News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I've been stuck in our building's elevators and press the help button,the call goes to the monitoring company (once I got a "sorry, that mailbox is full" message -- WTF?), but on one occasion security intercepted the call and got me out so it is theoretically possible that it was all in house. That said, either Ford or the woman from the Club should have identified themselves and had a message sent. This didn't seem to happen which makes the story rather suspicious

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...canada-as-mayor-over-an-hour-late-for-speech/

The last sentence in the article said a guest leaving the venue used the elevator to leave
I would assume a hotel would have more than one elevator. And service elevators. Steve Paikin ‏tweeted this photo, looks like a service elevator to me:
Ber1zeDCYAA-UYI.jpg:large

So the president of the economic club is in on the conspiracy? Did she arrive at the hotel before Ford and hide in a broom closet so nobody would see her until Ford was ready to come out out of the bathroom where he was doing lines? Or was she in her car heading towards the hotel and got a call from Ford's staff saying "wait 45 minutes, please". Unless someone says that they saw the president during the time she was supposed to be in the elevator, I'm going to believe Ford on this one. Even though a huge part of me doesn't want to.

He was well over an hour late, it was 4 mins. away. If the elevator story is true, and it may well be, they were in a back service elevator that may not have all the amenities of a public one, and I know my phone only works in *some* elevators. But there is still at least 20 mins. missing...

Also, 45 minutes stuck in an elevator for the Mayor of the city, who's due to give a speech, is a BIG DEAL. I'm not saying everyone involved is lying to cover up for him (and by extension themselves), but---yeah, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Looong time lurker who works in a hotel. I call BS on the elevator being stuck. 1) If the elevator was stuck, in that massive property, engineering would notice why it was not moving. 2) It would have been communicated to the event that the president of the eco club and the mayor were stuck in this elevator 3) hoteliers never cast the guest in a bad light, certainly not the mayor and the president of the eco club 4) that hotel has WiFi and even if the cell signal does not work the WiFi may and I find it very hard to believe that this message would not have been sent out somehow 5) the help button would have been pressed and the monitoring company would have called front desk. 6) front desk and operations would have sprang into action putting out of service signs and redirecting people to the other elevators, and guests would have complained about the wait.

RoFo and the rest of them keep repeating that they were stuck for "45 minutes". Sounds way too rehearsed. Who has ever said, "Sorry I'm late, but I was pulled over for speeding for 35 minutes."?

RoFo and the rest of them keep repeating that they were stuck for "45 minutes". Sounds way too rehearsed. Who has ever said, "Sorry I'm late, but I was pulled over for speeding for 35 minutes."?
If I were stuck in an enclosed space for 45 seconds with Rob Ford, it would feel like at least 45 minutes, so I can see the others saying it :)

Maybe Ford rushing past the media into the washroom was part of the act. He had it hold it in for "45 minutes". But then again, maybe not. I dunno.

So the president of the economic club is in on the conspiracy? Did she arrive at the hotel before Ford and hide in a broom closet so nobody would see her until Ford was ready to come out of the bathroom where he was doing lines? Or was she in her car heading towards the hotel and got a call from Ford's staff saying "wait 45 minutes, please". Unless someone says that they saw the president during the time she was supposed to be in the elevator, I'm going to believe Ford on this one. Even though a huge part of me doesn't want to.

I'm of the mind that everyone alleged to have been stuck on the elevator with Ford was crowding around him encouraging him to get his act together (one probably called to the scene after another), and promising not to tell anyone what happened. It wouldn't have been the first time people have covered up for Ford, obviously.

I'm of the mind that everyone alleged to have been stuck on the elevator with Ford was crowding around him encouraging him to get his act together (one probably called to the scene after another), and promising not to tell anyone what happened. It wouldn't have been the first time people have covered up for Ford, obviously.

Now that I've seen the picture, I'm still not totally convinced, but I'm willing to consider the possibility that the elevator was stuck. But it still all seems very fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back