News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, re the excerpt where Doug claims to have been in the car when he heard about the crack admission - I'd thought he was at Ryerson when that hell broke loose?

That is my memory, too.

Also, it's probably a ten-minute walk from City Hall to Ryerson . . . or a thirty-minute drive, at lunchtime. Wouldn't a true man of the people relish the opportunity to walk among us?

The notion of RoFo always thinking he was going to die young strikes me as interesting--though in more of a "suicide wish" way than DoFo'll ever acknowledge. (And that goes even--especially?--for his earlier ticking-time-bomb behaviour on Council.)

I bet it was because of his weight. He was always heavy and probably thought he'd have a heart attack. I had a friend who was even heavier than Rob and he used to say he didn't expect to live past his 40s, and he was right.

I just read the excerpts, I think Doug did all the writing, it's horribly written and it sounds like it was just a straight transcript from a conversation he was having.

I bet it was because of his weight. He was always heavy and probably thought he'd have a heart attack. I had a friend who was even heavier than Rob and he used to say he didn't expect to live past his 40s, and he was right.

I just read the excerpts, I think Doug did all the writing, it's horribly written and it sounds like it was just a straight transcript from a conversation he was having.

Rob just wasn't into books - he didn't even want Filion to read Rob his own book about RoFo!

I wondered at times if RoFo didn't have a 'Death Wish'. For starters just look at that Loving Family of his and how they treated him, or his "friends and associates". In the end they all seemed so focused on the Legacy Funeral and passing the Ford mantle to Doug.

Doug is imagining himself as Prime Minister...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/doug-rob-ford-book-1.3861246

If Ford does run for office himself, he believes he has the backing of Ford Nation supporters — what he calls "the biggest bloc in Canada outside any political party."

"There are roughly 340,000 people in Ford Nation," he writes toward the end of the book. "That's just in Toronto and doesn't count the hundreds of thousands of supporters throughout the 905, 705, and 519 area codes, not to mention the rest of the country."

"I would take Rob's judgment with a shot of scotch underneath his belt than I would 44 people down at city hall, any day, any time," he added.

Well, apparently he decided to graduate to crack on that judgement. You know, the other 44 never had to run away in a basement parking lot..

Hundreds of thousands

Clearly sufficient to declare separation. They can take PEI or St. Pierre and Miquelon

AoD

So, they were "going to name names" - where are the promised tales of illicit substance (mis) use among our top politicians? I will not buy the book but if there was anything of real note I'm certain we would've heard by now.

Surprise, surprise! It seems the Sun has been given the exclusive right to tease us with excerpts from the BroFo's book:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/20/sneak-peak-at-ford-nation
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/20/sneak-peak-at-ford-nation
If these are the juiciest excerpts they could find, then the rest of the book is going to be a real slog. Here's my take for what it's worth:

— There is no evidence that Rob had any part writing this.

— Doug claims Rob never released his schedule for security reasons, regurgitates his brother's lies about his encounter with Mary Walsh, and adds a few of his own.

— The stuff about Rob's last days is genuinely sad, but of course no one cried better than Doug.
Two words about the banal content, libel lawsuit.

Even reading that excerpt makes me cringe. It's nothing more than a cheap novella. Although I still chuckle at the story of Marg Delahunty ... Mary Walsh was widely known to spring herself upon political figures and it would have been Adrienne Batra's job to brief Rob to expect that he would be punked. Despite Rob's total mishandling of the situation, it was his staff that get the #fail on that one.
Nutella-Novella, Dougie promises one thing and delivers another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back