8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the Danforth incident, I thought the following:

Rob is mentally and physically exhausted and he want this all to be over. But he is Doug's tool, and Doug won't let that that happen.

While Rob is not the sharpest pencil, he knows that he is in over his head. I bet he wonders how the hell this happened to him. He was happily chasing cockroaches, and then he awakes and he's mayor........

What is this board's opinion of David Soknacki?

I'm trying to learn more about him, but I'm very interested in a candidate who isn't Ford, Chow, Tory, Stintz, or DMW.

I know he got a robocall last night.

His twitter feed shows him counting the days till the election.

Last edited:
A few of my "conservative" friends have been attending fundraisers for Soknacki over the last few weeks. He seems very well organized, and he has deep pockets personally, hopefully he will take votes that Ford got in 2010. At this point, I'm for anybody but Ford. On election day, I'll probably vote with whoever can beat Ford. Sad way to think, but I just don't think I could deal with 4 more years of the insanity. ( If Ford survives until the election, anyone going up against him had better be ready for a very DIRTY campaign, even without Nick Kouvalis.)

My understanding is that election law violations can only be prosecuted/examined after the election takes place.

My understanding is that election law violations can only be prosecuted/examined after the election takes place.

Jonathan Goldsbie did a good article on this a couple weeks back. It is true that violations of the Municipal Elections Act can only be punished until after the election, which gives candidates every incentive to sin first and ask forgiveness later.

However, using city resources to campaign (ie. using a city hall phone number to make robocalls), is is covered by the Code of Conduct and can be investigated pre-election.

Having not seen any polls, I'd predict Tory, easily. Tory takes all of Ford's support place a lot of moderates. And without Ford in the race, the left has less of a reason to unify around Chow. As someone who would prefer Tory over Chow (or Ford obviously), that's why I hope Ford doesn't make it to election day as a viable candidate. Tory's got a better shot at beating Chow without Ford splitting the right and unifying the left.

I though Tory and the Fords (maybe the mother) where on good terms. Tory has also remained restrained in his comments of Ford. I do not see the two of them running for the majors seat.

John Tory will not be running unless ford is arrested and can't run.

John Tory is a 3 time perenial loser and probably doesn't want something that isn't a sure thing.

his "average guy" "working for the folks" BS is just a transparently dishonest ruse, a ridiculous schtick that only the most clueless and gullible citizens of the city still believe in.

The response from Forgotten is going to be ignored. People like him/her are no longer dealing with reality, and frankly I have heard the same lies over and over again, so I don't take them seriously and I refuse to respond to such silliness. Their minds aren't going to change and the lies sure won't me make me change my perception of Ford as an over-entitled frat boy with a victim complex.

The response from Forgotten is going to be ignored. People like him/her are no longer dealing with reality, and frankly I have heard the same lies over and over again, so I don't take them seriously and I refuse to respond to such silliness. Their minds aren't going to change and the lies sure won't me make me change my perception of Ford as an over-entitled frat boy with a victim complex.

Forgotten is a satirist, and a master of voice. It's subtle, but there are many clues.

The best indication that Ford is about to be arrested (pace MetroMan) is the news that Tory has decided to run. Tory, who is undoubtedly better plugged in than any of us, has concluded that Ford will be a nonfactor in the next election.

The best indication that Ford is about to be arrested (pace MetroMan) is the news that Tory has decided to run. Tory, who is undoubtedly better plugged in than any of us, has concluded that Ford will be a nonfactor in the next election.

Is this confirmed by Tory?

I though Tory and the Fords (maybe the mother) where on good terms. Tory has also remained restrained in his comments of Ford.

Of course...cause he supported Ford in the last election. You really don't need to delve any farther into Tory's non-existant political past to know he's an idiot...he supported Rob Ford.

John Tory is a 3 time perenial loser and probably doesn't want something that isn't a sure thing.

That's why he likes to stick to pretending to be a politician on his radio show, and getting appointed to sit on boards and committees (thanks to his late daddy's influence).

Having listened to the audio of the Councillor Ainslie robocall, it is very clearly a deliberate campaign call -- promoting his slate of councillors -- and therefore a blatant violation of election laws. Given his history of repeated election violations, this constitutes a demonstrable disrespect for the law. Besides a fine, Ford could be barred from running in the next election. I don't want that to happen because Ford needs to be defeated in the next election and dealt with once and for all but it's a real possibility at this point.

No worries, since when has Ford ever been held accountable for his blatant screw-ups and inability to follow rules? Never. Nothing will come of this, same as all the other times.

Scarborough has Fords back. There is no way we will ever let Ainslie get re-elected after he sold out Scarborough with his LRT vote. Everyone here cant wait till the next election....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back