8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is indeed shocking. I like it!

Worms actually saying that Rob did something wrong is a huge admission on his part.

I'm actually thinking that someone, if not Tory, got involved with city lawyers or something. The disclosure parts aren't written in scrawler's elementary style. And at some point - Rob is spewing municipal slander and Worms is printing it. I wouldn't give Wormy much credit for all of a sudden seeing the light.

Sorry off topic again but somethings I wonder about the Rob Ford 10 yrs political success or is it excess, that is now Canada's shame....... What do the people who aided and abetted, created, and enabled, embellished him now think of their own integrity?
What about all the people who knew what he was doing or not doing in his job and personally...how did he get away with what he has for so long?
Bad publicity is better than no publicity with the Ford bros, will it ever end?
I sincerely hope we do not get to see this continue politically on the Federal level!
There were many people involved in the making and keeping of Rob Ford, do any of them have any pangs of conscience at all now on hind site?
I am very confused as to why there were never any of the legal ramifications for his activities that certainly would have downed a normal / average person.
It is not a credit to this country to see Ford obtain worldwide infamy for his bad behavior and not be behind bars. However, Rob has likely received the ultimate punishment now in his poor health prognosis (I assume) but probably as so often happens in death he will get his wings, at the funeral, inspite of the living reality.

However, Rob has likely received the ultimate punishment now in his poor health prognosis (I assume) but probably as so often happens in death he will get his wings, at the funeral, inspite of the living reality.

I have a feeling that his death would be akin to the passing of Sir Winston Churchill. The accolades, the tributes, the canonization, and all the tears at the passing of a great man .... there will be nary a mention of crack, association with gangsters, spousal abuse, racist rants, drug-induced threats to kill unnamed people, drunk driving and peeing in the park (I'm sure I've missed many others). Just like Churchill's faults are forgotten, so will Rob The Great's weaknesses be forgiven and forgotten in his selfless pursuit of Respect for The Taxpayer.

I'm actually thinking that someone, if not Tory, got involved with city lawyers or something. The disclosure parts aren't written in scrawler's elementary style. And at some point - Rob is spewing municipal slander and Worms is printing it. I wouldn't give Wormy much credit for all of a sudden seeing the light.

Those do seem suspiciously like ... paragraphs.

My gut tells me Joe's masters got a stern call from the mayor's office about their correspondent's excesses. And the word came down from on high to smarten up. I wouldn't be surprised if it came Paul Godfrey himself, now that Postmedia owns the Sun chain.

My gut tells me Joe's masters got a stern call from the mayor's office about their correspondent's excesses. And the word came down from on high to smarten up. I wouldn't be surprised if it came Paul Godfrey himself, now that Postmedia owns the Sun chain.

Or Joe was on deadline to write another column, and in came the Brand New Mayor who was more than happy to dictate it to him.

There is nothing nefarious here . . . just Toronto slowly coming to its senses.

fwiw... i found out that dennis morris has a brother named robert that sometimes stands in for him. allow me to explain.

i read this article: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6085474-drug-boss-sentenced-to-jail-asks-for-extra-day-in-prison/

and in it, it says...
Afterward, Gravelle's lawyer, Robert Morris, explained the two-year sentence meant his client would move into the federal rather than provincial system, which houses a generally younger and rougher crowd.

"They're older in the penitentiary system. He'll be with his peers, so to speak," Morris said smiling.

but dennis is in the picture, and robert was the name of the judge, so i thought it was a typo and reported the error. this is the response i got back...
I have checked with Bill Dunphy, who was the reporter at the courthouse that day and it was in fact Robert Morris who represented Mr. Gravelle. Robert is the brother of Dennis Morris, who has been ill and was not able to appear.

maybe that info can help us track down how the fords and the morris' know each other?

in that pdf from the 90's that gonet is in, there is also a lawyer named patrick morris, this patrick morris...

