News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Stintz was a bad person but I did suspect she'd stoop low to win. This is low...

Take heart, anne. I've been following the readers polls at the Sun and Newstalk1010 website. Sure, they're not worth much, but I find it interesting that Karen can't muster enough support to even astroturf her way past 1% support.

I actually lived in Hazelburn Co-Op a number of years after Layton/Chow. I wish more people understood how Co-ops work, and I really wish there was more political will to create them.

I just can't believe that, 25 years later, people still believe that Layton/Chow were living in subsidized housing. If I had any thought of supporting Stintz, the fact that her team would pull this old horse out and beat it, one more time, pretty much helps me make up my mind that I'll park my vote elsewhere.

I actually lived in Hazelburn Co-Op a number of years after Layton/Chow. I wish more people understood how Co-ops work, and I really wish there was more political will to create them.

Yet the slander campaign continues. I heard someone bring up the co-op lie in an uber urbane hair salon on the Danforth a few years ago. A friend of mine who worked for the NDP in York South-Weston last federal election said he heard it at the door a number of times. I think you're right in saying a lot of it comes down to people being ill informed about co-ops.

I just can't believe that, 25 years later, people still believe that Layton/Chow were living in subsidized housing. If I had any thought of supporting Stintz, the fact that her team would pull this old horse out and beat it, one more time, pretty much helps me make up my mind that I'll park my vote elsewhere.

i dont think you understand how a very large portion of the public think.

co/op affordable housing is for the degenerate members of society. your not supposed to mix and mingle with these people.

you house them in marked neighborhood as examples for others.

if you live there, you are one of them!

Can someone give me some specifics of what Chow stands for or what she's accomplished.

Something more tangible than just 'She brings people together."

I'd honestly like to know. To me she's always just been Jack Layton's wife and the woman who rode her bike to City Hall.

What are her actual accomplishments?

READ HER BOOK. Remarkable achievements.
Love to see a list of at least 5 real things.

READ HER BOOK. Rermarkable achievements.

It's like the Stintz team is already in desperation mode and it hasn't even been 24 hours since the news broke of Crow's entry. Ridiculous.

Maybe Ford is visiting the buildings to add to/recreate some of his voter data base that Doug lost.
I like to think he is lining up customers for "Deco Drugs", as he knows he will soon need another line of work.

Can someone give me some specifics of what Chow stands for or what she's accomplished.

I'd honestly like to know. To me she's always just been Jack Layton's wife and the woman who rode her bike to City Hall.

I have no doubt that in the next 200 days we will learn what all the candidates are promising (and judge if we think these are either good ideas or possible to achieve!)

Yet the slander campaign continues. I heard someone bring up the co-op lie in an uber urbane hair salon on the Danforth a few years ago. A friend of mine who worked for the NDP in York South-Weston last federal election said he heard it at the door a number of times. I think you're right in saying a lot of it comes down to people being ill informed about co-ops.

It's sort of a losing battle, though. No new co-ops are being created. They're sort of a relic of an earlier, more enlightened time in city planning. I don't think a new co-op has been created in this city since the early 1990s.

FWIW, what I heard from a number of people who lived in Hazelburn at the same time as Jack and Olivia is that they wished they'd been more vocal about explaining why they'd chosen to live in a co-op, and more vocal about co-ops generally, rather than paying some artificial differential for an amount owed that didn't really exist. By not fighting back, they actually gave credence to the idea that they were actually double dipping.

It's like the Stintz team is already in desperation mode and it hasn't even been 24 hours since the news broke of Crow's entry. Ridiculous.

J4JMgEV.png

Her biggest accomplishment is not being Rob Ford. And I'm sure she will fill you in tomorrow.

Last edited:
Her biggest accomplishment is not being Rob Ford. And I'm sure she will fill you in tomorrow.

I'm not so sure being someone's spouse counts as an extra special accomplishment. They were obviously on the same page politically, but leadership qualities etc don't get tranferred by osmosis....Ms. Chow's bio makes it pretty clear that her focus has been on education and youth/children. She also has served on many committees at the municipal level:

http://www.oliviachow.ca/meet-olivia/olivia-chow-bio/

I wonder how many of these TCHC buildings and others that he is visiting will be hosting polling stations? If I was a smart candidate I would target buildings I know where there will be lots of people who might just walk by a polling booth and think "well, gee Rob came and visited me I guess I can go vote while I'm waiting for the elevator"...

Anyways - if he's doing a building or two a day, it works out to a large number of people over a few months/years...it'd be crazy to think that doing this isn't positive for him...probably one of the only few things that might win him votes (besides subways to scarborough)...it actually appears that the more time he is at city hall the worse things get for him...

It's also very hard for other candidates to compete with this...first they need to get access to the building, second they need to do it all day every day...third they need to be able to fix problems (which in theory Rob can do with a phone call to TCHC headquarters or whatever...)

The other interesting angle is that he is really only hitting people that are home during the day...stay at home parents, elderly and unemployed (amongst others)...all three of which are demographics that probably like the "stop the gravy train"...I'd be interested what the reaction would be if he showed up at these buildings after dinner...

Anyways, if people think that he's going to lose votes by doing this they are wrong...

i dont think you understand how a very large portion of the public think.

co/op affordable housing is for the degenerate members of society. your not supposed to mix and mingle with these people.

you house them in marked neighborhood as examples for others.

if you live there, you are one of them!

This is a joke, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back