News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading a biography on William Lyon Mackenzie, Toronto's first mayor, written by former mayor John Sewell. I found it amusing that Mackenzie used to annoy fellow members of the legislative assembly by demanding each vote be recorded.

Have you ever seen a media figure as close to a politician as Warmington is/was to Ford?

He's really been on his high horse since Rob passed, lecturing journalists about how they should've treated him, claiming Rob had won some war against a "smear campaign". Guy's a joke and he doesn't even know it.

You gotta laugh at all the revisionists who've come crawling out from under their rocks now that it's "safe" to do so. Their objections to those of us who refuse to whitewash Ford's behavior from the last several years amounts to, "Who ya gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?"

I just did a search for Rob Ford at change.org and found four post mortem petitions.

Immortalize him with a statue - 441 supporters.
Name a Scarborough subway station after him - 347 supporters.
Rename Centennial Park after him - 492 supporters.

Christ, those numbers aren't exactly impressive, are they? And how many of them are far right cranks who don't even live in Toronto? I persist in thinking that any mainstream politicos who refuse to pander to these cretins have nothing to worry about as regards any kind of backlash.

You gotta laugh at all the revisionists who've come crawling out from under their rocks now that it's "safe" to do so. Their objections to those of us who refuse to whitewash Ford's behavior from the last several years amounts to, "Who ya gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?"

Christ, those numbers aren't exactly impressive, are they? And how many of them are far right cranks who don't even live in Toronto? I persist in thinking that any mainstream politicos who refuse to pander to these cretins have nothing to worry about as regards any kind of backlash.
I see a lot of people now saying we should've had more compassion for him when he was alive. If I recall correctly every media narrative was urging him to go to rehab years ago when his scandal first emerged but he refused and launched some big cover up campaign. Didn't help his cause that he always presented himself as the toughest anti-drugs politicians of them all and turned out to be a huge hypocrite.

Rob Ford finally got those damn streetcars out of his way.

Screen shot 2016-03-30 at 10.09.33 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-03-30 at 10.09.33 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-03-30 at 10.09.33 AM.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 650
A friend of mine suggested that if anything has to be named for Ford, it should be Highway 27. I'd hate for anything to be named for that man, but it's pretty much inevitable, sadly.

But Highway 27? That might be the best option. Here's why:
  • It runs through part of Ward 2
  • There are almost no addresses on that roadway, making it cost-effective and minimally diruptive
  • No one lives on that road
  • Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from most of it. Ford would like that.
  • It's still a provincially-maintained highway, designated Highway 27, from the Eglinton-401-427 interchange to just south of Dixon Road. The MTO wouldn't have to replace any signage.

LeDrew just said the Cardinal would be attending (sounds like the priest from Renata's church is taking part in the service) and the Archbishop is doing the service. Good God.

LeDrew just said the Cardinal would be attending (sounds like the priest from Renata's church is taking part in the service) and the Archbishop is doing the service. Good God.
I told you Doug called the Vatican, I guess the pope was already booked. Common folks indeed.

Have you ever seen a media figure as close to a politician as Warmington is/was to Ford?

He's really been on his high horse since Rob passed, lecturing journalists about how they should've treated him, claiming Rob had won some war against a "smear campaign". Guy's a joke and he doesn't even know it.
It's tough when a lover meal train goes away.

Does anyone think that Rob actually planned his own funeral? Downtown, a procession (which right now is looking like a Ford Nation parade/pep rally) probably the most "elite" church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back