News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's old. Isn't 1990 the rent control cutoff?

There are multiple cutoffs, any of:

(a) it was not occupied for any purpose before June 17, 1998;
(b) it is a rental unit no part of which has been previously rented since July 29, 1975; or
(c) no part of the building, mobile home park or land lease community was occupied for residential purposes before November 1, 1991.

RTA 2006, c. 17, s. 6 (2).

Now this is for the "rent increase limit guideline", I don't know if that's what you mean by "rent control".

Oh, I think I have to mention Ford to remain on topic. So, how about that guy, eh?

My two cents about the envelopes. I think it was weed and blow. Why would Lisi be delivering kickbacks? Also, Lisi went to the cleaners just before one of the observed exchanges. Sometimes booze too I would think.

Probably weed or blow for sure. Or if Ford was bankrolling his ... enterprise, his cut maybe. Lisi hasn't exactly been tied to a lot of high-level shit, so if anything it would be pocket change to Ford, so it was probably drugs.

Doubt it'd be booze - Rob had no problems fetching that himself or sending people. Why smoke and mirrors for booze?

Could have been other drugs too, who knows - but we know Lisi deals drugs and we know Ford consumes drugs, not really sure what other regular underground 'business' relationship they could have.

But he's got the official investigative reporter hat!

Ah, crap. I should have picked up on that. Seriously, though, no other newsroom that I can see is picking up on the "according to news reports" angle. My take on that is Joe doesn't have enough credibility for other outlets to report his angle. (I'm sure they're checking it, though.) Overall, one expects oversight would go to an experienced guy who's dealt with difficult cases. But I'll wait for someone other than Joe when it comes to naming names.

There are multiple cutoffs, any of:

(a) it was not occupied for any purpose before June 17, 1998;
(b) it is a rental unit no part of which has been previously rented since July 29, 1975; or
(c) no part of the building, mobile home park or land lease community was occupied for residential purposes before November 1, 1991.

RTA 2006, c. 17, s. 6 (2).

Now this is for the "rent increase limit guideline", I don't know if that's what you mean by "rent control".

Oh, I think I have to mention Ford to remain on topic. So, how about that guy, eh?
My unit is in an extension of a 1905ish house built around 60 years ago. It's been apartments longer than I've been alive. West Annex area.

Ford chose a black suit to look slim and gangsterish. But that red tie was an outline on his enormous gut.

0:49 Anything else?

The way he raises his eyebrows at the questioner as the doors close is interesting. Liars fatigue? Exhaustion from constant evasion and deception elicits a moment of non verbal honesty in the face of the big lie. He's no Doug, who's biologically programmed to lie with effortless ease.

Joe Warmington @joe_warmington
Sloppy police investigation on Ford. Many conflicts.Only solution is for TPS to stand down completely and have OPP run it from top to bottom

Chief Blair should assure public he will no longer partake in Ford probe.His investigators Schertzer + Giroux should be replaced by OPP dets

TPSB should retain outside counsel to investigate how investigation on Chief Magistrate was commenced and if Police Act followed or violated

TPSB should ask Andy Pringle, a friend of a mayoral candidate, to step aside while it probes fishing trip to pvt. lodge with police chief.

City council should be calling for an audit on costs and necessity of now clear conflict of interest of TPS in investigating its own mayor

It's clear things are getting desperate in the Ford camp. Warmington's rattled.

To whoever is grossed out by bedbugs and lice, well, they're both quite common problems not really indicative of anyone's cleanliness. It is totally gross to threaten someone with these pests, however. (I'm a parent who had to a) live in a building that had chronic issues with cockroaches - you have to treat the whole building to get rid of those suckers; and b) lice love clean hair - had two sons come home with lice (got out the clippers but had to treat myself - so much for shiny long hair after those chemicals).

I so hope something is coming down the pipes on Ford (the Fords?) soon, but am afraid we're jumping the gun on murder speculation. Who knows, though...I don't think anyone thought of anything quite so bad as crack tapes, thugs, and drunken rants in Jamaican patois back in the day. I always just figured he was an idiot who would mess up municipally and maybe get a drunk driving or domestic conviction, not all this other stuff.

This is so offtopic, but if you want to prevent lice (or as much as lice can be prevented) use a little teatree oil in your shampoo once a week. Our doctor recommended it, and my kids have yet to get lice. We've been doing it for a few years.

About good ole Joe; The idea that city council should spend money to investigate how much money has been spent to investigate the Mayor (wow at that sentence) is ludicrous and would never happen. And yes, +1 to whomever said that the Pringle/Blair fishing trip is Warmington's Benghazi. It's a meanlingless distraction that's only going to resonate among Ford Nation. He's infuriating, but the reality is, he's not that influential. He can spout off, sounding as crazy as he wants, it's playing to his base.

