News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voltz: With the mayor now backing Harper can we expect Ford Nation to make Toronto into a sea of Tory blue on Monday?

It will be a combination of Orange and Blue. Red will be used as an accent colour.

More specifically: Orange in the middle (except for Bob Rae's riding which will be Red) and Blue around the edges.

I'm almost morbidly curious as to how an NDP-led coalition would works as our gub'ment. Would they push our deficit into the triple digit billions in the first year or would it take them two? Would corporations be taxed at a 100% or just mid 90s? Would speaking out against unions become a felony or just a misdemeanor? Go Jack!

I'm almost morbidly curious as to how an NDP-led coalition would works as our gub'ment. Would they push our deficit into the triple digit billions in the first year or would it take them two? Would corporations be taxed at a 100% or just mid 90s? Would speaking out against unions become a felony or just a misdemeanor? Go Jack!

Haha.

Has anyone read the NDP platform?

Incredible

What will we do to ourselves by electing the perfected 20 second sound bite

Are all the solutions so evident that they can be handled by Captain Jack in 30 seconds?
Unification Will cost money
Grandparent of Immigrants will use our health care system
Lower Drug costs? How? Nationalizing Assets?
Carbon Tax? proposed at 10 cents per liter? How many companies will leave?
Increase Taxes on Corporations? Will they hire more people?

The LIB want No airplanes!
What are OUR guys flying in Libya and Afghanistan? Canadian Beavers?
Where is the War conversation? Why are we continuing in Middle East?

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/04/29/woodcock-good-riddance-to-this-election

I want responsible governance.

Hey everyone, I am afraid of the NDP and Liberals!

*links to a Toronto Sun article*

This discussion isn't related to Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto, but here are some answers:

Grandparent of Immigrants will use our health care system
In February, Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, allowed 280,636 legal immigrants into the country (highest in 50 years). He that Canada needs more newcomers working and paying taxes and contributing to our health care system and this is the focus of Canada’s immigration system. Fine. But then he also reduced the immigration targets for parents and grandparents from 15,300 in 2010 to 11,000 (family members also have to go through additional assessments that can take up to 45 months and may not even result in citizenship). The problem with this is that many new immigrants rely on their extended families, in particular parents and grandparents. By putting up barriers to citizenship for parents and grandparents, we're losing skilled labour to other countries. They are deterring the same skilled labour they're trying to attract with their bone-headed policies. We've reduced our competitiveness in the skilled labour market.

Lower Drug costs? How? Nationalizing Assets?
No, their plan is basically lifted from New Zealand, where they've set up a pharmaceutical agency to purchase drugs in bulk, negotiate with drug companies, and find inexpensive generic alternatives to brand name drugs. This has been successful in significantly reducing drug costs in NZ.

Carbon Tax? proposed at 10 cents per liter? How many companies will leave?
$0.10/L is on par with EU countries. And where will these companies supposedly flee to? America is heading in the same direction, as are most other developed and developing nations (Brazil, India, etc.).

Increase Taxes on Corporations? Will they hire more people?
The conservatives lowered corporate tax rates and jobs continued to disappear. They're rewarding companies who aren't committed to maintaining jobs here. The NDP will introduce a tax credit for new hires.

The LIB want No airplanes!
What are OUR guys flying in Libya and Afghanistan? Canadian Beavers?
Where is the War conversation? Why are we continuing in Middle East?
This seems to be an inner conflict that you need to resolve for yourself...

Last edited:
Hey, it's off topic (mostly !!!). But, relax, it will be a conservative minority, Jack won't get to flex too many muscles. And of course Iggy has no muscles to flex.

The outcome of the election will be a total change across the board - conservative and liberal leadership conventions, and of course Jack's health ain't terrific, I don't know how much longer Jack's body can stand the stresses of his type of work, but I send a huge thank-you to him, for turning this election into a truly pivotal one.

Last edited:
The NDP will be desperate to keep Jack around if these results hold. They'll not want to lose their momentum after their most successful federal election ever.

Though I guess with Mulclair the NDP has a ready-and-able leader-in-wait. Not the case for the other federal parties.

With cancer and broken bones ... I really hate to say it, but how much longer do we expect Layton to be around? With luck nothing more will happen, but these things tend to get slowly worse ...

With cancer and broken bones ... I really hate to say it, but how much longer do we expect Layton to be around? With luck nothing more will happen, but these things tend to get slowly worse ...
Layton's health doubts have ebbed

As for the cancer, Layton said his PSA levels were practically zero going into the campaign and that he's "feeling great."

I personally have no idea what's going on with his cancer and broken bones, but I suspect if things were significantly more serious, he wouldn't be on the campaign trail.

Layton's health doubts have ebbed

As for the cancer, Layton said his PSA levels were practically zero going into the campaign and that he's "feeling great."

I personally have no idea what's going on with his cancer and broken bones, but I suspect if things were significantly more serious, he wouldn't be on the campaign trail.

It's not like he's going to say he's feeling terrible. He wants to appear strong and confident so that his party stands a better chance at getting elected. If he said he felt really weak and exhausted it would leave those considering to vote NDP with doubt.

Jack had hip surgery a few weeks before the election was called. Jack looks great compared to what he looked like last year, he was pretty battered and bruised just like Michael Ignatieff's ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back