News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week, another cancelled weigh-in... the day after missing his radio show... the week after announcing he'll skip the Pride Parade... a few days after publicly snubbing PETA and being seen at KFC a few hours later.

I think it's safe to say, this guy cannot follow through with anything.

Another week, another cancelled weigh-in... the day after missing his radio show... the week after announcing he'll skip the Pride Parade... a few days after publicly snubbing PETA and being seen at KFC a few hours later.

I think it's safe to say, this guy cannot follow through with anything.

Did Rob pick up a diet drink when he was at the KFC? If he didn't, probably the meal wasn't for him.

For anyone that hasnt seen Rob Ford Caught at KFC
Enough already! He got some chicken, while some cruel person made fun of him. Nothing wrong with bringing home take out for supper ... or even eating junk food. The question is how much? It's quite okay to eat a small portion, even on a diet. Looking at the KFC nutrition information, it's not THAT bad, as long as you eat an appropriate amount ... the sodium is high, sure ... but that's not exactly unusual, and won't impact his diet.

Have some compassion for the man! We can criticize him and what he does, without going this far. Now if we had a video of him eating an entire chicken ... that might be a different story - but even then, isn't one allowed to fall off the wagon?

I'm actually with you nfitz, capturing & posting Ford walking into a KFC is rock bottom IMO. Medieval Times, different story... :)

It's all getting to be like this with him now

442-1-28.jpg

I love the hypocrisy of "conservative" posters (especially those of Ford Nation) on left-of-centre news websites. They ought to read this: Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes: Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact (or is it too "intelligent" for them)

Here is the New York Times article (and yes, it has comments): http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/study-suggests-the-right-is-wrong

I will become extremely blissful the day news websites no longer offer commenting. This way, people who want to comment on the news would go to the forums, where moderation is more effective in weeding out the trolls and those with extreme views.

Did you see what happened with Joel Ward. I am finishing University and I am gone from social media.

Did you see what happened with Joel Ward. I am finishing University and I am gone from social media.
Ah yes, the Twitterverse is bringing back memories of the Jim Crow Laws. The perpetrators may be a minority of the Bruins' fanbase, but they bring huge damage to civility.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the Twitterverse is bringing back memories of the Jim Crow Laws. The perpetrators may be a minority of the Bruins' fanbase, but they bring huge damage to civility.

Boston has had antagonistic relations with blacks for years but it scares me that many of those kids are not much more then 17 years old. Like I said, facebook, twitter are gone. I prefer to see my friends face to face.

Boston has had antagonistic relations with blacks for years but it scares me that many of those kids are not much more then 17 years old. Like I said, facebook, twitter are gone. I prefer to see my friends face to face.

I don't know if the antaganism, of simply being scared of them.

In the end, the vast majority of violent crimes in the US are committed by the black population, and you can't blame them for being scared, although often in an irrational and unwaranted way. If at 2 pm, I find myself followed by a man in downtown Baltimore, I would be more concerned if that man is black than if he looks Korean. So would you I guess.

I am not saying this kind of thinking is right and should be applied race-wide, but I think people do have a reason to act in a certain way. To use my previous case, we won't be afraid at all probably if the follower is a woman. Does that mean we discriminate against males? NO, it is simply statistics talking.

kkgg7:

Before you quote wikipedia and gloat - there is this to keep in mind - also Wiki-ed:

Despite this concentration of obesity, the sheer size of China's population means that over one fifth of all one billion obese people in the world come from China

and

...overall rates of obesity below 5% in the country, but greater than 20% in some cities

Those numbers doesn't look that great now does it, when keeping in mind oh what, 80% of Canadians live in urban areas. Now, since we are on the topic of healthy living...I must be reminded what the smoking rate in China is...

AoD

Last edited:
If at 2 pm, I find myself followed by a man in downtown Baltimore, I would be more concerned if that man is black than if he looks Korean. So would you I guess.

Given that downtown Baltimore is probably 50% black, you're going to have to stay out of the entire town, or only walk up and down the corridors at Johns Hopkins.

Anecdotally, one of the most fun pub crawls I've ever been on was through Baltimore, and at least two or three of the bars were mostly black clientele -- who welcomed us with open arms (and I'm a blond of Scottish descent.)

Man, you need to get out more.

As a white person, if I were in downtown Belleville followed by a young white guy, I'd be scared as heck. (And these days, I suspect that given what culture and youth culture has become, white kids can be just as ominously gangsta-threatening.)

There's now a pretty distinct possibility that we'll have an election in October -- to replace Ford. His conflict of interest trial is September 5, 6 and 7. If the judge finds Ford guilty of breaching this law, the mandatory sentence is removal from office and prohibition from running for office for up to 7 years at the discretion of the judge. If the Mayor leaves his seat, a by-election will need to be called. I bet Doug Ford would try to replace his brother and we'd probably get Adam Vaughan and Shelley Carroll flipping a coin to run. Either of them could handedly beat Doug I think. Even Rob Ford supporters don't typically like the senior Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back