News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, birds does not mean stool pigeons per se.

It's a mafia term -- but specific to the North American mafia (Ndrangheta, Cosa Nostra, etc... out of NYC, Montreal, Hamilton --yes, the Hammer is a mafia hub -- and Toronto.

It's a generic insult. Once upon a time it may have come from a derivation of stool pigeon, but now it's just an insult commonly used without a specific intent anymore i.e., "That guy is a fuckin' bird".

It's almost like "goof" in prison -- it has an original etymology, but now it's just the holy-of-holies of insults.

You guys will have to take my word for it. Many years of working in rehab, and also being Italian, I'm familiar with it and when he said it -- it was like a thunderbolt. Clearly a guy who is or is in frequent contact with gansters (which we already knew). And if you can't take my word for it, I'LL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYES AND RIP OUT YOUR THROAT IN MY UNDYWEARS BLAAAAARGH!

also, remember, in the Danforth video, he uses the word 'brother' when talking to people of African descent. His use of 'brother' here has nothing to do with Hulk Hogan (as was previously suggested) - the person he's talking to offscreen is of African descent.

Birds chirp ...chirp.. talk too much.

He is pissed of at someone specific even if he is hopped up. He is ranting about something specific and I think about the Globe article maybe...timing seems right. Or Doolittle and Donovan maybe?

But he is expressing that "it hurts" for he and his brother(s) to be called liars and thieves and birds. What does he think it means for him to be called a bird (not to mention in a triplet with liar and thief)?

That video was taped with a camera pointed at a cellphone playing the original video. That yellow bar you see at times is the camera taking in the top of the iPhone that is actually playing the video. Not sure what it means - just an interesting point.

Also, The Toronto Star might have been working on context but felt pressured to release it sooner because The Sun did. I'm sure The Star is still working on context.

Oh, I see. That explains the zooming in -- I don't know if you could do that if you were filming in secret

The yellow frame is in fact the case of another phone (most likely an iPhone). This video was taken by recording it while it played on another phone. It isn't the original video, hence no timestamp.

He talks about the little racist fuck, could be Kevin Donovan? The boys criticized the Star for thier implication of the Somali community on their radio show following the original story.

No, he's talking about how he'd like to do violence to someone he perceives as slandering him. Could be any number of journalists or councillors that he's referring to.

Even then, the only way that would get any real negative traction is if the person he's talking about is Robyn Doolittle

As for Doug being the one to tell him step down...he won't. Without Rob in the big chair, the spotlight would just further shine on the fact that Doug hasn't done a single thing of any note as a councilor to warrant any talk about him for bigger politics

It's a mafia term -- but specific to the North American mafia (Ndrangheta, Cosa Nostra, etc... out of NYC, Montreal, Hamilton --yes, the Hammer is a mafia hub -- and Toronto.

It's a generic insult. Once upon a time it may have come from a derivation of stool pigeon, but now it's just an insult commonly used without a specific intent anymore i.e., "That guy is a fuckin' bird".

It's almost like "goof" in prison -- it has an original etymology, but now it's just the holy-of-holies of insults.

You guys will have to take my word for it. Many years of working in rehab, and also being Italian, I'm familiar with it and when he said it -- it was like a thunderbolt. Clearly a guy who is or is in frequent contact with gansters (which we already knew). And if you can't take my word for it, I'LL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYES AND RIP OUT YOUR THROAT IN MY UNDYWEARS BLAAAAARGH!

True too. "Ahhhh, that guy's a effing bird". It's an insult and meant to tell the other person that the "bird" is nobody, not to be taken seriously kinda thing.

Thank you. That certainly fits.

Norm Kelly the apologist:

"I've played football and hockey when I was in my teens, language of the locker room" -Norm Kelly #topoli

Cute - simultaneously attempting to minimize the outburst AND connect with a segment of the electorate.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back