Respected Guelph lawyer dead at 89
He leaves his wife of 63 years, Marcia (Malone) Morris, 10 children, 31 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

“Dad had an influence,” said Patrick Morris junior. “I have a cousin and a nephew who are lawyers, and of course I and my brother John are lawyers too. He was well-respected. We’ve been getting emails from lawyers from all over responding to the news.”

Morris said his household was run in a Father Knows Best manner, “but Dad was always encouraging. He wanted us all to do well at school.”
http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/2791004-respected-guelph-lawyer-dead-at-89/

maybe dennis morris (and his brother robert) are from the same lawyer-rich morris family?

If someone nominates Rob Ford for the Canadian Walk of Fame, I would oppose that. See link.

Submit someone else for the Canadian Walk of Fame, here. Joe Shuster, Rob Ford is not.

This guy hasn't even scratched the surface of Fordian depravity. I see no conflicts of interest, "respect" for taxpayers, public urination, 911 calls, skipping out of council meetings to coach high school sports . . .

Exactly. This guy went on a wicked bender & woke up in the drunk tank. More of a Ralph Klein moment. For a councillor, this type of stuff, while not ideal is relatively easy to forgive. Rob & Doug, on the other hand, are pure evil spirited, lunk-headed, self-serving, wife beating, manipulative, lying, cheating, degenerate...

Well, you get the idea.

He's got a long way to go if he wants to ascend into Ford Nation territory.

Re: Gonet et al

Thanks evva for the reminder of your previous post(s). The first time I saw the "Review of a Judicial Inquiry..." I skimmed thru it because the allegations of harassment did not surprise me.

I've reread it and my take away is that this is a close up look into the provincial prosecution office that has since been claimed to be the step in the process that stopped the TPS from specifically charging Ford as it concluded that Brazen 2 had not produced enough evidence to lay charges. This was after the OPP had been dragged in to "oversee" the investigation.

Some questions it raises for me:

Did TPS have other evidence than what's in the ITOs that did not become public?

And why did they never at least charge Rob with DUI when so many people, including the cops, had witnessed this on many occasions? Why did the cops not at least determine to protect the public from this very real potential harm but instead conspired to enable his repeated reckless behavior for over a decade? Why not just pull him over outside of Etobicoke?

And am I alone in finding it interesting that Blair "independently" appointed Retired Judge Gonet to investigate 2 G20 complaints against cops at the same time the whole Crack Mayor Scandal was an ongoing international phenom?

I can understand that Diane Ford may have thought inviting a retired provincial court judge to a political dinner a la maison might have raised the tone of a soiree with the clan, but their circle of very powerful friends and enablers is truly impressive.

I just want that pair of reprobates, the FoBros, gone by any means necessary. I think Doug's pretty well cooked his own goose politically and it's not looking good for Robbie cuz cancer and addiction. If that's all we'll get I can live with it.

Last edited:
Exactly. This guy went on a wicked bender & woke up in the drunk tank. More of a Ralph Klein moment. For a councillor, this type of stuff, while not ideal is relatively easy to forgive. Rob & Doug, on the other hand, are pure evil spirited, lunk-headed, self-serving, wife beating, manipulative, lying, cheating, degenerate...

Well, you get the idea.

He's got a long way to go if he wants to ascend into Ford Nation territory.

"Winnipeg Ford" even expressed his regrets and issued an apology that was honest!

I have a feeling that his death would be akin to the passing of Sir Winston Churchill. The accolades, the tributes, the canonization, and all the tears at the passing of a great man .... there will be nary a mention of crack, association with gangsters, spousal abuse, racist rants, drug-induced threats to kill unnamed people, drunk driving and peeing in the park (I'm sure I've missed many others). Just like Churchill's faults are forgotten, so will Rob The Great's weaknesses be forgiven and forgotten in his selfless pursuit of Respect for The Taxpayer.

We've already been through that with Jim Flaherty. And Rob Ford's no Jim Flaherty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back