News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SUV is a Deco lease, Dougie related that fact long ago. And the credit card is for expenses of a wink-wink nonexistent job. The question we are dancing around is does Robbie own part of the business, and therefore has not divested himself that ownership after being elected mayor.

No, Doug lied; he claimed the Escalade was a gift from him and Randy. Third parties rooted out the truth using PPSA searches against Deco. (And there is not a shred of public information on whether he has a Deco credit card of any sort.)

Nothing requires a mayor to divest himself of the ownership of a business, no matter the size of his ownership (i.e., some or all).

Last edited:
No, Doug lied; he claimed the Escalade was a gift from him and Randy. Third parties rooted out the truth using PPSA searches against Deco. (And there is not a shred of public information on whether he has a Deco credit card of any sort.)

Nothing requires a mayor to divest himself of the ownership of a business, no matter the size of his ownership (i.e., some or all).
Rob was surprised when Doug said he bought it. A reporter told him in a scrum and Rob's face was "thatsonofabitch". Later the press dug up that it wasn't even a gift but a company lease. That was the moment I started hating Doug more than Rob.

Challenging lawsuit, prison officials deny conspiring with Ford on jail beating
ANN HUI
The Globe and Mail
Published Monday, Mar. 24 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Last updated Monday, Mar. 24 2014, 6:34 PM EDT

...Scott MacIntyre, the former common-law spouse of Mr. Ford’s sister Kathy, filed a $1.5-million lawsuit against the mayor and the province in January. That lawsuit alleges that Mr. Ford conspired with a former football player as well as prison staff to have Mr. MacIntyre beaten during his stay at the Toronto West Detention Centre

But in a statement of defence filed Monday, the province “specifically denies that any of its employees conspired to intentionally facilitate the attack as alleged,” and claims Mr. MacIntyre misled prison staff and refused to cooperate after the incident.

Mr. MacIntyre told The Globe in an earlier interview that he had his teeth shattered and leg broken in the attack. He alleged it had been organized by Mr. Ford and executed by former Don Bosco football player Aedan Petros to “keep my mouth shut” about the mayor’s alleged drug use.

But the province says that after Mr. MacIntyre was found by prison staff lying on the floor fully-clothed outside a washroom, “the plaintiff told the physician that he slipped and fell in the shower and hurt his knee.” The statement says that Mr. MacIntyre was asked several times by both prison staff and a doctor about the attack, and each time, he “repeated his story that he had slipped in the shower.”

Four days after, the statement reads, Mr. MacIntyre gave prison staff a different account of the incident, saying that he and another inmate had an argument because the other inmate “insisted that he get the newspaper before the plaintiff’s friend” and the two “decided to go to the washroom to settle the dispute.”

When pressed for the name of the other inmate, Mr. MacIntyre alleged refused, saying he wasn’t “a rat.”

The statement also addresses a claim by Mr. MacIntyre that prison staff were either negligent or complicit because video surveillance was “inexplicably disabled” before the attack. But the province says that the area was regularly patrolled and under video surveillance (only the recording function had been decommissioned, and at least a year before the attack)....

What does it mean to go to the washroom to settle a dispute?

Last edited:
‏@reporterdonpeat
From court docs: List of search warrants filed, etc. #TOpoli #RobFord pic.twitter.com/QCOzgkUdmn
BjhUxkmCMAAw43f.png

Anyone else pick up on the "two one-party consent authorizations" detail of the new ITO? Does this mean what I think it means???

I swear Dickens is rising from the dead to get at this story.

Yes, truth really is stranger than fiction. Who could have guessed that this mystery would have so many twists and turns, and it's still not over yet. It will make a great movie one day. (and an interesting legacy/folklore for Toronto) Move over Chicago and New York, Toronto may have you beat in the unbelievable madness that is Crazy Town.

Last edited:
‏@reporterdonpeat
From court docs: List of search warrants filed, etc. #TOpoli #RobFord pic.twitter.com/QCOzgkUdmn
BjhUxkmCMAAw43f.png

Anyone else pick up on the "two one-party consent authorizations" detail of the new ITO? Does this mean what I think it means???

Holy hell, good catch!

‏@reporterdonpeat
BjhUxkmCMAAw43f.png

What do you think it means? And who would the party be?

I am laughing at this portion of the doc because I expected "and a partridge in a pear tree" at the end!

it means that one person knows (and consents that) the conversation is being recorded. http://www.legaltree.ca/node/908
could be a monitored phone call.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was David Price being one of those, remember he phoned cops re: Ford and Anthony Smith. Mark Towhey might have been the other.

Someone on Let Ford Be just said they'd prefer Sandro Lisi as deputy mayor rather than Norm Kelly. Yeesh. It's like watching Nixon supporters flail around at the height of Watergate.

I think (and I could be wrong) it could either be a wire or a recorded phone convo in which one party gives consent, no?

Could it not simply refer to the people who made the deal wit Lisi to buy pot off of him? It would be nice if it was more substantive, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back