News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
a tweet from a Ford ally:
Cesar Palacio ‏@cllrpalacio 3m
#toPoli #ward17 #onpoli I strongly encourage Mayor Ford 2 take "leave of absence" 2 clear the air of these allegations 4 well being of City!

Did he tweet a Prince song?

So Luby,Bailao, Doucette and Palacio are the only ones to have come out and say he needs to step down. Where's Vaughan, Perks, Mihevic?

No he didn't.

Basically, he assumes that the reporters haven't smoked crack, so it's not possible for them to tell the difference between crack and, say, pot. Or tobacco.

Okay, well it's a relief he didn't resort to a troll-level argument ('I mean, really, what's the big deal? Lots of people have smoked crack'). But to suggest that it's something else that's less harmful is not making it any better. If it's not as bad as crack and there is video of Ford smoking it, why wouldn't Ford fess up in the same way he admitted to smoking lots of weed?

You can smoke heroin, right?

Quimby: Watch it, you walking tub of donut batter!
Wiggum: Hey, I got pictures of you, Quimby.
Quimby: You don't scare me. That could be anyone's ass!

the lemur:

Smoking (best case - weed) isn't a big deal - smoking with truly shady dealers that has subsequently involved themselves in murder? Big deal. Business transactions is one thing - close personal relationships is another.

AoD

Last edited:
To those that believe it was weed that Ford smoked need to watch this video:
[video=youtube;Ra4edICzMHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4edICzMHE[/video]
At the 32 second mark you can clearly see that smoking weed in the same way as crack DOES NOT WORK.

Silly Ford, round bowl pipes are for Meth! *cough*

Actually, I'm surprised no-one is talking about that particular drug, since it is endemic all around. It also fits, like any dreadful stimulant, all the categories: euphoria, supposed invincibility, grandomania, anger issues, paranoia, inability to stick to schedules, exacerbation of extant ADD & OCD tendencies, long manic highs followed by dreadful lengthy crashes, etc. The only thing it might not square with, regarding the Fords, is that being basically speed, it's a powerful appetite supressant and potent slimming assistant.

Last edited:
Corporate insulation? Maybe. Trusts? Not so much.

Never underestimate the power of those with money to avoid taxes and liability. A smart lawyer/financial planner combo can do things that would make your head spin and your sense of moral indignation explode.
Oh I know, all too well. (No, I'm not a trust fund baby). The issue with the trust would come vis-a-vis the income, not the principal.

In reality, even if the Star was wildly successful in its suit, I doubt the award would destitute the Fords, but it will hurt and trying to avoid collection with fancy financial tricks will cause them even more stress and, who knows, might end up leaving them open to charges for financial shenanigans.

Last edited:
Quimby: Watch it, you walking tub of donut batter!
Wiggum: Hey, I got pictures of you, Quimby.
Quimby: You don't scare me. That could be anyone's ass!

If only the monorail had got built, we'd be there.

I ama no longer illiterate.

Parker:

Well, he got the mayor he deserved, sharing the street with him. I do hope that his choice friends pay him more visits though, because I am sure sustained "activities" would increase the value of the property in question.

AoD
that and the influx of buses loaded with tourists on the "Toronto Crack Mayor Highlights" tour. Like the Watergate tour in Washington, with fewer three-piece suits.

Silly Ford, round bowl pipes are for Meth! *cough*

Actually, I'm surprised no-one is talking about that particular drug, since it is endemic all around. It also fits, like any dreadful stimulant, all the categories: euphoria, supposed invincibility, grandomania, anger issues, paranoia, inability to stick to schedules, exacerbation of extant ADD & OCD tendencies, long manic highs followed by dreadful lengthy crashes, etc. The only thing it might not square with, regarding the Fords, is that being basically speed, it's a powerful appetite supressant and potent slimming assistant.

Well in the court of public opinion meth and crack are on a similar level anyways. But the dealers would have just said it was meth if it was meth. Also I think being a functional (well semi-functional) crack user is easier than being a functional meth user. Rob would just be way more wrecked at this point if he was on meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back