News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, our mayor is clueless about the situation and has no idea how to fix it or improve the situation. He's just grasping at straws, spouting the same stupidity everyone else does. It's not really his fault, he just happens to be intellectually deficient for his job. In a month or so the film festival will come to town and we'll all forget about gang violence anyway, so we'll all forget about Ford doing nothing.

Well said. The best case scenario for everyone is that the current situation fizzles out. Less violence is good for the communities involves and Ford's whacko statements will be long forgotten.

His whacko statements shouldn't be forgotten the next time we go to the polls.

If whoever runs against Ford decides to use televised attack ads, they're going to need a 2 hour prime time special. Maybe it could be a telethon.... pledge some money to the opposing candidates.

His whacko statements shouldn't be forgotten the next time we go to the polls.

That's where the dippers have it all wrong. I can guarantee you the more an opposing candidate picks on his well known gaffs, the more popular he will be - It's an ever perplexing situation. Look at what happened in the last election, the Toronto Star took it onto themselves to dedicate the entire paper at slinging mud and look at where it got them?

Toronto will need a mayoral candidate that can rise above the personal pettiness (so kiss Carroll and Vaughan goodbye to that) and actually address the problems and try to provide real solutions that plague this city. Talk about traffic congestion, lack of long term fiscal stability, ever growing police budget, etc.

Last edited:
I didn't say his whacko statements had to be the focus of the campaign, just that they shouldn't be forgotten. You can remind people of your opponent's stance (such as it is) without being petty ... although unfortunately pettiness does seem to be the order of the day during campaigns.

Would it be too much to expect the Chief Magistrate to be able to pass a remedial high school civics course?

Great, so the village idiot thinks we can deport all the gang members. I guess no one who was born and raised in Canada would ever join a gang. And oops, big surprise, he gets something wrong ...
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cit...ttawa-s-help-to-deport-convicted-gang-members

A Rob Ford quote on tonight's news (grammar is exactly as quoted) - "I don't believe, uh, in these programs, I call them 'hug-a-thug' programs and they haven't been very productive in the past and I don't know why there continues with it, that money should be spent on, uh, people paying less taxes" - Rob Ford, July 19 2012

I don't know about anyone else, but he continues to surprise and render me temporarily senseless.

Last edited:
A Rob Ford quote on tonight's news (grammar is exactly as quoted) - "I don't believe, uh, in these programs, I call them 'hug-a-thug' programs and they haven't been very productive in the past and I don't know why there continues with it, that money should be spent on, uh, people paying less taxes" - Rob Ford, July 19 2012

I don't know about anyone else, but he continues to surprise and render me temporarily senseless.

To echo everyone else's statements, Mayor Ford's own stubbornness is his biggest downfall. It seems that if 'he doesn't believe in' or 'it's not his opinion' then it's the "be all and end all of decisions". It's hilarious to hear him say these things, yet the residents of these nieghbourhoods are saying that grants and community programs are whats needed to bring stability and peace.

It's also interesting to see (mind you only on Twitter and Facebook) the amount of downtowners that are genuinely concerned about the well being of people in these affected neighbourhoods. To further that, not just downtown but the rest of Toronto talking about 'what are we to do about safety in our city".

But I thought downtowners don't care about the suburbs and vice versa.
Surely, this current administration made me believe so. :p

If you ask me, the biggest thing we could do to curb the gang problem would be to legalize pot (and maybe even all other street drugs). Remove their source of income and they won't be as attractive to youth any more, nor will they be able to afford to import their guns. Not that it's his decision, but I doubt that our mayor would be in favour of that either.

Would it be too much to expect the Chief Magistrate to be able to pass a remedial high school civics course?
Given the number of times he dropped out of first-year university ... yes, it is likely too much to expect. Rob Ford is clearly of significantly below average intelligence.

dt, that is so well said!!!

k10:

Considering the latter's creative interpretation of parliamentary procedures, re: prorogue and opposition "coup", I am sure he is the best person to learn it from.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back