News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wynne said if council appeals to QP to remove Ford, she will entertain it. Would consult with PC and NDP first.

What did Wynne say? I missed the English only caught the French (because yeah, that's useful to us in Toronto. I get it, bilingual province. But do you think Cornwall or the Ottawa Valley really gives a fuck?)

Just said that Toronto will not be defined by one politician (who smokes crack)

edit: BobBob, did I miss that part?

Wynne said if council appeals to QP to remove Ford, she will entertain it. Would consult with PC and NDP first.

Which is at least some movement. I think a better response would be to not make this about Ford directly, but instead to say the province will give all cities the tools to handle these kind of situations. The less this is made directly about Toronto, the more likely she'll get opposition support.

That said, she's now given council a clear path -- the next thing they need to do is ask the province to act.

Niagara Falls is the closest US airport to Toronto.

Spirit is the RyanJet of the US, and like RyanJet, Spirit cuts costs as much as possible. Niagara Falls International is a very cheap airport to fly out of.

I assume you mean RyanAir :)

She said more than that. She said if council votes that it's crippled she will turf his fat ass.

She played that well, respected the gravity of the situation and the risky and drastic nature of the province intervening.

Right on. There are new precedents being set every day here. Most of us didn't know Toronto mayors could do any of this stuff and get away with it, but apparently they can. Does City Council want to allow these precedents to stand, or reject them by necessary changes to law?

Actually, we should let him continue to dig his own grave. It's only been 2 weeks since the story broke, but look how far we've come! Honestly, today was the first day that I scanned the comments pages of the newspapers and there weren't Ford Nation types dragging up excuses to defend him. I guess good ol' fashioned infidelity was the straw that broke the camel's back!

If we would have had him removed before today, he would have gone down as a martyr among a large enough segment of the population. Let's allow him to be mayor for a few more weeks. I'm willing to let this circus continue if it ensures that he never ever has legitimacy again.

When/where in the video does the punch happen?

better vid here - [video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1972FAE45C1012823076813041664_129e179f8fb.4.3.1526 2777611670635249_Gk6zd9U_lmFaAsR48Q6KbaANW6gNYQjvg jF.3LDQMqrf.dE2sZjj5FMN46bzqepW.mp4?versionId=L6v8 t8tBgpEXyv9TkgAMEphU28.HbGHN[/video]

As expected. The NDP and Conservatives have a lot of allies on council. I hope they can convince them to come to an agreement where there is support for his removal from all three parties.

More than consult, she wants consensus. I don't know if that means there would need to be a unanimous vote in the legislature or not though. It would probably make sense. Then Hudak couldn't say at some future point, well, I didn't support the province intervening in municipal affairs.

She's set the bar high. I think she said consensus on council as well.

I still think my no confidence motion power with a snap mayoral election is the best solution. Can be applied evenly across the province, can have a high threshold for passing or for hearing it, which eliminates frivolous recall attempts, and it means toronto councillors and ultimately torontonians make the decision, as opposed to the province, so that eliminates all this "precedent" talk. All they'd be doing is granting a power that other levels of government already have.

Wynne said she would take action if Council were not able to function. I am watching the live stream of today's council meeting and the proceedings are moving along as usual. Rob Ford's personal problems will only adversely effect the business of council if other council members let them. They need to stay focused on the job they were elected to do.

Wynne said she would take action if Council were not able to function. I am watching the live stream of today's council meeting and the proceedings are moving along as usual. Rob Ford's personal problems will only adversely effect the business of council if other council members let them. They need to stay focused on the job they were elected to do.

I don't like this standard. There are other mayoral functions beyond council. In fact you could argue his council duties are the least important of his mayor-specific responsibilities since they're basically the same as any other councillor. It's what we're losing by not having a mayor accurately representing the city for economic development, for the backroom wrangling of coucillors to reach consensus in council, for the obvious shitshow his presence in the mayor's office creates, the evens he sucks all the life out of just by being there... his council privileges are the least of my concerns...

better vid here - [video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1972FAE45C1012823076813041664_129e179f8fb.4.3.1526 2777611670635249_Gk6zd9U_lmFaAsR48Q6KbaANW6gNYQjvg jF.3LDQMqrf.dE2sZjj5FMN46bzqepW.mp4?versionId=L6v8 t8tBgpEXyv9TkgAMEphU28.HbGHN[/video]

That's a different incident and security person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back