News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, mods, for the thread clean-up, although you might have rubbed a little too hard on the last day of posts :)

Oh, well. At least it wasn't a huge news day.

A couple of useful links about the new search warrants:

Globe & Mail: Note how worried Lisi's lawyer seems.

Kevin Donovan at The Star re the new search warrant. Note that he says that police think the women's voice on the crack video belongs to Elaine Basso.

I'd been following on my phone off and on all day (in spite of not being able to sign in an participate) and my phone from about 4 hours ago is 8 pages ahead of where we are just now...
I'd hoped to get back to Jimmi on his theory, (I think that's pretty close, btw) and note an LOL for the "Downtown Arby's" joke. (I'm sorry I don't remember who that was, relying on it being there when I got home to credit appropriately...)

Inasmuch as there appears to heave been some early spring cleaning going on in this particular thread, here's another thread from the forum that shines a brighter light on the danky-dinge of 'Rob Ford's Toronto'. A little sunshine and fresh air through the finally opened window, as it were. Spoiler alert: You'll recognize some of your favourite posters. I sure did. Also, curmudgeons.

"Downtown Arby's" was me, Sno Man. Heh, heh, heh.

So, uh, what exactly happened? An attempt at cleaning up by the mods resulted in pages and pages being wiped out in one fell swoop? Oops.

If you have some time, check out the latest CBC's Ontario Today. A quick sane and detailed call-in discussion with a psychologist on what makes Rob Ford tick. The audio player is on the right hand side of the page.

http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/

Heard that at the gym (Yeah, boring, I know. Should be listening to sumpin' pumpy prolly.). Anyway, towards the end, like 48:00 mark, a True Nayshunal calls in. She bilges the usual - "Rob Is Being Bullied By The Awful, Mean Press, He Cut The Graaaaavy, Lots of people get busted for "Whatever-it-was". Why do we only hear about Roooob?" kinda thing. and the host/guest seem momentarily gobsmacked. The Psychologist guy tries to right the ship and exercises the best sunny spin he can. IIRC, the last guy on is pretty good, though.

Last edited:
Re: The missing posts on the thread... A Ford link to 'Hoffa' gets mentioned and things disappear. Coincidence? I don't think so! ;)

Long threads on a forum like this tends to slow the whole thing down, especially if said thread has photos. It's a bummer, but occasionally a deep clean must happen for the forum to run well (I say this as someone who has experience running a forum).

The Randy picture makes me laugh so hard. I bet he thought it said "Rob Ford Rocks" and missed the fact that it said smokes altogether. That's about the literacy level of that family :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back