parties, and will gel around one come the election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/poll-tracker/2015/index.html

Last edited:
I finally watched that Ford Nation show they did for Sun News. I never heard his claim that he takes homeless kids off the streets and lets them sleep on his couch. Does anyone believe he actually has done that? Hard to picture that one.

Can you still direct message on here? I can't find that option anymore.
see the arrow at the top, all the way to the right, in the box that says forums > greater toronto discussion > toronto issues... click it and then pick conversations.

I finally watched that Ford Nation show they did for Sun News. I never heard his claim that he takes homeless kids off the streets and lets them sleep on his couch. Does anyone believe he actually has done that? Hard to picture that one.

It still make me laugh that even Sun News only let that run for a single episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back