It's clear things are getting desperate in the Ford camp. Warmington's rattled.

He really is losing it. Since it's an ongoing investigation, how would he know if it was sloppy? How can you audit while it's ongoing? Blair has already distanced himself from the investigation and the number of people in the public who require a public statement from him on the matter are minimal indeed. why should the police service retain counsel to find out if the Police Act was violated? Doug Ford is the only person to even remotely assert such a thing took place and he's not exactly an expert in these matters. The idea that Pringle should step down is the most insane, and just a total echo of doug's moronic conspiracy theory. He's on the PSB - what possible influence could he have on Gary Giroux? Every single point he raises is stupid and desperate. I understand they're trying to build their defence before there's even an arrest but it's not going to work.

To whoever is grossed out by bedbugs and lice, well, they're both quite common problems not really indicative of anyone's cleanliness. It is totally gross to threaten someone with these pests, however. (I'm a parent who had to a) live in a building that had chronic issues with cockroaches - you have to treat the whole building to get rid of those suckers; and b) lice love clean hair - had two sons come home with lice (got out the clippers but had to treat myself - so much for shiny long hair after those chemicals).

I so hope something is coming down the pipes on Ford (the Fords?) soon, but am afraid we're jumping the gun on murder speculation. Who knows, though...I don't think anyone thought of anything quite so bad as crack tapes, thugs, and drunken rants in Jamaican patois back in the day. I always just figured he was an idiot who would mess up municipally and maybe get a drunk driving or domestic conviction, not all this other stuff.

Uggggh, grew up with my parents in a building in North York with cockroaches... We used to have one of those answering machines with the tape, and you had to open up a door to get to the tape, and there was always tons of cockroach poop under that door - it was so gross. I grew up thinking this was normal but nope, we were just poor and living in a shitty apartment. Now I get mad when I see even the smallest harmless bug inside my apartment but I can't help it since I live on the first floor, they seem to find a way .... luckily no bedbugs or cockroaches though.

-_- Truly is an evil game Lisi played if his boasts are true. Only thing worse I imagine would be scabies...

He really is losing it. Since it's an ongoing investigation, how would he know if it was sloppy? How can you audit while it's ongoing? Blair has already distanced himself from the investigation and the number of people in the public who require a public statement from him on the matter are minimal indeed. why should the police service retain counsel to find out if the Police Act was violated? Doug Ford is the only person to even remotely assert such a thing took place and he's not exactly an expert in these matters. The idea that Pringle should step down is the most insane, and just a total echo of doug's moronic conspiracy theory. He's on the PSB - what possible influence could he have on Gary Giroux? Every single point he raises is stupid and desperate. I understand they're trying to build their defence before there's even an arrest but it's not going to work.

Wormington needs to be blackballed out of the industry for a while to teach him a few lessons about what he entrusted to do...

I have the same suspicion, plus:

1) connection to ndragheta
2) use of mayors office to award contracts to preferred vendors
3) kickbacks (via Manila envelopes late at night)
4) use if family business as a shipping depot for questionable products!
5) running his own crew!
6) etc.

OPP don't investigate drinking and pissing in a park!

My Columbo senses are tingling.

Serious, totally non-snarky question to those who know how the municipal gov't of Toronto operates: With a weak mayor system, how likely it that an unethical and crafty mayor could make some serious cash for self and others, related to (2) and (3) in Les's list?

Serious, but admittedly snarky question, with preamble ... RoFo and his BigBroDo are unethical as f*ck, to adopt the diction of my twitter fave 80s Doug, but really, they're both in their own ways the opposite of crafty. How likely is it that if there were deep corruption regarding big contracts, the public would not have heard boo after all this time?

I will cheer unreservedly if Rob Ford gets charged for a real criminal offence and there is solid evidence. That's most probably going to happen regarding conspiracy to commit extortion, from what I read here and at other sources such as Star, Globe, and CBC.

But way worse than what Rob Ford might be convicted of in a court of law is the impact of being stupid, shameless, discriminatory in countless dimensions, obstructive to social progress, public safety, and non-shitty commutes, and depressing to anyone who believes that democracy, however flawed, is the best form of gov't we know. He'll never spend a second in court for any of that, but all that crap is what really bugs me.

This is so offtopic, but if you want to prevent lice (or as much as lice can be prevented) use a little teatree oil in your shampoo once a week. Our doctor recommended it, and my kids have yet to get lice. We've been doing it for a few years.

It's antimicrobial. Good thing to use for piercings (to stop skin infections). Smells kinda nasty at first but it grows on you....

I wouldn't say correlation is causation though, I went through the public school system and never got lice and never knew anyone who did! And they used to check us at school too, do they still do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back