News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gladly paying higher taxes is totally different from gladly donating extra.

Higher taxes means that everyone contributes more, so we can ideally have better stuff.
Donating means that you are paying more so others can ultimately pay less.

This was interesting because it is a far cry from the 1000s of Torontonians who said they would gladly pay higher taxes to prevent Mayor Ford's service cuts. I really want to know if the majority of people in this city seriously want to pay higher taxes?
When were they given the opportunity? The first tax bill since the budget only landed in my mailbox yesterday ... and I didn't off-hand notice anywhere on it to pay the extra.

When were they given the opportunity? The first tax bill since the budget only landed in my mailbox yesterday ... and I didn't off-hand notice anywhere on it to pay the extra.

I got a form with my bill last time, but it seemed so hastily thrown-together that I didn't have any confidence that my extra money would go where I wanted it to.

I got a form with my bill last time, but it seemed so hastily thrown-together that I didn't have any confidence that my extra money would go where I wanted it to.

See this link about the Voluntary Contribution Option. Can't see where you can download the form needed if you misplaced the original or didn't get one.

How many neocons contribute to the Ontario Opportunities Fund to reduce the number of tax spending going to debt servicing?

Sorry, but voluntary government contributions just don't work. Just another Sun red herring.

See this link about the Voluntary Contribution Option. Can't see where you can download the form needed if you misplaced the original or didn't get one.
So you're supposted to write a separate cheque, and put it in the envelope with the other cheques?

Do people still send their taxes in by cheque? Really? I've been paying these type of bills in a banking machine for a quarter century or so ... and on-line these days. But to make a voluntary contribution, you have to mail in a cheque, or go in person to find a cashier? Good grief, does City of Toronto still pay their employees cash every Thursday?

Doug Ford says city is "bankrupt"

See this link and this link.

Said Councillor Ford, according to the Toronto Sun:

“I know you don’t like the word bankrupt but when you owe billions of dollars more than what you’re taking in — in the private sector — you’re bankrupt."

• Toronto's "net debt", that is it's debt minus the city's "sinking fund", a reserve used to pay the debt: $2.6 billion
  • Toronto's revenues, as of 2011: $7.2 billion.

Toronto's revenue ($7.2 billion) is just less than three times its debt level ($2.6 billion). So Toronto does not "owe billions of dollars more than what [it's] taking in."

Last edited:
The degree of complete incompetence in that family is astounding. I struggle to understand how Deco Labels and Tags remains profitable.

What caught my eye in this poll is that it shows John Tory convincingly beating Ford. I'm centre/left on the political spectrum but I would vote for Tory. I think that a lot of Conservatives embarrassed by Ford and afraid of his damage to their brand would quickly jump behind John Tory. He's a reasonable progressive conservative and I think our best shot at ridding this city of Ford and his bizarro world of politics in Toronto.

Last edited:
What caught my eye in this poll is that it shows John Tory convincingly beating Ford. I'm centre/left on the political spectrum but I would vote for Tory. I think that a lot of Conservatives embarrassed by Ford and afraid of his damage to their brand would quickly jump behind John Tory. He's a reasonable progressive conservative and I think our best shot at ridding this city of Ford and his bizarro world of politics in Toronto.

Any chance Tory could run a campaign without shooting himself in the foot? Maybe the radio gig will have taught him something? Remember, we have Ford for a mayor because his handlers run a solid campaign with a candidate who was really not allowed to speak publicly. They will try that gambit again. Tory has yet to show that he can keep himself on message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back