News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something I've only just wondered about now. What happened between March 27 when those guys were last known to be discussing the crack video negotiations and mid-May? It's like it dropped off the radar, Ford parties with the guys who were blackmailing him in April and then he's taken by surprise mid-May when the media report on it. It's like something happened to make him think he no longer had to worry about the video.

you are right. we seem to still be missing a good chunk of the story. maybe they thought it had been taken care of with anthony smith's murder? when really, that just got people trying to sell it instead of extort with it.

I'm trying to come up with an explantation for the photo. Rhiannon stuck around for a little while to observe the mechanics out of curiosity?

Because, Economics? Maybe she's an elevator expert. Or an engineer. More likely she's covering her tuchus.

The ECC exists for no other reason than to hold $1000/table lunchyawns and $200 per person meet n' greets. It's not a 'think-tank' or am ideological policy promulgator a la Fraser or CPA. It's a pure money generatin' enterprise. As it should be. But to give it any kind of credence beyond opportunism and the simplistic cachet of 'Economics' is a rube's game at best. And the rubes that attend are marketed to do so.

Because, Economics? Maybe she's an elevator expert. Or an engineer. More likely she's covering her tuchus.

The ECC exists for no other reason than to hold $1000/table lunchyawns and $200 per person meet n' greets. It's not a 'think-tank' or am ideological policy promulgator a la Fraser or CPA. It's a pure money generatin' enterprise. As it should be. But to give it any kind of credence beyond opportunism and the simplistic cachet of 'Economics' is a rube's game at best. And the rubes that attend are marketed to do so.

I was amused to learn that Rhiannon is only in her 20's with an arts degree from Ryerson, no experience prior to the ECC, and only worked there three years before becoming CEO. The name makes it sound like one of those old boy's (girl's?) clubs that I expected to have a long waiting list of jet-setting "retired" executives who have nothing to do but sit on a bunch of boards of directors in between voyages on their yachts. I'm sure she's good at what she does despite the limited qualifications, it's just not the image I had for an organization able to book the likes of Clinton. But at that age and experience level, I wonder if she'd be inclined to stand up to Rob Ford if he were trying to manipulate her.

Am I a reprehensible person for having been excited, during the hour or so in which nobody knew where he was, at the thought that Ford might've been dead?

Because dear lord I deeply wished he was dead.

You're an idiot. Who actually wishes for somebody to be dead; no matter how much you detest them?

Not weed, no way in hell was Ford high on pot. I've smoked a lot of pot in my days, while drinking, and it has never made me act like that. I have been around a lot of people smoking weed while drinking and they've never acted like that. I would bet money that it wasn't pot.

It's very possible he wasn't drinking as much these last few weeks because he was on extra does of xanax or Valium. These drugs combined with alcohol can cause similar speech patterns and lack of control. I can easily see Rob Ford addicted to tranqs.

Too bad Ford didn't bump into Tony Robbins on the elevator (a la Shallow Hal). He could have brainwashed Rob to start telling the truth.

I wonder how many times he's watched Liar Liar? It must be his favourite movie.

You're an idiot. Who actually wishes for somebody to be dead; no matter how much you detest them?

I was in this position before the holidays as well. Neither one of us actually wished him death. Thanks.

We both anticipate his eventual demise rather than wish for it.

Also, but unrelated: "...sit on boards in between trips on their yachts." You have perfectly described my hopes for retirement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back