News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new source close to Councillor Bailao. She most definitely will not support the Portlands pet project and I'm told that a more Miller like approach to the deficit is being worked on by the left and centre to avoid service cuts.

The tide is turning. The rubber stamp the Fords have been used to has run dry. Expect a return to the isolation Ford was submitted to as a councillor. He'll be making noise - and will have a more prominent position to do so -- but a lot of his outrageous proposals / cancellations will not be finding council support.

Last edited:
It has been quoted that "Ford ‘absolutely’ wants to try to privatize TCHC" (see this link).

I guessing, according to Ford, going private can do no wrong.

The Star reports "Property manager bilked $20M in condo fraud, victims claim" (see this link).

More than 1,000 condo owners across Toronto fear they are on the hook for millions of dollars as victims of an alleged property fraud.

Lawyers estimate the total misappropriation may exceed $20 million.

Manzoor Moorshed Khan, president of Channel Property Management, borrowed millions against at least five buildings without their knowledge, according to documents obtained by the Star.

But Rob Ford says Toronto Community Housing can be better run when it is in private hands! Isn't he all wise and knows all?

I just hope Channel Property Management was not on the short list.

Resist the troll.

I urge everyone to email all of the councilors who support the Ford's or who are on the fence regarding their waterfront proposal to take over the Port Lands.

Here is the list of councilors: http://app.toronto.ca/im/council/councillors.jsp

Here is a list of those who need to be swayed (green and yellow): http://fordfortoronto.mattelliott.ca/2011/09/07/scorecard-port-lands/

Please write a brief and professional letter asking each councilor to NOT support the Ford's taking control of the waterfront.

I urge everyone to email all of the councilors who support the Ford's or who are on the fence regarding their waterfront proposal to take over the Port Lands.

Here is the list of councilors: http://app.toronto.ca/im/council/councillors.jsp

Here is a list of those who need to be swayed (green and yellow): http://fordfortoronto.mattelliott.ca/2011/09/07/scorecard-port-lands/

Please write a brief and professional letter asking each councilor to NOT support the Ford's taking control of the waterfront.

Here's another way to do it, though not as personal - but easier for those who are busy. I got the standard reply back from Ford's office within a few minutes that I've got when I've sent him a few emails in the past on the Jarvis bike lanes/Jarvis Street Revitalization, re-instating the Vehicle Registration Tax & stop the land transfer tax on property sales but other Councillors did reply. Here's the link - http://www.change.org/petitions/city-councillors-respect-the-peoples-plan-for-the-waterfront

My younger brother was listening to John Tory on 1010, and to briefly summarize, he said that it is normal for a mayor to lose popularity throughout his term. I can't find an audio clip, BUT WHAT MUNICIPAL POLITICIAN SEES HIS POPULARITY RATING DROP IN HALF IN LESS THAN A YEAR?!? I think Mr. Tory, who has been so moderate in his right winged views he might as well be a Liberal, has been working at CFRB a little too long.

Yeah, John Tory doesn't know what he's talking about. An approval rating in the 40s is disastrous for a municipal politician. We can already see how: it's no coincidence that councillors this week have been a lot bolder in their public criticism of the mayor.

On the Port Lands item: the mayor has already lost the vote. They've run the numbers and they don't have the support. Their next move will be some kind of face-saving compromise, either in the form of a sneaky amendment they're able to get through council or an outright deferral of the item.

On the Port Lands item: the mayor has already lost the vote. They've run the numbers and they don't have the support. Their next move will be some kind of face-saving compromise, either in the form of a sneaky amendment they're able to get through council or an outright deferral of the item.

Is there any way Ford will try to ram this through council through subversive manners? I.e. waiting until councilors are away before making the move?

Is there any way Ford will try to ram this through council through subversive manners? I.e. waiting until councilors are away before making the move?

Anything's possible, but I can't imagine that would go over very well. I'm sure councillors will be very careful not to wander too far -- and anyway, he's too many votes short of a needed majority to have much of a chance to get away with a move like that.

If anything underhanded happens, I'd expect it to come in the form of an innocuous-sounding amendment that plays into the Fords' hands. But I struggle to imagine what such an amendment might sound like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back