News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I wanted to comment on: Like many of you, I think it's something of a minor miracle Ford hasn't seriously hurt (or killed) random bystanders while driving under the influence. If nothing else, I hope he gets nailed by this at some point. Can the police charge him well after the fact?

But I found myself thinking about this in regards to the whole rehab 'option.' If the Fords' master plan is still to have Fat Boy waddle off for a couple of weeks/a month, and then re-emerge all (heh, heh) "clean and sober," well...What happens if his luck finally runs out during this so-called period of recovery? Which is to say: If he's caught red-handed driving while drunk or coked out of his tits (or both), and at the bare minimum, seriously injures someone? What if he crashes into another car with kids in it? And what if this happens while he's vacationing at the family bunker the Fords reportedly have in Florida? Wouldn't the U.S. cops be likely to view the rotten sack of shit with a very cold eye?

It feels almost ghoulish even speculating about this, and God knows I wouldn't want any innocent bystanders to pay the price for Ford's selfish irresponsibility. But it could happen.

200px-Mark_Zuckerberg_1984_Berlin_Graffiti.jpg

Big Brother is watching. By coincidence (or was it fate), said person was born in the same year as the setting of Orwell's famous novel.

Agreed. My husband is French and used to complain he never heard it spoken; now he hears it all time.

I only recall hearing it once this year. However I haven't exactly been looking out for French speakers either. I wonder what's behind this potential increase of Francophones in Toronto.

Ahhh, it helps expedite bills through readings by avoiding debates and committee, where I presume, there is consensus to do so--at least in a party system. ;)

Something else I wanted to comment on: Like many of you, I think it's something of a minor miracle Ford hasn't seriously hurt (or killed) random bystanders while driving under the influence. If nothing else, I hope he gets nailed by this at some point. Can the police charge him well after the fact?

But I found myself thinking about this in regards to the whole rehab 'option.' If the Fords' master plan is still to have Fat Boy waddle off for a couple of weeks/a month, and then re-emerge all (heh, heh) "clean and sober," well...What happens if his luck finally runs out during this so-called period of recovery? Which is to say: If he's caught red-handed driving while drunk or coked out of his tits (or both), and at the bare minimum, seriously injures someone? What if he crashes into another car with kids in it? And what if this happens while he's vacationing at the family bunker the Fords reportedly have in Florida? Wouldn't the U.S. cops be likely to view the rotten sack of shit with a very cold eye?

It feels almost ghoulish even speculating about this, and God knows I wouldn't want any innocent bystanders to pay the price for Ford's selfish irresponsibility. But it could happen.

It is ghoulish speculating about it. The thing is, idly conjouring hypotheses, however wild or unsavory, about what Ford will do next is hardly necessary - every day brings fresh hell, all of it Ford's making. Just trying to keep up with this frothy spew is enough.

Toronto Sun:

“He has already diminished his own reputation by those public statements that he has used and purchased illicit drugs,” said MacGregor, who successfully defended Richard Newman — once featured on American’s Most Wanted — on a first-degree murder charge in the slaying of security guard Rhoan Gooden at a Scarborough club in August 2002. Newman, now 42, was acquitted by a jury in 2010.
“Ford has lessened any damages to his reputation by those comments. If someone tossed a grenade into an empty backyard and it exploded, there would be little cost because all it created was an empty hole,” MacGregor said.
If respected homicide investigator, Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux is on this case, there has to be a bigger end game,” said Goldkind, who represents Gardens sex predator Gordon Stuckless."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/14/ford-cant-sue-anyone-for-telling-the-truth-lawyer-says

Wow - just watched the video on cbc of his latest apology, done with Renata at his side. Her body language is incredible - she sighs, frowns, rolls her eyes, moves away from him - and then at the end she turns and leaves the room without acknowledging him in the slightest.

My non-lawyer understanding is no. There would need to be something similar to possession. He would need to have been caught in the act or with the substance for someone to be able to prove definitively that he was drunk driving.

This is why I'm pi$$ed at the police. He was probably driving around wasted on a combination of god knows what and they didn't stop him. Unless they were/are pursuing murder charges they should have stopped him. He could easily kill someone if he's wasted all the time and driving. The guy has absolutely no respect for the rights of anyone else. Then again, why should he? He's never been held responsible for anything.

Wow - just watched the video on cbc of his latest apology, done with Renata at his side. Her body language is incredible - she sighs, frowns, rolls her eyes, moves away from him - and then at the end she turns and leaves the room without acknowledging him in the slightest.

All he has to do is say "I resign."
Two little words.
He'd rather drag his wife and kids through this and blame the media.

My non-lawyer understanding is no. There would need to be something similar to possession. He would need to have been caught in the act or with the substance for someone to be able to prove definitively that he was drunk driving.

This is why I'm pi$$ed at the police. He was probably driving around wasted on a combination of god knows what and they didn't stop him. Unless they were/are pursuing murder charges they should have stopped him. He could easily kill someone if he's wasted all the time and driving. The guy has absolutely no respect for the rights of anyone else. Then again, why should he? He's never been held responsible for anything.
Let's say hypothetically he hit and killed someone while driving drunk, and being tailed by police... what then? Would the police be responsible as well for not stopping him when they knew/suspected he had been drinking? The police need to answer to this.

All he has to do is say "I resign."
Two little words.
He'd rather drag his wife and kids through this and blame the media.

It was weird that she has been almost entirely left out of this stuff but she appeared at a press conference and then, when the media asked her questions, said she wanted privacy. Yeesh, well who dragged you out here? (I mean, it's obvious, but still...)

Also, pardon me if this was mentioned upthread, but Ford is confusing two incidents. He said (IIRC) he had BANGED Olivia G's pussy but wanted to EAT the "box" of a security guard at city hall. I know things were pretty crazy on that night but the man can't even keep his alleged remarks straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back