News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Rob Ford is walking away. We don't know how he's going to play this (sombre apologies most likely then the bully gene will kick in and he'll get all tough) but he isn't going anywhere. In a perfect world the video will be released by the court next summer or early fall, as a reminder just in time for the election.

Agreed.

Zero percent chance that he'd resign... and maybe a 2% chance that he'd take a temporary leave of absence for 'personal reasons'. But he isn't giving up the job - no way in hell. The only way to get rid of him is for the voters to do so.

Oh this is even better:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

Mayor Rob Ford just left City Hall #TOpoli

Shortest work day *ever*! Blair really need to hold more press conferences.

AoD

Considering what a big supporter you were of Ford's, I'm not surprised to hear you say that but then again, your support of Ford does bring your judgement into question. Anyone who voted for Ford must feel pretty foolish right about now. I hate to say we told you so but...

I don't think you quite understood my intentions (then again, I don't believe you have the capacity to understand much of anything).

Cheers!

Oh this is even better:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

Mayor Rob Ford just left City Hall #TOpoli

Shortest work day *ever*! Blair really need to hold more press conferences.

AoD
But, but, he said he was going back into his office to return phone calls and run the city ....

Clayton Ruby is on Newstalk 1010 voicing the EXACT same concerns that I have re: Toronto Police investigation!

Good point, but modern Windows OS's don't update NTFS file access times any more (for performance reasons). However, other things can happen when a drive is mounted (e.g. Recycle Bin might be created for the current user.) Personally, I would use "dd" under Linux to make a byte-for-byte copy of the drive, without mounting any partitions. I wouldn't risk connecting the original drive to a Windows PC, because of auto-mounting and the possibility of writing to the drive and overwriting data (as you said).
You know talking about all this has given me the urge to get back into this professionally. It's been a few years since I did any forensic work for legal purposes (all civil, not criminal). Since then it's just been hardware failure recovery, but I always did have a Secret Squirrel gene. Perfect new direction for my oncoming mid-life crisis! :D

Interesting that its mainly the right wingers on council who have been calling for his resignation. I take it that the left wants to say so but it could come off as opportunistic.

I bet ya Doug Holiday is happy he left at the right time.

Just got this email blast from Mihevc:

Friends,

This is a sad day for the City of Toronto. As a Torontonian, and as a City Councillor for more than 20 years, it pains me to see the City of Toronto in the situation we currently face, and to see Council and the City of Toronto cast in this light on national television.

It is very unfortunate that the City and its residents have once again been thrown into such a state of uncertainty.

The Mayor of Toronto has a profound credibility problem. He is going to have to face Torontonians, and Council.

Our City deserves better.

Sincerely,

Councillor Joe Mihevc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back