News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No family gathers at the bedside of anyone that's got more than a day or two. There are only so many games of gin rummy you can play.

Honestly, some of you people are just repulsive human beings and you ought to be ashamed of your juvenile attitudes. I can't stress that enough and I hope you are severely offended by that (it is quite telling if you do feel that way). No matter what you think of Rob Ford, it is objectively disgusting and amoral to be making fun of another person's demise. No one should be mocked on their death bed, ever; no exceptions. I feel sorry for the ones that are finding amusement in the death of another. How low can you get? It's fair game to be critical of his career and the way he chose to live his life as a public official, but how do you look yourselves in the mirror and think your cold-hearted comments re his inevitable death are justified and perfectly decent? I can only imagine how empty some of you must be inside to hold such revolting sentiments. Death is not something to celebrate or poke fun at, no matter who the victim is. Grow up. Children behave better than many of you.

Honestly, some of you people are just repulsive human beings and you ought to be ashamed of your juvenile attitudes. I can't stress that enough and I hope you are severely offended by that (it is quite telling if you do feel that way). No matter what you think of Rob Ford, it is objectively disgusting and amoral to be making fun of another person's demise. No one should be mocked on their death bed, ever; no exceptions. I feel sorry for the ones that are finding amusement in the death of another. How low can you get? It's fair game to be critical of his career and the way he chose to live his life as a public official, but how do you look yourselves in the mirror and think your cold-hearted comments re his inevitable death are justified and perfectly decent? I can only imagine how empty some of you must be inside to hold such revolting sentiments. Death is not something to celebrate or poke fun at, no matter who the victim is. Grow up. Children behave better than many of you.
Oh please. Death doesn't magically clean the slate of your life.

This is a guy who drove on our streets when he was blackout drunk, bought his drugs from a gang of gun smugglers and ordered jailhouse beatings of his enemies. People were thrown off apartment balconies because of his video.

His inaction on the social housing file and votes against community spending have negatively impacted the lives of thousands of his constituents. His destruction of the transit file ensures that our most needy residents will have to wait decades for proper transit. He has thrown countless people under the bus when it suited him politically. He never gave two shits about the lives of anyone else, and now he's just reaping what he sowed.

Not once has he ever taken accountability for his actions. Death certainly didn't stop him from mocking bike accident victims. If and when he goes my thoughts will be with all the people whose lives he ruined, and for his life of public service unrealized.

Last edited:

Here's what I posted two years ago, regarding his stint in rehab:

'Honest truth: I couldn't care less about Rob Ford's well-being or whether he gets better. He's never shown any real sympathy for anyone else, and the entire extent of what passes for his political vision is the elimination of everything our society does to aid others who are suffering.'

Now, I certainly do NOT wish him death, let alone a slow, painful death. I will say, though, that it's instructive to think back to his time in office and recall just why I felt as uncharacteristically callous as I appeared to above. His deliberate, shameless handling of the gay flag issue during the Sochi Olympics was the final straw for me, a not particularly lefty straight man. To see the real crudity, cynicism and sheer mean-spiritedness he operated on and consciously attempted to stir up in this city made me hate him. His absence from the headlines over the past 18 months might have softened that feeling some, but it's not hard to remember the intolerance he stoked and the divisiveness he encouraged. So yeah, I won't celebrate his passing, but nor will I pretend he wasn't repugnant. I'll just keep my mouth shut and quietly hope that his family's presence in Canadian politics passed with him.

Hey, it's the like the end of an era around here today...

stephenharper 10:26am via Twitter Web Client
#StPatricksDay fondly reminds me of my friend Jim. May the luck of the Irish be with you all today!

QUOTE]

Blarney.

KmSwaCa.jpg

Oh man, I've been dreading this day. Not because we're going to lose Rob, but because of the gnashing of teeth and over the top obits that will make me gag and possibly puke. Yup, no sympathy here.

Yes, and all the misguided memories. 'He lowered my taxes! He cut waste at city hall!'

john-cleese-no.gif

Oh please. Death doesn't magically clean the slate of your life.

This is a guy who drove on our streets when he was blackout drunk, bought his drugs from a gang of gun smugglers and ordered jailhouse beatings of his enemies. People were thrown off apartment balconies because of his video.

His inaction on the social housing file and votes against community spending have negatively impacted the lives of thousands of his constituents. His destruction of the transit file ensures that our most needy residents will have to wait decades for proper transit. He has thrown countless people under the bus when it suited him politically. He never gave two shits about the lives of anyone else, and now he's just reaping what he sowed.

Not once has he ever taken accountability for his actions. Death certainly didn't stop him from mocking bike accident victims. If and when he goes my thoughts will be with all the people whose lives he ruined, and for his life of public service unrealized.
Who said anything about absolution?

It doesn't matter how good or bad a person is/was. Making fun of anyone's death is wrong. Death is not something to be happy about. Did you never learn that two wrongs don't make a right? There are many deplorable aspects to Rob Ford's character, but be the better person. Don't lower yourself to such pettiness. There's a lot of a "he started it" tone that comes across here; hence, you guys think you're in the right for making fun of his ensuing death, because he's the instigator of many bad things and you're just retaliating. Why not just turn the other cheek and move on with your lives? Why does this man have such a profound impact on your lives? Let whatever it is that bothers you about him go and free yourself of the burden to constantly talk about him. What good does it do anyone to obsess over every detail of his life? Move on and worry about your own existence. It's beyond ridiculous that there are over 7000 pages of discussion about this man. Why so much fascination?

Who said anything about absolution?

It doesn't matter how good or bad a person is/was. Making fun of anyone's death is wrong. Death is not something to be happy about. Did you never learn that two wrongs don't make a right? There are many deplorable aspects to Rob Ford's character, but be the better person. Don't lower yourself to such pettiness. There's a lot of a "he started it" tone that comes across here; hence, you guys think you're in the right for making fun of his ensuing death, because he's the instigator of many bad things and you're just retaliating. Why not just turn the other cheek and move on with your lives? Why does this man have such a profound impact on your lives? Let whatever it is that bothers you about him go and free yourself of the burden to constantly talk about him. What good does it do anyone to obsess over every detail of his life? Move on and worry about your own existence. It's beyond ridiculous that there are over 7000 pages of discussion about this man. Why so much fascination?

How is anyone making fun of his death? Death is sad and inevitable. People are talking about the atmosphere surrounding Ford's possibly imminent, possibly not, demise.

Why do you bother to read this thread if you find it so offensive? I've always found that humour is the one of the best ways to deal with death. Sorry you don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back