News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last day in California. Making a purchase in a jewelry store, handing as much coin as I can since I can't cash in coins, salesgirl asks where I'm from "Toronto". Immediately a Japanese tourist to my left said "the city with the disgraceful mayor" "uh...yeah" "why can't the citizen's insist he step aside?" "unfortunately, we can't do that. We will have a rally next week, though" "Good. If I lived there, I'd be there with you". Visited a surf shop right after, was asked where I'm from. "Wow. You have one fucked up mayor". I think I've bowed my head in shame enough. Get the fuck out of my City, Ford. *pardon language....its just so embarrassing*

I fantasize about a mob of 10,000 pitchfork wielding people rushing into City Hall and into the mayor's to demand the Ford's resignation. It would be incredible. But the sane part of me knows that isn't the right way to do things in this city. The soonest we can have Ford removed through legal methods will be next Wednesday. And I'm sure that it will happen. :eek:

Anyone care to enlighten me as to where David Price is these days? 130k a year for a ghost? And does anyone yet know what he really does?

I'm guessing he now "works from home" after the go train incident... Maybe the transit police put him under house arrest.

Ford Nation in a nutshell:

Ford%20Nation.png

I think they're joking. I hope they're joking. Are they joking?

The username 'Sane Guy' makes me think it's a joke.

maybe...

From the (excellent) toronto life story:

John Tory discovered it in 2003, when he was running for mayor against David Miller. Advised that he ought to seek out the blessing of Ford’s father, who was then regarded as the reigning power broker in Etobicoke, Tory arranged a lunch date with the retired MPP. When he arrived, he found Doug Sr. waiting to size him up along with Diane and all three of their burly blond sons. After an hour of pleasant chatter, Diane Ford got to the point. “She said, ‘Well, we think you’re a pretty good fellow and we’re going to support you for mayor,’ †Tory recalls. “ ‘You can serve for a couple of terms and then it’ll be Robbie’s turn.€™ â€

I fantasize about a mob of 10,000 pitchfork wielding people rushing into City Hall and into the mayor's to demand the Ford's resignation. It would be incredible. But the sane part of me knows that isn't the right way to do things in this city. The soonest we can have Ford removed through legal methods will be next Wednesday. And I'm sure that it will happen. :eek:

At this point all I care about is the task getting done.

AoD

I don't ever have much sympathy for Rob Ford, although that could always have conceivably changed if he ever actually understood that actions have consequences and did something to show that, like oh, resign. However, after watching his mom and sister on CP24 I couldn't help but begin to feel a tad for him. It's clear what is going on and it's sad. He's now just a pawn in their game for Doug, even if it means his life.

From the (excellent) toronto life story:

John Tory discovered it in 2003, when he was running for mayor against David Miller. Advised that he ought to seek out the blessing of Ford’s father, who was then regarded as the reigning power broker in Etobicoke, Tory arranged a lunch date with the retired MPP. When he arrived, he found Doug Sr. waiting to size him up along with Diane and all three of their burly blond sons. After an hour of pleasant chatter, Diane Ford got to the point. “She said, ‘Well, we think you’re a pretty good fellow and we’re going to support you for mayor,’ †Tory recalls. “ ‘You can serve for a couple of terms and then it’ll be Robbie’s turn.€™ â€

Well if there's any good news to come of all this Ford Nation pretty much imploded today. The news takes us into the "heart" of Ford Nation and people are REALLY angry when shown the video, and I mean supremely pissed. Hopefully that crack video will see the light of day and seal the deal. Everyone will see him huffing back some crack, as expected (by some), but when they hear the racist remarks and him calling Trudeau a fag (they likely aren't following closely enough to know about those annoying little details), the deal is definitely done. We may have to put up with another year of Ford but there's no way he will be Mayor again.

I'm guessing he now "works from home" after the go train incident... Maybe the transit police put him under house arrest.

Oh, really? Know where he lives, by any chance? I'd love to go see him at work....a sort of....performance review. I mean, I do help pay his laughable salary. Or do I? Am I a "taxpayer" or a "downtown elitist"? I don't know any more. I pay taxes but I buy tea at Starbucks. And I live "downtown". I'm so confused. :p

Ford Nation really needs to look at the mirror. Comedians around the world are mocking the fair city of Toronto because of Ford Nation.

I bet that Ford Nation does not subscribe to the Comedy channel, because they thought that everyone is a pinko (including the more conservative comedians).

Oh, really? Know where he lives, by any chance? I'd love to go see him at work....a sort of....performance review. I mean, I do help pay his laughable salary. Or do I? Am I a "taxpayer" or a "downtown elitist"? I don't know any more. I pay taxes but I buy tea at Starbucks. And I live "downtown". I'm so confused. :p

Ah the questions we must ask ourselves.

why whats happening next Wednesday?

is the province finally stepping in?

That's when Council is meeting again.

A motion will (apparently) be voted on to ask the province to remove Ford as mayor. It will then be up to the province to comply.

If that doesn't work, I'm assuming that Council will vote on a motion to strip Ford of all his mayoral powers for the remainder of the term. He will be mayor in name only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back