News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods. We need a new thread. Doug Ford's Toronto / Agenda / Election Bid. We should leave Rob alone. Doug is more dangerous and has none of the grave personal short-comings and substance abuse problems that bedevilled his brother.
He's more dangerous than Rob because of his own "grave personal short-comings". He's a conceited, self-absorbed, not too bright, rich white guy. The substance abuse problems are yet to be determined.

Mods. We need a new thread. Doug Ford's Toronto / Agenda / Election Bid. We should leave Rob alone. Doug is more dangerous and has none of the grave personal short-comings and substance abuse problems that bedevilled his brother.
Yeah, but if we made one for Doug it would need to go in the Chicago forum.

Is it too early for Tory to attack Doug on this issue? If I was his strategist, I would already by putting out hits on him.

Honestly what everyone who doesn't want Doug to have a chance should be doing is just ignoring him as much as possible until closer to the election. The less media, and twitter attention, the less relevant he will stay. Attacking is exactly what he wants. It's free publicity to get fringe voters who might not even vote to look at the political platform and find something that resonates or he plays off this abundance of hate as a victim. The far Left hate is strong and the Left media bias is so abundant that while he's certainly not a victim. He is clearly being pro actively attacked (whether justified or not) and that only excites his base and brings some sympathy from those who don't pay that close of attention.

Im not sure its even possible to stop, but fascinating to see these politicians have found a way to gain votes from the people who are tying to stop him from getting votes. Tory is an intelligent guy who will pick his spots, and even he will likely defer any Ford discussion until election time.

Last edited:
. This is a recent episode of the view where Sarah Huckabee is suggesting that the media ignore trumps deficiencies to bring the country together. Kind of makes me think of a ford supporter.

The far Left hate is strong and the Left media bias is so abundant that while he's certainly not a victim.

What far left? Or are you one of those people who think anyone to the left of Mussolini is "far left"?

And as for left media bias...have you ever stopped to think why it's referred to as CPtwentyford?

Someone should tell that to his brother.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/09/08/doug-ford-will-run-for-mayor-in-2018-rematch.html

“Robbie, this one is going to be for you”

The guy is going to be trotting out his dead brother for his own political gain for the next 13 months.
Then don't feed into it.

His memory is of his younger if not littler brother. If you have a younger sibling, you know what I mean.

My memory is of a badly educated, out of his element, unsophisticated, impulsive, generally out-of-control, substance-abusing, behavior-on-edge-of-petty-criminal adult. If someone wants to lead a campaign in memory / honour of that, so be it. I hope all the memories flood back and that the electorate can see the difference. Bring it on.

What far left? Or are you one of those people who think anyone to the left of Mussolini is "far left"?

And as for left media bias...have you ever stopped to think why it's referred to as CPtwentyford?

I guess im bi-political, if that's a thing lol. I can see it both ways. Both media sides are completely politically narrated. But I believe the bias really becomes a major issue when one side has quite a bit more avenues to reach people than the other and the overwhelming narrative doesn't reflect the majority of society. The Left media octopus has a few more tentacles currently and while that probably helped them at one time in this City, the bias is a bit too much and Politicians are now using it against them.

From what I see here since Fords announcement to run, some "reporters" are making memes like the one with Fords face as a butthole lol and the attacks are in force just from him announcing. Id say anyone who started making memes at the thought of him running or looking to plot ways to attack online is very far Left. Anyhow the point was the jabs and attacks are now counter productive against the people doing them, and if they can somehow refrain enough to not talk about him at all it might produce better results.

Ford would do himself in the if media could just report without the over the top bias. Then they could never claim the they are being "attacked" and his warts would stand at the forefront with no excuse. For these types of politicians any publicity is good publicity.

Last edited:
I guess im bi-political, if that's a thing lol. I can see it both ways. Both media sides are completely politically narrated. But I believe the bias really becomes a major issue when one side has quite a bit more avenues to reach people than the other and the overwhelming narrative doesn't reflect the majority of society. The Left media octopus has a few more tentacles currently and while that probably helped them at one time in this City, the bias is a bit too much and Politicians are now using it against them.

From what I see here since Fords announcement to run, some "reporters" are making memes like the one with Fords face as a butthole lol and the attacks are in force just from him announcing. Id say anyone who started making memes at the thought of him running or looking to plot ways to attack online is very far Left. Anyhow the point was the jabs and attacks are now counter productive against the people doing them, and if they can somehow refrain enough to not talk about him at all it might produce better results.

Ford would do himself in the if media could just report without the over the top bias. Then they could never claim the they are being "attacked" and his warts would stand at the forefront with no excuse. For these types of politicians any publicity is good publicity.
1. Confirmation bias
2. Columnists aren't reporters

Honestly what everyone who doesn't want Doug to have a chance should be doing is just ignoring him as much as possible until closer to the election. The less media, and twitter attention, the less relevant he will stay. Attacking is exactly what he wants. It's free publicity to get fringe voters who might not even vote to look at the political platform and find something that resonates or he plays off this abundance of hate as a victim. The far Left hate is strong and the Left media bias is so abundant that while he's certainly not a victim. He is clearly being pro actively attacked (whether justified or not) and that only excites his base and brings some sympathy from those who don't pay that close of attention.

Im not sure its even possible to stop, but fascinating to see these politicians have found a way to gain votes from the people who are tying to stop him from getting votes. Tory is an intelligent guy who will pick his spots, and even he will likely defer any Ford discussion until election time.

Good point. No one can even raise money or campaign until next spring. Now, that won't stop Doug from unofficially campaigning.

The Left media octopus has a few more tentacles currently and while that probably helped them at one time in this City, the bias is a bit too much and Politicians are now using it against them.

[...]

Id say anyone who started making memes at the thought of him running or looking to plot ways to attack online is very far Left.

What BS. I don't know what kind of "Left media octopus" exists, but the Fords were unmitigated disasters in office, along with being pathological liars and, well, it's all documented here. They were oftimes fully enabled by the likes of CP24 and the Sun. It is not "far left" to create memes. Are you saying only communists would engage in such things? Your ideological labels are non-sensical.

If people weren't left leaning and or support the anti ford narrative they wouldn't continue to read and watch these media outlets. The media outlets aren't forcing an agenda. That's not good for business and media is a business. Instead the media gives people what they want to hear.

Reporters didn't do anything, regular citizens did, and that one is from 2014 if I remember correctly. The Fords have dug their own grave, no pun intended, with their lousy behaviour, lies and lack of compassion to anyone but themselves which is why we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back