8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
betsy powell Verified account ‏@powellbetsy

Councillor Rob Ford's family is by his side in hospital and is asking for privacy, his chief of staff said in an emailed statement

dave seglins Verified account ‏@cbcdaveseglins

Office of ex-Mayor @torontorobford (yes him) asks for privacy. Ford remains in hospital, palliative care fighting cancer @CBCNews #cdnpoli

[URL='https://twitter.com/karengeier']Karen Geier ‏@karengeier

a press release about Rob Ford’s health? Is he about to be arrested?

[/URL]

Last edited:
I thought palliative care was for people who couldn't be cured.
When I saw the comment I also thought I'd never heard that before. I wonder if the guy used that word based on his own opinion. But, yeah, palliative care is more like maintenance when the end is near.

"All we can do is make <insert name> comfortable." is usually the phrase, just before commonly using a quiet room.

That said, considering the Ford Family, this may all be a ruse for some reason.

Yep
160317-0001.png

Attachments

• 160317-0001.png
    160317-0001.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 489
  • 160317-0001.png
    160317-0001.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder how the rumour got started.

Interesting indeed, a special statement issued by the office of Rob Ford was issued this afternoon, can't quote verbatim but it said that the former Mayor was still in hospital and his family by his side, the family asked for privacy.
Things look grim.

danjacobs_ 5:49pm via Twitter for Android
To clarify, recent statement released was in response to the rumours currently circulating on social media.

The point of press releases, Dan, is to give you the time you need to craft things carefully so that they cannot be misunderstood.

"With his family beside him . . . in hospital . . . asks for privacy during this difficult time . . . " These clichés really don't leave you much wiggle room.

Either your boss really is dying, or you just fucked up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back