News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more sighting of the Great White Ford:

http://instagram.com/p/lC_5XFsZ1-/

skeeryjones
54 minutes ago · Mondrian Hotel
And here's the kicker...he voluntarily reaches into his wallet and hands me his business card! #Toronto #Mayor #RobFord He's campaigning all over #Hollywood

Having stayed at the Mondrian, it is very nice. It would have been more 'fish out of water' if he was lodged at The Standard though. Would have pegged him for more of A Sunset Marquis man (Though a real man o' the people would be handing out his cards at the Comfort Inn.)

He's just down the road from the Hustler Superstore, The Viper Room (if it's still there, a Fatburger and Mel's, that diner thing that's been in so many movies.

So a clearer picture is emerging as to what cops are investigating Ford for. They're apparently focusing solely on proving that Ford conspired with Sandro to extort those guys for the video, and they're pretty close to wrapping that up. They have a range of other leads that Giroux wants to pursue after, thus his comment that in his opinion there's still a lot of work to do.

Does this mean they will wait to arrest Ford for the extortion crime until all leads are followed up, or continue to investigate other leads while Ford is charged?

I'm not aware of either of these guys being on the ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox networks. I did catch Arsenio a few weeks ago while flipping channels, but I thought it was syndicated ... though I did watch it back when it came on in the late 1980s ... but I don't think it was network even back then.

As far as I know, the network late night shows have been very white and very male since Joan Rivers stopped doing the Tonight Show - at least I think she has ... I haven't seen her hosting for a long time.
The tv landscape is a lot bigger than just the four networks these days. It's not 1992 anymore. But this a weird tangent, so I'll drop it here.

Chelsea Handler is a woman and hosts Chelsea Lately on E! Channel. I think its on at 11:00 p.m. Red Carpet for the Oscars starting soon! PLEASE don't let Rob Ford be anywhere near it. PLEASE.
So non-network then ...

How does this have any relation to my original statement " ... American late-night network TV host. Male and white, right?"

The tv landscape is a lot bigger than just the four networks these days. It's not 1992 anymore. But this a weird tangent, so I'll drop it here.
It might be wider, but look at the viewership. The viewers for NBC, CBS, and ABC (does Fox even programme the 11:30 pm slot?) still are huge.

Though looking at some recent ratings ... there are some non-network shows. http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/nbcs-rising-leno-dominates-over-kimmel-and-letterman-1200524505/ So Conan O'Brian, Stephen Colbert, and Jon Stewart seem to be in the mix as well. Male and white ... No mention of this Chelsea person ... or Arsenio ...

Last edited:
The other thing I'm told they're looking to charge him with is facilitating drug trafficking. Not sure who or what that involves.

I guess if you can't charge him with having or doing drugs, the consolation prize is that you can charge him with "facilitating drug trafficking"? Possibly the burden of proof is less with that? As in, you don't need to catch him in the act?

The other thing I'm told they're looking to charge him with is facilitating drug trafficking. Not sure who or what that involves.

Could relate to the paying of bills at a known crack house. Wasn't there also the suggestion that a pound of weed was being offered for his missing phone?

So non-network then ...

How does this have any relation to my original statement "

You referred to Chelsea and Arsenio as "guys". I was merely pointing out she's a woman. Sorry to continue this derailment. Back to Hollywood Ford watch....

Hollywood North was always the term given to Vancouver. During the 90's, it seemed to have much more appeal to filmmakers than Toronto. I believe Toronto has now surpassed that. But I have friends in the film/tv industries, and they don't even call TO "Hollywood North".

Nobody slogging in the T.O. film business uses that stupid phrase. It's definitely a civic booster!-ish term. And Toronto and Van are pretty neck-to-neck in terms of overall volume and dollars in. That said, the number of Big $ prods in Toronto (e.g. Pacific Rim) are higher than those in Van. Plus, U.S. producers like Toronto crews for sheer professionalism and expertise in SFX. Also, initial post-production workflow here surpasses Vancouver.

Edit: Just to address the 'Mexico North' thing. Yes, production people in Toronto have laboured under the derisive 'snowbacks' moniker. To most, it's shrugged off and the day is made and the crap's in the can, hard drive, whatever. But, in terms of crew professionalism, Toronto and Vancouver are *at least* as good as those in L.A. Big shows wouldn't come here if there were inferior production services (Though the NABET/IATSE thing is a bit of a prickle).

Last edited:
CP24 6:00pm via TweetDeck
Mayor Rob Ford will not be attending the Oscars tonight because of "heavy security," his staff confirm.

And also, because there's no drinking during the four hour show... :(

Snap judgment: this Brioux guy is annoying and self-aggrandizing

Agreed. He's not a resident of Toronto and admits he doesn't support Ford, so the only thing in it for him is the self-serving quest for credit for getting Ford onto US late-night TV.

I hope the Fords' PR stunt fails and I hope whatever the cops have planned for them is a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back