News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my take, too. But there's a lot of mixed messaging in Dan's statements over the past few days, IMO.
In the end Danny couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

In the end Danny couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

I sometimes wonder if I should feel sorry for the guy. The Ford's are notoriously inarticulate. Is it possible Dan is hogtied by their instructions? (A long shot... I know.)

He couldn't perform, brought shame to the city with his behaviour and made a mockery of the rules governing decency and good government, and we're supposed to feel sorry for him because we're sh*tty human beings otherwise? There is one, and it ain't the ones laughing at him.

AoD

Maybe if he does something cool with some of the money he leaves in his will I might start to have some respect for him.

As it stands, he had no respect for rules, laws, ethics, voters' intelligence, his own health, other people's safety and least of all the truth.

Maybe if he does something cool with some of the money he leaves in his will I might start to have some respect for him.

As it stands, he had no respect for rules, laws, ethics, voters' intelligence, his own health, other people's safety and least of all the truth.

Sorry, not even then. Money doesn't buy you into the Annals of the Enlightened.

AoD

Reality Check.

What are FoFam hopeful for? Rob's been ass-deep in miracles all his life.

Momma's probably consulting with the florist and caterers. Doug - what's he hopeful for - that a big BIG funeral will whitewash his own tawdry role and that Robbie is sufficiently sedated that he doesn't want to make a deathbed statement. Or are they hopeful that the Ford Brand survives.

One of the things this thread has done is to identify the enablers of this saga, and they are legion, from Harper and Bill Blair on down. That's the real Ford Nation. I'll admit that I have wondered if Rob got dropped on his head as an infant or suffered a concussion related to his football career. Could just one family produce such a toxic mix and enabling network as these folks? Its just stunning. But we have also tried to track Rob's victims who were just brushed aside - in Dixon, at City Hall, at FordFests, etc. If we choose, for whatever reason, not to remember Rob as a tragic victim of cancer we can put it down to not being hypocrites.

He wasn't a good politician and it sounds like he wasn't a good person or father either. I'm not going to cry for him just because someone tells me I should. And these updates are just getting annoying...the Ford family always finds a way to hog the media, even now, and it's gross. And that HuffPo article is a joke...RoFo would never behave in the way this man is suggesting we do and he "otherized" constantly.

I'm going to bet that he doesn't have much/any money to his name. All of his wealth is likely in jointly-held assets - the house, the family trust etc... Everything joint will just shift over, and there will be provisions in the trust to deal with this eventuality. His will probably won't even need to be probated. As for other assets, recall that many of his problems intensified when Diane cut off his allowance (to try to solve his "drinking problem").

This is from The Star's article:

Family members have been with him around the clock,” Ford’s brother and former city councillor Doug told the Star. “I have been at the hospital for the last five days and nights by his side.

“Rob is a fighter and continues to fight. We are so grateful for all the support for him from all over the world it is incredible!! We want to thank the Doc’s and Staff at the hospital they all have been amazing.”

He obviously wrote this and it would do the star good to say that because of the "Doc's" and "Staff". Typos, grammatical errors and capitalizations galore!

Also, if you feel like puking, Warmington has written an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back