News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never real noticed. Interesting. Don't the Ford Bros. promote "family values", RoFo likes to trot out Renata and the kids for the photo ops.
Not making a fat joke here, but maybe his weight gain over the years caused his ring to not fit anymore...

It's different when it has to come out of your own pocket, I guess. Fords don't even have enough money for a standard campaign launch?

reporterdonpeat 1:14pm via Web
"Want me to throw a big party?" Mayor Rob Ford asks @CP24 reporter RE: campaign launch.

He needs to save his money for his hotmail lawyer. The best criminal defence attorney in Canada doesn't come cheap.;)

Douginoccio does not wear a wedding ring either.

They are "old school" (from when "guys were guys. eh?").

I just spent way more time than I should have looking at old photos of Ford. He's never worn a ring from what I can tell. But he definitely does look 'off' in those photos that sparked this conversation. Something's happening.

Douginoccio does not wear a wedding ring either.

They are "old school" (from when "guys were guys. eh?").

Which, if you believe Mad Men, is before they were born (the very first episode, set in 1960, has a discussion between an older man and a younger man about the younger's decision to wear a wedding ring). They have the vocabularies and speech cadences of much older people, too. It's bizarre.

I just spent way more time than I should have looking at old photos of Ford. He's never worn a ring from what I can tell. But he definitely does look 'off' in those photos that sparked this conversation. Something's happening.

Already mentioned here, but I saw him in person at City Hall on the day those photos were taken, and he looked worse than I've ever seen him before. Still doing the selfies thing, but he was almost shuffling. No exuberance at all. At the time I assumed he was just hungover or on a comedown, but it could just as easily have been that he had recently received some bad news from the reality inhabited by the rest of us.

Snap, me too. No ring. I agree with him looking off, I don't know if he's worried about the criminal end, but he should be worried about the competition in this year's election. Unlike 2010, we have some really good contenders in the race, and Ford doesn't stand a chance. I don't care how many fridge magnets he hands out, he will not win.

He could be wearing the ring on his right hand. I believe that's customary in some cultures/religions. Or just more comfortable for some people.

Don't forget that the standard libel defence is for journalists is to give story subjects a chance to respond prior to publication. If someone's about to print something explosive, RoDo will already know about it. That's how they know to prep Worthington, and that's often why they look pissed (both physically and mentally).

He could be wearing the ring on his right hand. I believe that's customary in some cultures/religions. Or just more comfortable for some people.

Or maybe Renata makes him wear one in a less visible place - say, where it's not as easy to remove in a bar washroom or the mayor's office couch?

Last edited:
Douglas Ford Sr., MPP, did not wear a wedding ring either. (That ought to put a cap on it.)

Which, if you believe Mad Men, is before they were born (the very first episode, set in 1960, has a discussion between an older man and a younger man about the younger's decision to wear a wedding ring). They have the vocabularies and speech cadences of much older people, too. It's bizarre.

In North America men only started to wear wedding rings at all during WW II (mainly soldiers) and it did not really become common until much later in the 20th C - the character in Mad Men would have been rather 'cutting edge'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back